Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#3 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts
I can't see anything else winning, but there is God of War 3 coming out soon and Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold. I vote Pokemon :)
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
FFXIII definitely. :)
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts
That's what I'm playing right now...FF XIII that is.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hizang

Takes off Pikachu Costume in Shame...

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mijahi

I am currently only in Ch. 4. I'd hoped to be further by now, but certain reasons have kept me from progressing as quickly as I'd like.

My first comment is how all the pre-release talk of linearity (at least in the first half of the game) is so dead on. So far, nothing but Point A to Point B...with the occasional 10 foot detour to open a "floating metal orb."

But on the flip side, I love the battle system so far! I am much more of a classic T-B battle fan, but I really get into this system. I'm still learning all the paradigms available to me...but I am getting by quite well.

Also, and maybe it gets easier later, but gil is Dang hard to come by!! But then, I haven't been selling off any of my components either...not sure if I'm going to need those in the future.

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mijahi

I am currently on Disc 2 in The Gapra Whitewood: Bioweapon Research Site D.  With just under 20 hrs logged in, all the Crystarium upgrades available to me for all assigned classes have been filled for all characters. And most characters are carrying level 4 or 5 weapons and accessories.

I haven't been using the strategy guide very much at all. I mostly used it to fully understand the paradigm system and classes.

The one thing I still don't fully understand, and maybe one of y'all can shed some light on this, but is there anything more specific to the components other than EXP? Meaning, does one component over another grant better stats or elemental effects to the applied weapon or accessory? So far, the only reason I am finding components useful is for leveling weapons/accessories. But it seems that there should be more to it...idk?

Where y'all at? How are you enjoying it so far? 

No major spoilers if possible please.

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
I'm not buying this game till it gets cheaper, but might borrow it from a friend soon.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hizang
I got it reccently and its really cool, love the graphics and some of the characters make me laugh. The names are all quite wierd lol I mean Lightning, Hope (For a boy), Snow? Urgh whatever happend to Bob, Fred, Matthew....
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 someNONSENSE
I saw a video on Xbox Live about the combat system. This does not make me want to play this game... I don't think I will be picking this game up for probably a year or longer, or until it drops to $20 in price. Now, back to finishing Mass Effect 2.. :)
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#12 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

I am on the fence with this one;

I LOVE turn based RPG's, and HATED Eternal Sonata-style fighting

Will I hate the new FF? 

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mijahi

Did anybody else around here buy the game and is currently playing?  I thought this thread was for us to discuss the game as we play through it...maybe I misunderstood.

And for those putting off buying the game, let me say this. I am a long time, die hard FF fan. And to be honest, yes, I'm a bit disappointed that XIII strays from our favorite tried and true RPG formula. As a matter of fact, the closer it came to release...the more mad at myself I was for pre-ordering the game because of all the negative crap I was reading and hearing. Well, I was wrong to believe any of that. Had I listened to all the criticism, I would be missing a very involving and deep game! The story, the characters, the graphics, and yes, the battle system truly make this game an Experience.

And contrary to what you may have heard about the Battle System...you do not just have to constantly press 'A' in the battles...that is unless you want to see the 'Game Over' screen a lot. In the very beginning, yes, pressing 'A' is just about all you have to do. But early in the game, as the story unfolds, you are gradually introduced to the more complicated aspects of the battle system...which include a lot more than just pressing 'A'.

I also want to mention how great the OST is! I have been thoroughly enjoying the music. From new, piano-heavy led background music on one certain level (as an example), to rifts and reincarnations of some of our old favorite FF tracks.

Anyway, I am now in Chapter 5 [21:34], having made my way with Lightning and Hope all the way through The Gapra Whitewood to Polumpulum...although now I am in control of Snow.

Also, I am still interested in knowing a little more about Components if anyone can help me out there.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 someNONSENSE

From what I saw of the new battle system in FFXIII, I am not saying it is a bad battle system. It just looks complicated. I have a hard enough time with the intricacies of the battle system in previous FF games. I will definitely want to pick this game up eventually and try it, but due to the apparent complexity and depth, I have no desire to play it right now.. Probably because there are too many other games in my playlist at the moment..

