Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

Cards, no I'm not talking about the birthday vareity (But I'm sure some people out there will be collecting Birthday cards) I'm talking about the playing types. The three most popular are Pokemon, Yugioh and in Amercia I belive baseball cards, these are the ones people collect the most (Correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway I was just wondering if anybody else collects them.

I was thinking of starting up a collection of Pokemon and Yugioh cards, not really for playing agaisnt other people because nobody I know plays the games. I dont even know how to play the Pokemon card game lol. I want to collect them as there not only easy to obtain and relativly cheap and they are easy to store (Ringbinders with card holders).

But I really like Pokemon and Yugioh, I used to play the Yugioh card game as a kid and it may be complicated at first, but I learnt how to play it by also watching the original TV show. It does get really good and requires intelligence and tactics, plus there cool.

Also I don't know if anybody else gets like this aswell but when you buy booster packs it is rather exitiing to see what you've got, hoping for a rare but you end up with a bunch of commons :P. Anyway it is fun.

So anybody else collect them?

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#2 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Yeah,

From my High School and University Days, 

About 50,000 cards for Magic The Gathering Cards, 10k in Star Trek CCG (Gen 1), and then a bunch of other stuff like Xfiles, Middle Earth, Vampire, junk like that. 

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#3 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts
Never a big thing for me, I had a small collection of Magic: The Gathering and Star Trek TNG cards and I used to play against my brother and a few friends, but I never picked it up as a major hobby. Pokemon was huge while I was at grammar school (it became the 'thing' just after Pogs, Yo-yos and Tamagotchi, I believe) and the constant lunchtime fights over a friggin' shiny card got old real quick, so I gave that one a wide berth...
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#4 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

*sigh*

listing...

Baseball
Marvel Comics (X-Men, X-Force, Marvel, Spider-man, ect.)
G.I.Joe
Some dinosaur thing (very violent and graphic, I forgot the name though)
Magic the Gathering
Star Trek CCG
WCW
Pokemon CCG
Yu-Gi-Oh!

Cass - Tamogatchi's were the inspiration for pokemon, and proof that Digimon came first. Tamogatci's had a boy version called "Digital monsters" A.K.A. Digimon.

looks like we are all just nice and nerdy ^_^

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts
I also collect baseball cards. I am probably not exagerating when I say I have 1,000,000 or more cards. I collect rookie cards, cards I believe will increase in value, game used cards, autographs, and insert cards mainly, but you have to buy the packs to get these cards, which means 100's of thousands of just junk... lol
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hizang
Wow I didn't think anybody did collect them, good to know there are others :)
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hizang
Ok so today I picked up a Yugioh starter deck and a pokemon charizard tin. The problem is I don't know whether any of it is rare or not having been out the scene for a while lol. Anyway I ordered some folders and those card sleeves from eBay so I'll store them in there. But hopw do you guys organise yous, alphabet, class, type, HP, what?
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cosmostein77

But how do you guys organise yours, alphabet, class, type, HP, what?Hizang

For Magic and Star Trek its generally the same drill. 

For Commons and Uncommons I have those large white cake boxes that hold about 3000-5000 cards and label each one.  

In the case of Magic: Green, White, Red, Blue, Black, Land, Artifacts. 

Then within those I will have a divider to seperate out creatures from enchantments, enchant creatures etc. 

Then for the Rares I just have binders for each color, with the standard nine sheets. 

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

Well, I don't have near as many as WitlsWisdom, but I have a ton of baseball cards that I collected as a kid. And, shockingly, I actually still have them all! They survived my '00 - '01 collections sell-off that included my entire video game collection at the time as well as a massive 'Hot Wheels' collection, 100s of which were still in the bubble packages! (Though I admit I made bank off my Hot Wheels!)

