SONY WARNS YOU NOT TO TURN ON PS3! (details inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#1 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
News (courtesy of switched)
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 waflerevolution

just found the OFFICIAL sony post here

side note... wonder what fanboys will say... they can't believe sony does ANYTHING wrong... ever... even with factual evidence in their possession... should be interesting.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

ill turn on my ps3 when they have it fixed
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waflerevolution

GS picked up the story too it seems.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6252630.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts
I'll leave mine be, My PS2 and DS and Wii and Snes and N64 shall do...
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

I can't help chuckling to myself a little as I wipe the tiny beads of sweat from my brow and thank fate for every store being sold out of PS3s which resulted in my purchase of the X360 last January.

*Update a few minutes later*

Even though the problem seems to be fixed, I'll still stick to my statement above.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

You probably would have been unaffected as the slim model was fine.  Phatty was not.

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

You probably would have been unaffected as the slim model was fine.  Phatty was not.

duncanr2n

I was hunting for New or Used and would have bought a used PS3 if I could have found one locally. Though I am now very satisfied with my 360, initially my first choice was the PS3 over the X360 and Wii.

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#9 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
Thank goodness I couldn't find a copy of heavy rain!
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hizang

Some of my friends who are big 360 fans were so laughing at the PS3 cause of this. But I was like

"Well atleast Sony fix's there problems....CoughRed Ring of Death!"

xD

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waflerevolution
360's don't have that anymore... Sony Doesn't fix their hardware problems without a class action lawsuit. plus they make you pay for shipping. PS1 and PS2 (especially launch PS2s) had TONS of technical problems that were NEVER resolved. fanboys are just too defensive and willfully ignorant to admit it... and since sony owns the media, you rarely hear about non-software based problems... microsoft fixes their hardware and software problems for free including shipping.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hizang
"Twiddles thumbs"
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waflerevolution
exactly... feel free to look those up by the way... it's no secret that it took a massive class action lawsuit on the launch PS2s for sony to give a grap about it enough to offer to fix it if you paid to ship it to them.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hizang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFcz0FmGiLc

:)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waflerevolution

I literally hate those swine... not because they hate 360 and not because they are propaganda machine fanboys... but because they are rich spoiled brats who have the money  to waste buying all those 360's and then smash them... they are what is wrong with America... their CLEARLY disposable income could have been used so much more lucratively.... or donated to charity for ****s sake! those people should be killed. simple as that. they don't belong in society. anyone and I mean anyone so willing to waste money like that is a pile of garbage who shouldn't have rights at all. they should be dragged into the street and smashed by their own hammers.

and I'd say the same thing for the people who do it to PS3's and Wii's... each set of fanboys have one of those "smash" sites. and they all should be KILLED and I do mean KILLED. they are the scum of the earth and lower than pedophiles, druggies (though most of them probably are druggies), murderers and even rapists. they lack maturity, rational thinking, what the value of a dollar is, consideration for others, common sense, and even sanity.

and because you clearly like them... my already low opinion of you is now officially despise. I officially despise you and will now ignore you entirely. good day.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hizang

I literally hate those swine... not because they hate 360 and not because they are propaganda machine fanboys... but because they are rich spoiled brats who have the money to waste buying all those 360's and then smash them... they are what is wrong with America... their CLEARLY disposable income could have been used so much more lucratively.... or donated to charity for ****s sake! those people should be killed. simple as that. they don't belong in society. anyone and I mean anyone so willing to waste money like that is a pile of garbage who shouldn't have rights at all. they should be dragged into the street and smashed by their own hammers.

and I'd say the same thing for the people who do it to PS3's and Wii's... each set of fanboys have one of those "smash" sites. and they all should be KILLED and I do mean KILLED. they are the scum of the earth and lower than pedophiles, druggies (though most of them probably are druggies), murderers and even rapists. they lack maturity, rational thinking, what the value of a dollar is, consideration for others, common sense, and even sanity.

and because you clearly like them... my already low opinion of you is now officially despise. I officially despise you and will now ignore you entirely. good day.

waflerevolution

...C is for cookie :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPytoa--430

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts

I literally hate those swine... not because they hate 360 and not because they are propaganda machine fanboys... but because they are rich spoiled brats who have the money  to waste buying all those 360's and then smash them... they are what is wrong with America... their CLEARLY disposable income could have been used so much more lucratively.... or donated to charity for ****s sake! those people should be killed. simple as that. they don't belong in society. anyone and I mean anyone so willing to waste money like that is a pile of garbage who shouldn't have rights at all. they should be dragged into the street and smashed by their own hammers.

waflerevolution

I know your trying to make a point, and I agree with you, but they are worse that pedophiles, murderers, and rapist?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

Republican11

I know your trying to make a point, and I agree with you, but they are worse that pedophiles, murderers, and rapist?

yes. yes they are. what they are doing isn't because of some mental illness... or mental drive they can't help. they are doing it on purpose and all that time and effort and money... even those consoles could be used in far more constructive ways.

they could have used their clearly abundant free time to help the needy or work for charity. they could use their CLEARLY completely disposable income to donate to the needy, the homeless or to charity. and even those 360s (or PS3s or Wiis) could have found better homes... or been donated to the needy.... or even child care homes. 

I was a product of the system. I was practically parentless my whole life, I was moved from my home in 7th grade and placed in a child care home, those places are hell on earth and I would have been better off with my abusive parents... a little donation from someone would have made our day a little better... at least during the 10 min of free time we were allowed a day...

after I left there I was poor and working 3-5 jobs at a time just to pay bills. all through high school I wished I had some spare money... however, I never did... a little donation would have made my life a little less miserable...

a few years after high school what was left of my life fell apart... I lost my jobs, my friends, my (good) family members, my cats, my fiancé and few other less important things... all within a few months of each other for completely unrelated reasons.

basically, my point is, I ended up homeless, I didn't hang out with the other homeless people, but I did see them occasionally. even talked with them... and they would have loved it if someone would have just gave them enough cash to buy a loaf of bread.... contrary to popular belief... most homeless people aren't drunks or druggies... but former middle-cl**** families. as the middle cl**** dies, more people go homeless... or to jail. capitalism has failed and is evil and corrupt. it's people like those immature young adults who smash 360s that have  no concept of money or consideration for others that deserve to be homeless or in prison. 

just as a side note, I've worked at a game store and if you how many people and families would just kill for the chance to be able to afford a 360... let alone a PS3... or multiple of either... the kind of people who'd come in and buy a console 2 generations late and only 2 or 3 games marked under $1 for it... those people deserve to replace those *** holes in those "smash sites". those are the people who have to suffer and fight every day they live. the ***es on the "smash sites" are spoiled jack ***es with no souls.

my point is more than made... but feel free to ask anything else.

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Not to cause annoyance or anything but I know that some of them smash things, are funded by donations, which just makes matters worse.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 waflerevolution

Not to cause annoyance or anything but I know that some of them smash things, are funded by donations, which just makes matters worse.hesel

those people are just as bad.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts
Since this is no longer an issue, and because this conversation has seriously degraded and is way off-topic, I'm locking.