But yeah, I do think FFXIII should be GotM because it is the latest FINAL FANTASY!! The fact that the latest FF game is finally here is huge..

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#15 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I've bought it and have been playing it pretty solidly for a week.  I'm on Disc 2 at the moment, Chapter 7 (I think, these chapters seem to be flying by pretty quickly... anyway I've just finished the bit with Sazh and Vanille and the fancy weather devices).

So far I'm finding it pretty enjoyable, I like the combat system which is actually a lot more tactical than first impressions would have you believe.  You really can't keep mashing the A button forever! I'm having a great time figuring out what Paradigm combos work best in each situation.

I think the story is good and characters are some of the best in the series, however the game is extremely linear, which is a bit of a downer for me. I don't mind games in which you just go from one area to another, level to level one after another (most RPGs and action-adventures are linear in that sense) as long as each area is fairly large and explorable.  The levels in FF13 (so far) are all literally just a straight line from start to end.  Although they are all very pretty.  But if I wasn't having so much fun with the battles and story I'd probably be bored by now.

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mijahi

I think the story is good and characters are some of the best in the series, however the game is extremely linear, which is a bit of a downer for me. I don't mind games in which you just go from one area to another, level to level one after another (most RPGs and action-adventures are linear in that sense) as long as each area is fairly large and explorable.  The levels in FF13 (so far) are all literally just a straight line from start to end.  Although they are all very pretty.  But if I wasn't having so much fun with the battles and story I'd probably be bored by now.

totalgridlock

That would be my biggest complaint as well. So far, it has been nothing but Point A to Point B, with the occasional 10' detour to open a treasure orb. I hear it opens up late in the game, but like you gridlock, I'm only on Disc 2 and haven't seen anything close to a large, explorable stage.

And I completely agree with your assessment of the Battle System...one of the most original and involved systems I've played in a long time! (Though I can't wait till I have access to more than just one Saboteur. I can't remember off the top of my head who my one Saboteur is currently, but I'd like to have access to one in my party at all times! :P)

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

I will be playing it, but I kinda figured that I really should play X-2 (XI?) and XII first, as I've owned them much longer and have yet to beat them.  So I'm 10 hours into X-2 right now.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

I made the mistake of giving Borderlands the old college try and got myself hooked.  I'll plow through one playthrough and then turn my attentions to FF 13 thereafter.

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mijahi

Just made it to Chapter 7 an hour ago or so. And will probably play through the night till I can't keep my eyes open. :P It's currently 10:30 pm locally, so I should get in several solid hours.

Also, is anybody else playing only dying when they forget to look at their life gauges? (Like I seem to do sometimes :oops: ) And that's only because of everything else going on, like paradigm changes, debuffs, and working on the enemies Stagger %...I really haven't died yet because an enemy is too tough. I've had some long battles...about 6 min is my longest I think...but as long as I keep an eye on my health, I find it really tough to die. Anyone else kind of feel the same?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hizang

I will be playing it, but I kinda figured that I really should play X-2 (XI?) and XII first, as I've owned them much longer and have yet to beat them. So I'm 10 hours into X-2 right now.

duncanr2n

Have you played Final Fantasy X, if you haven't you might not fully understand everythig cause Final Fantasty X is the only FF game with a sequel (X-2)

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mijahi
[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

I will be playing it, but I kinda figured that I really should play X-2 (XI?) and XII first, as I've owned them much longer and have yet to beat them. So I'm 10 hours into X-2 right now.

Hizang

Have you played Final Fantasy X, if you haven't you might not fully understand everythig cause Final Fantasty X is the only FF game with a sequel (X-2)

Considering he already owns FFX, I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

And duncanr2n...I know a lot of people disliked it, but FFXII is probably still my favorite FF of the past 2 gens. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did! And good luck, you have a lot of hours of PT ahead of you there! :P  

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#22 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Just got to Chapter 12. This game is horrible. Worst combat system in any FF game, or any RPG I have played in recent memory. Boring long pointless battles, don't give bosses that have no chance of ever beating me so long as I have one person healing 10,000,000+ HP! In almost any fight you could just mash A/X and win, which is what I do 80% of the time. I type on my computer and watch videos while I continue to hit X to finish these awful battles. It's still the boring unstrategic battles of the past but it is now faster (well, the attacks are faster, the battles take much longer to finish), has dumb AI controlling 2/3 of your party, and the animations (for magic at least) just does't give you the eye candy it did in the past.

