WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

I started this thread, because I think it is cool to get to spots in games that are "secret" or "glitches" (spots you are not supposed to be. like outside the map, under the map, or in a spot you aren't supposed to get in), and Easter Eggs which are sometimes small but awesome little things that game producers put in a game that most people don't even know that exist!

Do you know and of these, and in which games?

We probably all know the Super Mario Brothers 3 secrets where you find the whistles, but are there any glitches or easter eggs in that era?

Games like the SOCOM series has many glitches that people exploit to cheat in the game (*Which makes me really mad*).

I don't like cheaters at all unless it is an offline game that you are just having fun in... Games like the Grand Theft Auto cheats are fun to use. Like unlocking all the weapons and just going on a killing spree to see how long you can stay alive, but I completely hate when someone plays on online game and takes advantage of codes, cheats, and glitches.

Anyways though, do you know any crazy spots or easter eggs in any games? Post them here if you do. I think it would be interesting for a few members to give them a try!

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

At the start of Stranglehold there is a movie theatre you can find (it is kind of hidden) that was running trailers of upcoming Midway games:

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Probably well known, but there is a swing on GTA 4, that if you ram a car into you will be flung hundreds of feet in the air, quite fun to do with a few people to see who goes the furthest. Edit: There is that game that you can watch a full movie in, just remembered due to the post above.
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts

Kind of a fun glitch for Fallout 3 (done it a few times in the past week)

Get a Yao Guai far outside your range and start firing at it, leaving just one bar left (so you know you can kill it regardless) and let it charge you. When it's just about to jump, fire. If you time it right, the Guai will have just been into it's jump, dead body lightness takes over and the bear will fly into the horizon. What's really fun is getting it in VATS, so you see it flying away in slo mo and then face it, seeing it continue on it's journey.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#5 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

one of the Zelda games had a hidden room with a mention of a nintendo power contest winner... there were SEVERAL 2600 games that had them.... because the akers wanted credit. so they stuck their names in secret places.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waflerevolution
there's a scene in Sonic on the dreamcast where you see a sign that says "Sega DC is better than s**y PS2" or something like that... been years since I last saw it...
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WitIsWisdom

I didn't know any of those 3! It is always cool to hear or see something in a gane that only a select few know about!!! If you think you may be the only one that knows, you can always let the others in the CCU know! We are a cool bunch :P

Keep them coming guy. I always thought that these kind of things were awesome!

I bet a "bet you didn't know/ how to" book of this sort would sell pretty well! Not to mention spark a huge following and start a new trend in gaming!

I always thought that the perfect game (IMO )would be completely FULL of hidden places, glitches, and easter eggs meant for exploration with a cash reward for the person that could find the most within a set time frame (whether it be a month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.) Not only would the game sell like CRAZY with the promise of a reward, but it would bring on a much more innovative age of gaming! 8) Bring back the secret areas!!!! WOOHOOO

Wit out

usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts
I have a few Castlevania secret point bonuses to show. Perhaps some of you didn't know about these. Right at the beginning of the game, if you jump over the entrance way gap so it doesn't suck you in, you'll uncover a 1,000 pt. money bag. You will need to successfully jump the entrance way again to get back to it.   In this section of Stage 1 you can collect another 1,000 pt. money bag by whipping the missing block in the picture and then kneeling down on the right block of the lower platform.  Right at the beginning of Stage 2 you can score yourself 2,000 pts. from a secret crown. Whip the two blocks in the wall and step into the newly formed empty space and it will appear. Descend the stairs quickly to obtain it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 203762174820177760555343052357
^Nice. I did not know about any of them.
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts

one of the Zelda games had a hidden room with a mention of a nintendo power contest winner...waflerevolution

I think that was A Link to the Past, the SNES one.

there's a scene in Sonic on the dreamcast where you see a sign that says "Sega DC is better than s**y PS2" or something like that... been years since I last saw it...waflerevolution

That's cool. Do you know if that was preserved in the GameCube port?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] one of the Zelda games had a hidden room with a mention of a nintendo power contest winner...venus577

I think that was A Link to the Past, the SNES one.

I do believe that's right.

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]there's a scene in Sonic on the dreamcast where you see a sign that says "Sega DC is better than s**y PS2" or something like that... been years since I last saw it...venus577

That's cool. Do you know if that was preserved in the GameCube port?

it was removed. it wasn't in the reissue either. sony demanded it removed.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WitIsWisdom

Good stuff everybody... I had completely forgotten about those Castlevania secrets! I think I will do some retro gaming and take some pics of some secrets I know tonight!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WitIsWisdom
Just a quick question, is there any way to embed videos within a post (within a thread)? Or can you only add videos to your profile page?
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 usagi704
Good stuff everybody... I had completely forgotten about those Castlevania secrets! I think I will do some retro gaming and take some pics of some secrets I know tonight!WitIsWisdom
Thanks! Great idea for a thread, Wit! One game I may show is some Star Soldier because in order to even score well you have to know all about the secret point bonuses.
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 usagi704
Just a quick question, is there any way to embed videos within a post (within a thread)? Or can you only add videos to your profile page?WitIsWisdom
Nope, there is no way to do so on Gamespot. That is why when I do a video for my blog, I embed it on my Giant Bomb profile and link to it when I post about it here on my GS blog.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WitIsWisdom

Ok, here are a couple from the original Super Mario Brothers for the (NES)!

All pics were taken by myself (please ask me if you would like to use any I am going to be posting A LOT more soon)... Sorry about the quality, it is a great camera, but since I don't have any screen capture equipment, it makes it tough to get a good picture!

I'm sure just about everybody knows about this one...

