duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

I know we all kinda bash on Gamestop now and then, cause it's the fun thing to do, but I recently found out that GS is changing it's sticker policy and placing the stickers only on the plastic covers and no longer on the cover insert.

Why?

Because of the negative feedback received about this policy. Well, that makes me happy now as I've never liked that policy. It also shows that there are Gamestop does listen to it's customers (contrary to what some of you believe).

Anyway, just thought I'd tell everyone the good news.

Paully3433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 Paully3433
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

I know we all kinda bash on Gamestop now and then, cause it's the fun thing to do, but I recently found out that GS is changing it's sticker policy and placing the stickers only on the plastic covers and no longer on the cover insert.

Why?

Because of the negative feedback received about this policy. Well, that makes me happy now as I've never liked that policy. It also shows that there are Gamestop does listen to it's customers (contrary to what some of you believe).

jollyroger78

That's definitely cool, although the one I go to on occasion has never placed them directly on the inserts...they left them on their backing and just slid them under the plastic.

Same here, but GS still sucks :o

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.
Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
Excellent.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts
I do buy from them on occasion, but they don't listen! After years of complaints!?!?!? They finally thought gee, we are losing out on a ton of money.... that is it! They don't care about the conditions of the game holders, just the game itself. I have asked several I have been to. That is why a game with a generic case costs the exact same ammount as a game with a mint original case! I agree it is a step in the right direction though! The one closest to me recently started sliding the sticker with the backing still in tact under the plastic as well.... but beware, they tried to trick me... check to make sure there isn't another sticker already on the paper underneath the new one! I almost bought 3 or 4 games before I caught that. 8) sly.... sly indeed..... just not sly enough!!!! :lol:
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it happening.... saw stickers placed on the inside today :P
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 duncanr2n

Well when I bought a couple of games there today, the manager was just telling the guys in the store about it so I don't think you'll see an immediate change. And I doubt they'll go through their current inventory and change everything, just the new stuff that they get in.

Oh I agree, that there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' but at least this is a start. Perhaps if people were more vocal about it they would change their policies. That's what I did when they first changed how they do stickers, I immediately fired and email off to them. Maybe if we all did the same about their 'new' game policy they would change that.

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Yagami-Iori

Well when I bought a couple of games there today, the manager was just telling the guys in the store about it so I don't think you'll see an immediate change. And I doubt they'll go through their current inventory and change everything, just the new stuff that they get in.

Oh I agree, that there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' but at least this is a start. Perhaps if people were more vocal about it they would change their policies. That's what I did when they first changed how they do stickers, I immediately fired and email off to them. Maybe if we all did the same about their 'new' game policy they would change that.

duncanr2n

No, I meant like saw a guy actually put some on a game.... but if it's new, it'll take a while to go through, I realize.... just I don't trust GS

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' duncanr2n

Yeah, that one kills me. It's like they don't think it counts just because they opened it. Grrr...

Anyway, I've been very lucky; all of the GameStops in Tallahassee keep the sticker on the backing and slide that under the plastic (as previously mentioned). I did see a sticker on the insert the other day though (as well as a three-sticker hat trick) but I'd wager that those came from stores outside Tally.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#10 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

Why?

duncanr2n

the reason they HAD to listen was because of sales drops... they've lost literally THOUSANDS of sales... they love money too much... they changed for money, not for people. now if we just stoped shoping there altogeather...

also, I'd like to see the official statement about this. otherwise, I'll just think it's a store-by-store decision.

Same here, but GS still sucks :o

Paully3433

yup.

I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.LordAndrew

I don't believe that for a moment.

I do buy from them on occasion, but they don't listen! After years of complaints!?!?!? They finally thought gee, we are losing out on a ton of money.... that is it! They don't care about the conditions of the game holders, just the game itself. I have asked several I have been to. That is why a game with a generic case costs the exact same ammount as a game with a mint original case! I agree it is a step in the right direction though! The one closest to me recently started sliding the sticker with the backing still in tact under the plastic as well.... but beware, they tried to trick me... check to make sure there isn't another sticker already on the paper underneath the new one! I almost bought 3 or 4 games before I caught that. 8) sly.... sly indeed..... just not sly enough!!!! :lol:WitIsWisdom

lol exactly.