An ok idea for a story but the game has horrible storytelling, bad dialouge, and mostly bad characters (why couldn't it have just been about Snow, Sarah, and the Chocobo). STOP WHINING! All the game is is walk, fight, emo cutscene, character makes a speech and they all make up their mind to do something, walk fight, character who made the last speech is now an emo ***** and a different character makes a speech. The supporting characters are just pointless, the four or five that Snow had with him at the start just drop from the plot. Enemies you think might become major characters or a boss at least just get randomly killed in cutscenes (WTF happened at the end of chapter 7 anyway!). Your characters want to save the people of Cocoon but the game never gives you any reason to give a damn about the idiots, and none of your characters seem to have any problem killing enemy soldiers even though they are just as dumb as the rest of the people. Sure kill them for the greater good but don't make smartass comments while doing it. Allies and auto have bad AI, like pretty much any other JRPG that tried to have AI controlled allies (Persona 3). The FF series needs to stop with the high-tech worlds, stick to Magic and Fantasy, and lose the dumb equipment and machines, weird sports, and odd revealing clothing. 

Summoning, here is what I think of that. I will add that it is very nice being able to skip the summon animations.....all those times I had to watch in FF8 I could have beat the game twice.

Combat wise, this game is horrible. Story wise, this game is just a mess. Graphically, very nice, thank god developers are still capable of using color in games. It's been so long since I've played something where I didn't need to turn my brightness up all the way to see.

I have no problem with the game being more linear though. It's not like there was ever much to see in past FF games by walking around all over. Most areas are just a straight shot through, but so were most of the other FF games unless you went a screen or two off the path to get a treasure chest. Shops at save points is fine, I can't say that I ever really cared about walking into a building to have someone say, "Want to buy something?" and "Thank you." Shopping at save points just saves time. They need to get you interested in the world and the people in it though. As it is where I am on the game, I want Cocoon to be destroyed because the people in it are idiots, and the story does nothing to change my opinion, at least it hasn't in the 12+ chapters I have played (if they do it now, they are a little late).

"The world really opens up when you get to Pulse."

....No....no it really doesn't. If opens up means side quests that just have to kill something on the map somewhere and that the game now has unreachable areas and monsters that are way to strong for you, then I guess it does.  

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

Did anybody else around here buy the game and is currently playing?  I thought this thread was for us to discuss the game as we play through it...maybe I misunderstood.

And for those putting off buying the game, let me say this. I am a long time, die hard FF fan. And to be honest, yes, I'm a bit disappointed that XIII strays from our favorite tried and true RPG formula. As a matter of fact, the closer it came to release...the more mad at myself I was for pre-ordering the game because of all the negative crap I was reading and hearing. Well, I was wrong to believe any of that. Had I listened to all the criticism, I would be missing a very involving and deep game! The story, the characters, the graphics, and yes, the battle system truly make this game an Experience.

And contrary to what you may have heard about the Battle System...you do not just have to constantly press 'A' in the battles...that is unless you want to see the 'Game Over' screen a lot. In the very beginning, yes, pressing 'A' is just about all you have to do. But early in the game, as the story unfolds, you are gradually introduced to the more complicated aspects of the battle system...which include a lot more than just pressing 'A'.

I also want to mention how great the OST is! I have been thoroughly enjoying the music. From new, piano-heavy led background music on one certain level (as an example), to rifts and reincarnations of some of our old favorite FF tracks.

Anyway, I am now in Chapter 5 [21:34], having made my way with Lightning and Hope all the way through The Gapra Whitewood to Polumpulum...although now I am in control of Snow.