And I never really got into any of those card battling games like Pokemon or the likes. Though this thread did remind me of a funny story from my university days. The Harry Potter books came out and were super popular at the time I was attending the University of Kansas (Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk Baby!!). And of course, I was a dork who loved the books and would read them right on campus and in public embarrassing my friend, Rocky. He would, jokingly, berate me everytime I pulled out a copy and start reading.

Anyway, I was walking through a Hastings store one day and saw that they had come out with cards, like Pokemon, for Harry Potter! I thought it would be funny to buy a few packs and take them back to the apartment to hassle Rocky. You know what! We actually got hooked on those stupid cards for about two weeks...playing with those few packs I had bought nearly every night!! I still can't believe we did that, lol! And though I'm not sure whatever happened to those packs of Harry Potter cards I had...Rocky never made fun of me again for reading the books! :P

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waflerevolution

Well, I don't have near as many as WitlsWisdom, but I have a ton of baseball cards that I collected as a kid. And, shockingly, I actually still have them all! They survived my '00 - '01 collections sell-off that included my entire video game collection at the time as well as a massive 'Hot Wheels' collection, 100s of which were still in the bubble packages! (Though I admit I made bank off my Hot Wheels!)

And I never really got into any of those card battling games like Pokemon or the likes. Though this thread did remind me of a funny story from my university days. The Harry Potter books came out and were super popular at the time I was attending the University of Kansas (Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk Baby!!). And of course, I was a dork who loved the books and would read them right on campus and in public embarrassing my friend, Rocky. He would, jokingly, berate me everytime I pulled out a copy and start reading.

Anyway, I was walking through a Hastings store one day and saw that they had come out with cards, like Pokemon, for Harry Potter! I thought it would be funny to buy a few packs and take them back to the apartment to hassle Rocky. You know what! We actually got hooked on those stupid cards for about two weeks...playing with those few packs I had bought nearly every night!! I still can't believe we did that, lol! And though I'm not sure whatever happened to those packs of Harry Potter cards I had...Rocky never made fun of me again for reading the books! :P

mijahi

Harry Potter WAS the new Pokemon fad over-all anyway.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hizang

Well my card 9 by 9 sleeves came today, just waiting for the two ringbinders.

Aside from Pokemon and Yugioh and Magic the Gathering are there any other cards worth collecting? Any good video games one?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waflerevolution

Well my card 9 by 9 sleeves came today, just waiting for the two ringbinders.

Aside from Pokemon and Yugioh and Magic the Gathering are there any other cards worth collecting? Any good video games one?

Hizang

nintendo power used to come with cards. there was also a great nintendo card pack that was complete with terrible gum, tip cards, stickers and other strange things... I believe Killer Instint  also made a CCG...

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#13 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts

I only really collected pokemon cards, and grew out of them.

Yu-gi-oh was big when I was in the end of elementary up till high school, but it just wasn't for me any more. The cards were always fun to look at, and I almost regret selling them, but like everything else I sell, I'll never use them again, they'll just collect dust and be admired every few years.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hizang
I picked up a starter deck for Pokemon today and two Yugioh Booster packs. I've decided in terms of collecting I'm going to have up to 5 of every card, and when I get 6 or more the extra ones I'll put in a box for trade or somthing
dzms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 dzms
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts
I've been collecting Magic The Gathering Cards for 6-7 years now and I was collecting World Of Warcraft cards until I stopped playing.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hizang

Once I get paid I'm going to buy a third folder and also collect Magic the Gathering cards :)

I also ordered a mix of 50 random cards for both Pokemon and Yugioh for like 2.00 quidd each

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cosmostein77

I've been collecting Magic The Gathering Cards for 6-7 years now and I was collecting World Of Warcraft cards until I stopped playing.dzms

I would argue that Magic is a more expensive habit then smack. 

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#18 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I have cards from the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings card games from Decipher. Great games
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cosmostein77

Got back into Magic the Gathering recently,

I cannot stress how unoriginal and generally useless the new sets are. 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hizang

I have reccently converted from a Christian to a Wiccan recently, so I may choose to pick up some Tarot Cards