Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts

Hello everyone,

As you may know, Aspro73 has been VERY busy as of late, putting up his new house and just things in general taking up time. Due to this, I have offered to take over the Collection Leaderboard update duties, as I think everyone here loves seeing this each month and it just adds another level of fun to something we'd do anyways... buy more games!

I'd like to take a moment to thank Aspro for his time & effort dedicated to this project. Everyones here (myself included) has really enjoyed seeing these updates. And I can speak from just taking the time of putting this together right now, that this definately takes some time and it is much apprciated.

Now, as I said above, I am currently working on putting together February right now. I'm keeping things the same for the current month, but there are a couple of things that I need. I know that a few users are on list outside Gamespot, so I am just going to be going back into post to find those links and things should be all set.

I would, though, in the future like to add a few things. The biggest item on my list is to tackle the lack of a downloaded, tangible, and total games list combined. I have a way to do this, but it will take some time to set up, so I won't be able to do that until March. Ifanyone does have their list more updated outside of Gamespot, I'll need them to have the names of their games PLUS the system they are from. I'm going to be using Excel to do a CONCATENATE and SUMIF function to distinquish the types, so it's all going to be formula based. If I don't have both of those, I can't breakout things, so while you'll still be on the total list, I won't be able to include anyone without that set up on the breakout currently (to go through each & every game would take WAY too long).

Also, I'd like to open things up for suggestions on the listing. I'll take any ideas and would see how they could be implimented & if it's doable in a reasonable amount of time.  So if you have anythign you'd like to see, let me know.

castlevaniap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 castlevaniap
Member since 2007 • 683 Posts
Yagami, glad to know you'll be running an already awesome Piece Of History on GS. I too would like to Thank Aspro and everyone that is involved for this project!! A Special Shoutout for Everyone. I will be glad to see what the Future of The Collection Board and how it will evolve :)
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

I have a suggestion for the presentation of the graph.  Since the threshold for inclusion is 500 games, how about we only chart 500 and up. like this:

In other words, just change the x-axis scale.

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
^

That's a good idea. 

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yagami-Iori

I'll do the normal method and the graduated method above next month and see what people prefer.

If there are anymore ideas let me know. I have to start working on that Download/Tangible breakout, too

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
Can't wait to see the results for March. castlevaniap is over 1200 games now! :shock:
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yagami-Iori
Hey guys, I'll have things up tomorrow, I work in finance so any quarter we report, I'm swamped.
castlevaniap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 castlevaniap
Member since 2007 • 683 Posts
no wonder my account has no $$ :P
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
I need to get on adding all the games I own on here. I know I have over 500.