Also, I am still interested in knowing a little more about Components if anyone can help me out there.

mijahi
yes, me. ch.3 is freezing my ps3 for no reason:x
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hizang

Just got to Chapter 12. This game is horrible. Worst combat system in any FF game, or any RPG I have played in recent memory. Boring long pointless battles, don't give bosses that have no chance of ever beating me so long as I have one person healing 10,000,000+ HP! In almost any fight you could just mash A/X and win, which is what I do 80% of the time. I type on my computer and watch videos while I continue to hit X to finish these awful battles. It's still the boring unstrategic battles of the past but it is now faster (well, the attacks are faster, the battles take much longer to finish), has dumb AI controlling 2/3 of your party, and the animations (for magic at least) just does't give you the eye candy it did in the past.

An ok idea for a story but the game has horrible storytelling, bad dialouge, and mostly bad characters (why couldn't it have just been about Snow, Sarah, and the Chocobo). STOP WHINING! All the game is is walk, fight, emo cutscene, character makes a speech and they all make up their mind to do something, walk fight, character who made the last speech is now an emo ***** and a different character makes a speech. The supporting characters are just pointless, the four or five that Snow had with him at the start just drop from the plot. Enemies you think might become major characters or a boss at least just get randomly killed in cutscenes (WTF happened at the end of chapter 7 anyway!). Your characters want to save the people of Cocoon but the game never gives you any reason to give a damn about the idiots, and none of your characters seem to have any problem killing enemy soldiers even though they are just as dumb as the rest of the people. Sure kill them for the greater good but don't make smartass comments while doing it. Allies and auto have bad AI, like pretty much any other JRPG that tried to have AI controlled allies (Persona 3). The FF series needs to stop with the high-tech worlds, stick to Magic and Fantasy, and lose the dumb equipment and machines, weird sports, and odd revealing clothing.

Summoning, here is what I think of that. I will add that it is very nice being able to skip the summon animations.....all those times I had to watch in FF8 I could have beat the game twice.

Combat wise, this game is horrible. Story wise, this game is just a mess. Graphically, very nice, thank god developers are still capable of using color in games. It's been so long since I've played something where I didn't need to turn my brightness up all the way to see.

I have no problem with the game being more linear though. It's not like there was ever much to see in past FF games by walking around all over. Most areas are just a straight shot through, but so were most of the other FF games unless you went a screen or two off the path to get a treasure chest. Shops at save points is fine, I can't say that I ever really cared about walking into a building to have someone say, "Want to buy something?" and "Thank you." Shopping at save points just saves time. They need to get you interested in the world and the people in it though. As it is where I am on the game, I want Cocoon to be destroyed because the people in it are idiots.

"The world really opens up when you get to Pulse."

....No....no it really doesn't. If opens up means side quests that just have to kill something on the map somewhere and that the game now has unreachable areas and monsters that are way to strong for you, then I guess it does.

Legolas_Katarn

Wow...

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mijahi

Just got to Chapter 12. This game is horrible. Legolas_Katarn

That just goes to show how we each are entitled to our own interpretations and opinions! ;) I'm really sorry you feel the way you do, Legolas. It sucks when you spend $60 on anything and it turns out to be something you hate...a total drag actually. I happen to love the game and found all the (pre-release) criticism unfair. But that is just me and my tastes. :) Look at it this way though...if you have a PS3, at least (unlike me and my 360) you have Versus to look forward to! I hope you don't give up on the FF franchise just because you didn't like XIII.

Again, sorry the game was such a stinker for ya, but I wish ya a good day anyway partner!

Avatar image for undergroundfrog
undergroundfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 undergroundfrog
Member since 2009 • 499 Posts
I've liked what I have played on Final Fantasy XIII (X360 Version)
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hizang
I've just gotton into the paradigm system, its complex but I think I got the handle of it.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gmsnpr

I just started the game last night after finishing Borderlands, and I've gotten to Chapter 3. It's certainly a feast for the eyes, but there were times in the opening movie and there have been in some of the numerous cutscenes where the lavish visuals make it difficult to figure out what is actually happening onscreen. It's dazzling, but there's little to take away in terms of information or narrative.