I'll believe it when I see it happening.... saw stickers placed on the inside today :PYagami-Iori

right. exactly.

duncanr2n

that's just a generic "how are we doing" survey... no one really reads those lol

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

Yagami-Iori

No, I meant like saw a guy actually put some on a game.... but if it's new, it'll take a while to go through, I realize.... just I don't trust GS

and you shouldn't. it's company policy to screw anyone and everyone.

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' inkwolf

Yeah, that one kills me. It's like they don't think it counts just because they opened it. Grrr...

Anyway, I've been very lucky; all of the GameStops in Tallahassee keep the sticker on the backing and slide that under the plastic (as previously mentioned). I did see a sticker on the insert the other day though (as well as a three-sticker hat trick) but I'd wager that those came from stores outside Tally.

it's one thing if it's just been gutted... it's another when it's been 'taken out' by an employee... which is essentially a rental...

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yagami-Iori
[QUOTE="inkwolf"]

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' waflerevolution

it's one thing if it's just been gutted... it's another when it's been 'taken out' by an employee... which is essentially a rental...

That one irks me badly, also. I don't like knowing that their greasy Cheetos-laced fingers have been all inside the manuals & such (there's a couple bad ones in every store)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="inkwolf"]

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' Yagami-Iori

That one irks me badly, also. I don't like knowing that their greasy Cheetos-laced fingers have been all inside the manuals & such (there's a couple bad ones in every store)

if food is the most of your concerns you clearly haven't thought on this too hard... think horny teen...

BigC43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

#13 BigC43
Member since 2004 • 10995 Posts

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' inkwolf

You live in Tallahassee? Cool. I live in St. Petersburg...

Anyways, that policy we have a good reason for: theft. If we kept the game inside the floor copy, there would be a good chance that it would be stolen. That's why we gut them to avoid possable theft. A gutted copy is never played, the disc was simply removed and placed in a sleeve. That's it. It's still new because it has never been played. It's either that or not having a floor copy, which would make the store rather lame looking. So yeah, that polacy has a good reason.

BigC43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

#14 BigC43
Member since 2004 • 10995 Posts
[QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="inkwolf"]

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' waflerevolution

if food is the most of your concerns you clearly haven't thought on this too hard... think horny teen...

First off, most good managers won't allow a game to be sold if it is in that condition, new or used, and second, do you really think most Gamestop employees get any action. Seriously...

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordAndrew

[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.waflerevolution

And why not? Do you think I'm lying for some reason? I have nothing to gain by lying. I don't work for GameStop and I don't have stock in them.

If I ever find a copy with the sticker on the insert, then I won't like it. But I simply have not seen it. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough. I don't know. But I'm not making stuff up and I'm not trying to defend their polices.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LordAndrew
You live in Tallahassee? Cool. I live in St. Petersburg...

Anyways, that policy we have a good reason for: theft. If we kept the game inside the floor copy, there would be a good chance that it would be stolen. That's why we gut them to avoid possable theft. A gutted copy is never played, the disc was simply removed and placed in a sleeve. That's it. It's still new because it has never been played. It's either that or not having a floor copy, which would make the store rather lame looking. So yeah, that polacy has a good reason.BigC43

How about getting display copies that don't have a game in them? When someone buys a gutted copy, you have to open another copy and put it on display. It seems easier to just get the customer a new sealed copy.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="inkwolf"]

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' BigC43

First off, most good managers won't allow a game to be sold if it is in that condition, new or used, and second, do you really think most Gamestop employees get any action. Seriously...

I was thinking more like they were touching themselves... and then fliped through the manula and had their hands on the disc... and also, if you didn't sell it, what were you going to do? defect it? lol no. seriously. grow up. money is all Gamestop cares about... I WAS a gamestop manager... I had to cut out my heart and soul to do it and as much as I hated screwing people over... it's corperate policy and I needed the job.

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="LordAndrew"]I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.LordAndrew

And why not? Do you think I'm lying for some reason? I have nothing to gain by lying. I don't work for GameStop and I don't have stock in them.

