killeer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killeer2007
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts
So did any of you ever call those hot-lines printed in the manuals for hints and tips to a game? I'm only asking this because I was flipping through the manuals of one of my PS1 games and saw the page that had the info for the hint and tip line and I was like, I remember these, I wonder if anyone ever used them.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
I wonder how many of them are still active.
Avatar image for brandyinindiana
brandyinindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#3 brandyinindiana
Member since 2005 • 2656 Posts
I've taken note of them being mentioned in several of my game manuals, but never actually called one. I figured it I was that stuck in a game, I'd always find help for free on the internet...
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts
Not recently, but I was a regular caller to the Nintendo line back in the day. Picture this...a 10 year old kid raising blisters on his fingers because his father who, in every other way imaginable was up to date technology wise, REFUSED TO BUY A *%^&#(*& TOUCH-TONE PHONE!!!
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

Always saw them, but never called them

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts
Only time I can recall calling the hot line was way back when I was playing Breath of Fire 2 (SNES) for the first time! I can't really remember what it was I asked... I think it was something about finding a guy to get a key to unlock a prison cell while you are in the golden city.... think they said you had to go back a town and talk to a guy standing between two buildings... hmmm, good question! I hadn't thought about that for years!!! :P
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
I sometimes used to call 1-800 USA SEGA when it was the tip line. When the tip line was moved to a pay number I called a lot less. I got a couple of hint sheets mailed to me, for things like Y's and Phantasy Star. That was 20 years ago, though. I'm old...
Mathurin47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mathurin47
Member since 2005 • 1425 Posts
I remember calling Nintendo every now and then back in the early 90s. And a friend had me call Sega a few times for some Phantasy Star help. I had to be really desperate before I'd pick up the phone.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#9 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Oh Yeah,

Breath of Fire (The original for SNES)

Finding all the stuff I needed for the amnesia cure for Nina just seemed to take days, and I couldn't find the root so I broke down and called, I think that was the only time.