The early part where the different parties are navigating the same event wasn't a bad storytelling move. I liked that, but the story so far hasn't been so big that you need to tell it from three viewpoints. I don't know if that will change. I don't know when I'm going to feel like I'm not in the preamble anymore and get to the real meat of the game, since I just got introduces to the crystal-genesis (or whatever it's called) paradigm upgrading. Combat is OK so far, but I'll wait until I see a fully fleshed-out version before passing judgement.

I see some Blue Dragon elements so far, in the futuristic hollow-world setting, the first shark-mech boss and the Paradigm (a.k.a. Shadow) system, although setting combat roles has shown up in other RPGs, even earlier FF titles, so that part is forgiveable.

So far, I'm intrigued, but the cutscene length and frequency has me on edge a bit. I still like playing a game more than watching one.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gmsnpr

I'm 30 hours in and in Chapter 9.  I've gotten a better handle on character advancement, upgrading, and the combat.  It flows pretty well, but the approaching-ridiculous levels of hit points are already wearing on me.  I can win any fight given the time, but having to repeat the "hobble, stagger and pound" cycle on enemies 5 times doesn't test my skills more than having to do it once does.  I looked through the in-game bestiary that I've got built up so far, and the highest hit point enemy that I have defeated had just under 400,000 HP to my characters' 1000-2000 each.  I looked through the guide and there is an enemy with >6,000,000 hitpoints.  I'll have to send out for a pizza when I tackle that one.  I'm already getting Emerald Weapon flashbacks.

Anyway, I only like Sazh and to a lesser extent Vanille.  The other characters are thick, stereotypical, or whine too much.  I'm looking forward to getting this one in the can and move to something more interesting like Metro 2033 or Deadly Premonition.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hizang
I actully stopped playing it, I got a bit bored, may go back to it later
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Legolas_Katarn

Not only do I agree with this, I can't think of any possible way to argue against it. All I can really think of people saying is, "I know but for some reason I like it anyway."I can only add to by saying that the game getting better or changing at all after 20 hours is a lie, because you will be too weak to go on the sidequests at that point. As soon as you get off of Pulse the game is completely linear again (instead of mostly linear). The only time you will be doing side missions or exploring is after you beat the game so you can unlock the last upgrade level. So the game really only gets better after it's over.

Anyway, I only like Sazh and to a lesser extent Vanille.

I thought Sazh was the only really likeable character. Snow I thought was ok, sure he had some stupid moments and the hero crap was annoying ("what the hell did him and his "gang" do in the past anyway to be able to fight well and enjoy killing so much) but him talking to Sarah in the past or talking to Hope before he tries to kill him are the only moments where there is any emotion to the story. Fang is by far the worst to me, more apparent once you beat it. One of the dumbest FF characters of all time.

"I looked through the in-game bestiary that I've got built up so far, and the highest hit point enemy that I have defeated had just under 400,000 HP to my characters' 1000-2000 each.  I looked through the guide and there is an enemy with >6,000,000 hitpoints" (HTML errors, can't quote twice)

One of my favorite parts of the guide was when it basically says something like. When the enemy is almost dead, down to 500,000 health, he will cast doom on you. You better have someTP for a renew or two because if you do anything but all out attack time will run out and it's time to fight this enemy for another 20 minutes. 

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mijahi

Maybe I've just over-leveled my Crystarium or weapons or something, but I'm in Ch 11 on the Archylte Steppe and the longest battle I've had yet only lasted about 7 mins. and that is by far the longest battle I've had yet. (Cid Raines)

Admittedly, even though I own and occasionally have open the strat guide (only if I feel like I missed something)...I have alomst 70 hours logged on. Most people have had the game beat in this amount of time, but I have always been the type to go a little slower than most RPG gamers. Oh well, doesn't bother me at all.

The only thing eating away at me this time is that I really, really want to get XIII finished so that I can start Resonance of Fate! I've been trying like crazy not to read or hear anything about RoF other than the couple of pre-release game-play videos I watched that convinced me I needed to buy and play that game! (I love going into an RPG knowing nothing other than what the back cover of the game case says).

Well, on that note....back to the Archylte Steppe! :P

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#33 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

I don't like it;

Granted I am not that far into the game, but its just too different from the Final Fantasy dogma for me to truly enjoy.