If I ever find a copy with the sticker on the insert, then I won't like it. But I simply have not seen it. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough. I don't know. But I'm not making stuff up and I'm not trying to defend their polices.

I don't believe it because it's not possible.

[QUOTE="BigC43"]You live in Tallahassee? Cool. I live in St. Petersburg...

Anyways, that policy we have a good reason for: theft. If we kept the game inside the floor copy, there would be a good chance that it would be stolen. That's why we gut them to avoid possable theft. A gutted copy is never played, the disc was simply removed and placed in a sleeve. That's it. It's still new because it has never been played. It's either that or not having a floor copy, which would make the store rather lame looking. So yeah, that polacy has a good reason.LordAndrew

How about getting display copies that don't have a game in them? When someone buys a gutted copy, you have to open another copy and put it on display. It seems easier to just get the customer a new sealed copy.

the gutted one is generally the last one to sell... they should be giving you any unopened ones they have... if none left, then the gutted.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 duncanr2n

Wafle, there are stores that don't put the stickers under the plastic. There's one or two around me that don't.

Also, to say that GameStop is evil because they are out to make money is quite simply naive. GameStop is a corporation and they are out to make money, period. However, the point of my post is that GameStop will listen if the gamers send a message. That's all. The policy of stickers under plastic has been changed (at least in my area) due to the customers voicing their displeasure with the practice. If there are other policies at GameStop that YOU (meaning both you as the individual gamer and you as the the collective gamer community) want changed then the only way to change it is by voicing your opinion by either directly contacting them (which I have done) or by taking your business elsewhere. For example, I never buy an opened copy of a game as new. And the staff at my local GS know it and never try to push one on me. If everyone started doing that, then GS would have to assess the policy.

And BigC43, I think we all understand the reason behind gutting the games, but after a game is sitting on the shelf, 'new' for a bit, the case gets beat up, the manual has been thumbed through and creased, and yet the game will still retains the 'new' price. I've yet to run into a store were the manager has the authority to discount a new game that is in bad shape.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="BigC43"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="inkwolf"]

I was thinking more like they were touching themselves... and then fliped through the manula and had their hands on the disc... and also, if you didn't sell it, what were you going to do? defect it? lol no. seriously. grow up. money is all Gamestop cares about... I WAS a gamestop manager... I had to cut out my heart and soul to do it and as much as I hated screwing people over... it's corperate policy and I needed the job.

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="LordAndrew"]I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.LordAndrew

Anyways, that policy we have a good reason for: theft. If we kept the game inside the floor copy, there would be a good chance that it would be stolen. That's why we gut them to avoid possable theft. A gutted copy is never played, the disc was simply removed and placed in a sleeve. That's it. It's still new because it has never been played. It's either that or not having a floor copy, which would make the store rather lame looking. So yeah, that polacy has a good reason.LordAndrew

the gutted one is generally the last one to sell... they should be giving you any unopened ones they have... if none left, then the gutted.

I've never seen a price sticker on the cover insert either, its always on the plastic cover. As for gutted copies its a fradulent policy. The only reasons GS/EB hasn't gotten in trouble over it yet is because the BBB is incompetent and no one is going to bother to sue over a $5-10 difference in price. That said they are still in the wrong legally speaking. And its not like the gutted copies are pristine like you're trying to claim either. Every time I've gotten a gutted game from those stores the disc is filled with scratches and smudges. And its not like this is a localized incident either. I've gotten "new" games from multiple EB/GSs from all over the country and its the same damn experience every time.

Like LordAndrew already said why not just use display cases instead of gutted cases? Or at the very least mark down a gutted copy from the new price to the used price.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
[QUOTE="LordAndrew"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="LordAndrew"]I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.waflerevolution

Well, then the impossible is wipespread. The 3 Gamestops in my town put the front and back stickers on the plastic insert, and the spine sticker is left on the wax paper and slipped under the plastic. I can't recall seeing more than a handful of Gamestop games on my last few mulitple-state Christmastime buying trips that have had the sticker directly on paper.

I've seen more games in that condition from Blockbuster than from Gamestop, actually.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 waflerevolution

Wafle, there are stores that don't put the stickers under the plastic. There's one or two around me that don't.