Hidden 1UP

LOL.... Tricky huh?

Ok, now on to the serious trick!!!

This is a glitch, and was supposed to be taken out by the producers, but for some reason they were too lazy... :lol:

The first part of the glitch starts on level 1-2 at the very end right before you go in the tunnel! Instead of entering the tunnel, jump on top!

on top of tunnel

Next, jump and break the second block to the left at the top of the tunnel pipe above mario.

break the magical block

Ok, this is where it gets a little bit tricky... From here, you have to crouch down facing towards the left and jump backwards to the top right behind you! ***NOTE*** This can be difficult! Do not break the first block or the glitch will not work!*** You must crouch facing away and jump up and back! If done correctly you will start to slide through the wall! Which looks like this.

wall glitch

It takes you to what looks like the worlds 3, 4, and 5 warp tunnels, as if you jumped on top and ran across, but it isn't!!!

glitch tunnels

Jump in the far right tunnel.... And... ... it takes you to... level -1!!! The minus level! Who said there aren't any minus levels in the first mario brothers? I laugh! :P

level -1

Pretty cool huh?

Well, it is at first untill you realize that you can beat the level 100 times, but you will always just restart the Minus Level all over again! Eventually you will run out of lives, and or patience and level -1 will become Marios watery death!

Game Over (Watery Death)  :(

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!!! LOL

I will keep them coming for everybody! Keep yours coming as well, regardless of pictures or not!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Ah, minus world. Good times.
hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2994 Posts
A little too big on the pics, Wit. Resize them first. About a width of 450px is good.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WitIsWisdom
Yeah, I don't know what happened, I resized the pictures three times, and every time I resubmitted the post they grew in size.... I have had this problem with posting pics on this site for some reason. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 usagi704
Yeah, I don't know what happened, I resized the pictures three times, and every time I resubmitted the post they grew in size.... I have had this problem with posting pics on this site for some reason. Maybe I am doing something wrong?WitIsWisdom
I think you may be thinking that the 63% downsized versions you see on Photobucket are the full size when they are actually 1024x768 at their full size, which is exactly as they are shown on this board. You can use the 'edit' link next to each pic you want to resize and do it on the site.
Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Mamba219
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
Probably my favorite little easter egg is this scene. You could see it if you watched the credits in the game, which were totally optional. As such, not many people know about it, but it's hilarious.
inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

Probably my favorite little easter egg is this scene. You could see it if you watched the credits in the game, which were totally optional. As such, not many people know about it, but it's hilarious.Mamba219

Oh yeah, the Summoner! I totally forgot about that one. Great easter egg! That was one of my first PS2 games.

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 inkwolf

Here's a few I remember:

USEFULL GLITCH: Mega Man (NES) - Pause the game when the Elec-beam hits an enemy to do compound damage. I think the damage from the beam is calculated every time you come back from the paused state. This makes the cyclops monster at Wily's castle a breeze; just fire once and *pause* *pause* *pause* *pause* .... dead. Also works great for whichever Robot Master is weak to the Elec-beam... I think it was Cutsman.

USEFULL GLITCH: Blaster Master (NES) - Much like the Mega Man Elec-beam trick, you can throw a grenade at a boss, pause during the explosion and the damage is continuously applied while the game is paused. This is super-powerfull; just throw one grenade, pause the game, wait five minutes, unpause and the boss is dead.

EASTER EGG: Star Wars Dark Forces - Somewhere in the game, inside an imperial base, are the words, "Ewoks suck" scratched onto an out-of-the-way wall.

EASTER EGG: Dark Forces II Jedi Knight - One of the levels has a hidden Max character (From Sam & Max). You have to get through a door in a certain amount of time before it locks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 203762174820177760555343052357

Here's a few I remember:

USEFULL GLITCH: Blaster Master (NES) - Much like the Mega Man Elec-beam trick, you can throw a grenade at a boss, pause during the explosion and the damage is continuously applied while the game is paused. This is super-powerfull; just throw one grenade, pause the game, wait five minutes, unpause and the boss is dead.

inkwolf

Excellent, I'll be putting that one to use. 

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 inkwolf

I wish you good luck in all sincerity! That's one the NES games I could never beat despite many many repeated attempts. I could always get to like the last level, but just couldn't get all the way. Same thing with the first TMNT NES game (stupid randomized Technodrome map) and all of the NES Ninja Gaiden games (stupid P.I.T.A. Jaquio). Someday I will go back and finish those up though, and I will scream for bloody victory when I do.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WitIsWisdom
That's what I did tonight when I finally beat Lolo (NES)... LOL VICTORY!!!!
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 usagi704

I wish you good luck in all sincerity! That's one the NES games I could never beat despite many many repeated attempts. I could always get to like the last level, but just couldn't get all the way. Same thing with the first TMNT NES game (stupid randomized Technodrome map) and all of the NES Ninja Gaiden games (stupid P.I.T.A. Jaquio). Someday I will go back and finish those up though, and I will scream for bloody victory when I do.

inkwolf
That is how I have been with the NG NES games too. I did recently finally finish Castlevania for NES for the first time and now it is easy for me to beat!
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Here's a recent one:

You can shoot sewer rats in RE5 for a little bit of money, in addtion to the target practice.

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 inkwolf

I did recently finally finish Castlevania for NES for the first time and now it is easy for me to beat!usagi704

Grats on Castlevania! Luckily I was able to beat all three of those back in the day without too much trouble.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fe6554d1050
deactivated-60fe6554d1050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 deactivated-60fe6554d1050
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts
Left 4 Dead: In the first level of No Mercy, before you leave the roof safe zone, there's two paint cans on the table from Half-Life 2, complete with the FLAVA logo on them.