Perhaps I am just trapped in my ways, but I expected a better version of Lost Odyssey. LO was the benchmark for RPGS (IMO) this generation, and I expected a better story, with better characters, and better cut scenes. 

What I got was Square trying to buy its way out of poor storytelling and generic characters with simply jawdropping graphics. 

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Legolas_Katarn

What I got was Square trying to buy its way out of poor storytelling and generic characters with simply jawdropping graphics.

That's probably why I hated it even more than the average person who hated it. I've never cared about graphics or system power or anything like that unless they effect gameplay (like shadows in games, dust all over in Bad Company 2, bullets going through walls and objects, being blinded by sunlight, muzzle flashes, etc). While playing FF13 I never gave the graphics a second thought nothing really stood out or impressed me, the world was so uninteresting I never cared about how anything in it looked.  

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Republican11

I'm 30 hours in and in Chapter 9.  I've gotten a better handle on character advancement, upgrading, and the combat.  It flows pretty well, but the approaching-ridiculous levels of hit points are already wearing on me.  I can win any fight given the time, but having to repeat the "hobble, stagger and pound" cycle on enemies 5 times doesn't test my skills more than having to do it once does.  I looked through the in-game bestiary that I've got built up so far, and the highest hit point enemy that I have defeated had just under 400,000 HP to my characters' 1000-2000 each.  I looked through the guide and there is an enemy with >6,000,000 hitpoints.  I'll have to send out for a pizza when I tackle that one.  I'm already getting Emerald Weapon flashbacks.

Anyway, I only like Sazh and to a lesser extent Vanille.  The other characters are thick, stereotypical, or whine too much.  I'm looking forward to getting this one in the can and move to something more interesting like Metro 2033 or Deadly Premonition.

gmsnpr

That is a very interesting game. I have finished the first two chapters, and I don't know wheather I love it or hate it. You will see what I mean.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gmsnpr

I've finished the main game and had finished about 45 of the side missions before I finally decided to take out the last boss.  I played for 103 hours to accomplish this feat.  I want to go back and pick up some of the "max out role" achievements and beat the remaining Mark missions, but I feel like I have seen enough of what this game has to offer.  It's not as good of an RPG as I want, but it was compelling enough to play for a few weeks and drive my wife nuts with, so I guess it's a mixed bag. 

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Republican11

I've finished the main game and had finished about 45 of the side missions before I finally decided to take out the last boss.  I played for 103 hours to accomplish this feat.  I want to go back and pick up some of the "max out role" achievements and beat the remaining Mark missions, but I feel like I have seen enough of what this game has to offer.  It's not as good of an RPG as I want, but it was compelling enough to play for a few weeks and drive my wife nuts with, so I guess it's a mixed bag. 

gmsnpr

Just remember Zack, "I knew today would be a bad day, my coffee told me so."

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Republican11
Borrowed the game from a friend, I think I have almost 2 hours in. I just got to the point where you get magic and get to "level up" with the grid thing. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, I am very dissapointed with it. I have no motivation to continue. I still don't have much of a clue to whats going on with the main plot, and I don't really know any of the characters besides Hope. Also, every battle has been nothing but hitting A, and the occasional potion. I don't know, I might play another hour.
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mijahi

gmsnpr

I too finished the main story of the game about a week or two ago and I also plan to go back to finish up Marks and other side-quests. I won't go into detail here about how I felt after beating the story part of the game b/c I dedicated a whole blog to that topic which you are welcome to read on my page.

As a side note though....since starting Resonance of Fate immediately after finishing FFXIII...my opinion of XIII hasn't changed except for knowing XIII should not be the console RPG GOTY. RoF has XIII beat as a console RPG by a mile! (Or by 1.609 kilometers for my friends across the pond! :P )

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its a really good game. i'm in the middle of ch.4 rite now. all the gripes isnt a problem 2 me. my gripe is the loot/item drops and no gil per fight.

also i hate how ff series is offically away from random battles. i'm prolly in the minority but it makes leveling up easier than the current system. its a pain to have to leave and re enter locations for the enemies to re pop up to be able to grind levels