Also, to say that GameStop is evil because they are out to make money is quite simply naive. GameStop is a corporation and they are out to make money, period. However, the point of my post is that GameStop will listen if the gamers send a message. That's all. The policy of stickers under plastic has been changed (at least in my area) due to the customers voicing their displeasure with the practice. If there are other policies at GameStop that YOU (meaning both you as the individual gamer and you as the the collective gamer community) want changed then the only way to change it is by voicing your opinion by either directly contacting them (which I have done) or by taking your business elsewhere. For example, I never buy an opened copy of a game as new. And the staff at my local GS know it and never try to push one on me. If everyone started doing that, then GS would have to assess the policy.

And BigC43, I think we all understand the reason behind gutting the games, but after a game is sitting on the shelf, 'new' for a bit, the case gets beat up, the manual has been thumbed through and creased, and yet the game will still retains the 'new' price. I've yet to run into a store were the manager has the authority to discount a new game that is in bad shape.

duncanr2n

yes, I know it happens, there are a few that luck out here and there... I knew this one store where the manager called out all the time... and never did DBCs or price changes... or anything really... but she was sleeping with the DM... so I guess my point is moot...

displeasure... and it still took them a long time to realize it.... over a year... and I can't vouch for ones in my area... I'll let the 2 CCU guys in MA do that for me... but I filled out several hundread of those surveys... how many have you done?

if the fact that selling used games as new is illeagal doesn't stop them, peoples opinions won't.

all corperations want money, some are just nicer to their customers and employees...

as for discounts; they used to have a 10% off opened/shopworn discount, I used to give it to all gutted copies. but it was removed from the system some time ago.

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="BigC43"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="inkwolf"]

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' gameguy6700

I've never seen a price sticker on the cover insert either, its always on the plastic cover. As for gutted copies its a fradulent policy. The only reasons GS/EB hasn't gotten in trouble over it yet is because the BBB is incompetent and no one is going to bother to sue over a $5-10 difference in price. That said they are still in the wrong legally speaking. And its not like the gutted copies are pristine like you're trying to claim either. Every time I've gotten a gutted game from those stores the disc is filled with scratches and smudges. And its not like this is a localized incident either. I've gotten "new" games from multiple EB/GSs from all over the country and its the same damn experience every time.

Like LordAndrew already said why not just use display cases instead of gutted cases? Or at the very least mark down a gutted copy from the new price to the used price.

I tried to do that a lot at my store but it didn't work well...

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="LordAndrew"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="LordAndrew"]I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.gmsnpr

Well, then the impossible is wipespread. The 3 Gamestops in my town put the front and back stickers on the plastic insert, and the spine sticker is left on the wax paper and slipped under the plastic. I can't recall seeing more than a handful of Gamestop games on my last few mulitple-state Christmastime buying trips that have had the sticker directly on paper.

I've seen more games in that condition from Blockbuster than from Gamestop, actually.

XD "the impossible is spreading" ~ best thing I've ever read.

I'll admit it happens but unless he only shops at one GS, I don't think that's the case... and distros from other stores... lowers the possiblity.

back when my blockbuster sold games, they almost never even put stickers at all... they used plastic cases and put the sticker on those...

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Yagami-Iori
[QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="inkwolf"]

THis is why I bought DOA: XBV new sealed :P

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="inkwolf"]

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"] there are still policies that need to change, such as the gutting of a game and then selling it 'new' Yagami-Iori

THis is why I bought DOA: XBV new sealed :P

my point exactly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 203762174820177760555343052357

I miss gamestop terribly now I live in a PAL country. I've instinctively walked, nay, jostled my way into game stores here but as soon as I realize that none of them will play on my systems (which are still on the Pacific somewhere) it just feels weird.

I want to binge buy from a retail store so bad, but it's all online for me these days (and even then it is on dial-up) :cry:

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waflerevolution

I miss gamestop terribly now I live in a PAL country. I've instinctively walked, nay, jostled my way into game stores here but as soon as I realize that none of them will play on my systems (which are still on the Pacific somewhere) it just feels weird.

I want to binge buy from a retail store so bad, but it's all online for me these days (and even then it is on dial-up) :cry:

aspro73

*hugs* there there little one... things will get better...

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#27 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Why?

duncanr2n
Yeah, i've noticed it too. Companies will listen, it just sometimes it takes a while before they actually hear you xD
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waflerevolution

You could always get the GB/GBC/GBA/DS games :P

Or PSP I guess.

-_-Nintendo-_-

very very good point.

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
In the UK it depends on the shop you go to. Game, usually has display boxes and when you buy a game you get a sealed version, but in Gamestation we get a gutted copy, which basically has the box from a new game. Funny really as Game owns Gamestation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 203762174820177760555343052357
E
[QUOTE="-_-Nintendo-_-"]

Or PSP I guess.

waflerevolution

very very good point.

They cost and arm and a leg here. Importing from the US is fine, I just pay (on average) $12 per game for extra shipping. I'm not really complaining, it's just more difficult than walking into a store, brwosing and leaving with 10-15 titles.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 waflerevolution
E[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="-_-Nintendo-_-"]

Or PSP I guess.

aspro73

very very good point.

They cost and arm and a leg here. Importing from the US is fine, I just pay (on average) $12 per game for extra shipping. I'm not really complaining, it's just more difficult than walking into a store, brwosing and leaving with 10-15 titles.

10 titles you barely have time to play any of...

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts

I know we all kinda bash on Gamestop now and then, cause it's the fun thing to do, but I recently found out that GS is changing it's sticker policy and placing the stickers only on the plastic covers and no longer on the cover insert.duncanr2n

i am confused by this..
my EB places the stickers on the plastic cover on the front and back of the game.
so what are you saying? do they place the stickers on the insert or something where you live?

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 duncanr2n
[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

I know we all kinda bash on Gamestop now and then, cause it's the fun thing to do, but I recently found out that GS is changing it's sticker policy and placing the stickers only on the plastic covers and no longer on the cover insert.summer_star17x

i am confused by this..
my EB places the stickers on the plastic cover on the front and back of the game.
so what are you saying? do they place the stickers on the insert or something where you live?

Yeah, about a year ago they started doing this, it's a pain because the stickers are harder to get off of the paper, and in some cases will cause a discoloration of the paper insert.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 203762174820177760555343052357
[QUOTE="aspro73"]E[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="-_-Nintendo-_-"]

Or PSP I guess.

waflerevolution

very very good point.

HA! Yeah. But hey, I've beaten 9 games so far this year, so I'm doing better than usual.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="aspro73"]E[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="-_-Nintendo-_-"]

Or PSP I guess.

aspro73

very very good point.

HA! Yeah. But hey, I've beaten 9 games so far this year, so I'm doing better than usual.

that is pretty impressive... playing RPGs I hope... best time killers available.

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts
I noticed that they stopped doing that recently. Now how am I going to preserve my games without a finely crafted cocoon of price stickers to seal it away from all that might harm it? At least I still have their employees to tell me that every game that I buy sucks.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 waflerevolution

I noticed that they stopped doing that recently. Now how am I going to preserve my games without a finely crafted cocoon of price stickers to seal it away from all that might harm it? At least I still have their employees to tell me that every game that I buy sucks. pikadeth

you should tell their DM that they do that, they'll all get fired... they are supposed to tell you all the games are awesome and get you to buy many.

Avatar image for brandyinindiana
brandyinindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#38 brandyinindiana
Member since 2005 • 2656 Posts

I've never actually seen them place stickers on the cover insert, thankfully.LordAndrew

I'm with you - they were always on the plastic here. Again, thankfully.

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

[QUOTE="pikadeth"]I noticed that they stopped doing that recently. Now how am I going to preserve my games without a finely crafted cocoon of price stickers to seal it away from all that might harm it? At least I still have their employees to tell me that every game that I buy sucks. waflerevolution

you should tell their DM that they do that, they'll all get fired... they are supposed to tell you all the games are awesome and get you to buy many.

Really? Every store in my area is more than happy to try to talk me out of games that they see as bad.

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#40 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Interesting,

Although I will admit that none of the EB's around me, nor any of the EBgames or Gamestops I have been to in my travels to the States have had the stickers placed right onto the paper insert.

Its good to know that they won't be doing it at all now,