someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

Here are some things that I would like brought about by the powers that be. I am not holding my breath that any of them will actually happen, but one can dream:

1. I wish that Microsoft would release a spare-no-expense durable high quality version of the Xbox 360 that is quiet and reliable, built to last with premium components and workmanship to keep on working for years to come. It should have HD and Blu-ray capability as well as the ability to play ALL original Xbox games with upsampling. I would pay $$$ for this.
  2. That Microsot would solve the DRM problem once and for all so that I know that when I purchase a game on XBLA, I have the assurance that it will ALWAYS play, even 30 years down the road and even if there is no longer any such thing as Xbox Live.
  3. I would like to see a difinitve version of the original Halo: Combat Evolved, re-released for the 360 in HD complete with full Xbox Live multi-player and achievements.
  4. I would like to see all Halo 1 and 2 maps available for play in Halo 3 play lists.
  5. I would like to see The Typing of the Dead cleaned up and expanded, released on XBLA.
  6. I would like the GTA IV episodic content sold on disk at retail, and not only on Xbox Live.
  7. I would like to see all the You Don't Know Jack games compiled into one disk for play on current gen systems.
  8. I wish Gamespot and IGN would give XBLA games their own section on the website, separate from Xbox 360.
I could go on but these are a few off the top of my head. List your wishes below.
jhockey9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 jhockey9
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts

Wishes huh. Why not. Let's see here:

1.) I wish Square-Enix would realize that Chrono Cross sold enough units to make it a Greatest Hits title, and make another title in the Chrono universe and stop wasting its efforts on mediocre Mana-series' games. I wish this even if there were a high risk that they ruined what they began with the Chrono titles.

2.) I wish game makers would spend more time and money polishing up their games than using those resources to grease the hype wheels (although I understand from a business perspective why greasing them is important). There aren't many games that live up the hype that they are given.

3.) On a personal note, I wish I had the funds to really add a bunch of new pieces to my collection. Unfortunately my situation dictates me away from that, but I can dream right?

4.) I wish fanboyism wasn't as relevent an issue as it has become over the years. "Flaming" and what not is ridiculous, and people should be happy for what games they have and not worry about what others are enjoying and down them for it.

That's about it for now, I'm sure I'll think of more.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

Here are some things that I would like brought about by the powers that be. I am not holding my breath that any of them will actually happen, but one can dream:

1. I wish that Microsoft would release a spare-no-expense durable high quality version of the Xbox 360 that is quiet and reliable, built to last with premium components and workmanship to keep on working for years to come. It should have HD and Blu-ray capability as well as the ability to play ALL original Xbox games with upsampling. I would pay $$$ for this.
  2. That Microsot would solve the DRM problem once and for all so that I know that when I purchase a game on XBLA, I have the assurance that it will ALWAYS play, even 30 years down the road and even if there is no longer any such thing as Xbox Live.
  3. I would like to see a difinitve version of the original Halo: Combat Evolved, re-released for the 360 in HD complete with full Xbox Live multi-player and achievements.
  4. I would like to see all Halo 1 and 2 maps available for play in Halo 3 play lists.
  5. I would like to see The Typing of the Dead cleaned up and expanded, released on XBLA.
  6. I would like the GTA IV episodic content sold on disk at retail, and not only on Xbox Live.
  7. I would like to see all the You Don't Know Jack games compiled into one disk for play on current gen systems.
  8. I wish Gamespot and IGN would give XBLA games their own section on the website, separate from Xbox 360.

I could go on but these are a few off the top of my head. List your wishes below.someNONSENSE

I so totally agree with 1, 2, 6, and 7

Wishes huh. Why not. Let's see here:

1.) I wish Square-Enix would realize that Chrono Cross sold enough units to make it a Greatest Hits title, and make another title in the Chrono universe and stop wasting its efforts on mediocre Mana-series' games. I wish this even if there were a high risk that they ruined what they began with the Chrono titles.

2.) I wish game makers would spend more time and money polishing up their games than using those resources to grease the hype wheels (although I understand from a business perspective why greasing them is important). There aren't many games that live up the hype that they are given.

3.) On a personal note, I wish I had the funds to really add a bunch of new pieces to my collection. Unfortunately my situation dictates me away from that, but I can dream right?

4.) I wish fanboyism wasn't as relevent an issue as it has become over the years. "Flaming" and what not is ridiculous, and people should be happy for what games they have and not worry about what others are enjoying and down them for it.

That's about it for now, I'm sure I'll think of more.

jhockey9

Agree with 2, 3, and 4

As for me:

1. I wish that developers, MS and Sony would pull their collective heads out of their rears, quit wasting time trying to make an RTS that works with a gamepad, and release console RTS that uses USB mouse and keyboard. I'm hoping that the upcoming Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 will do just that on the PS3 since the PS3 already supports USB mouse/keyboard.

2 I wish that Gamestop would stop covering opening games and selling them as new. I have absolutely no problem with them opening a game and putting the case on the shelf, but you you better sell it to me as an open box item.

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

I could go on but these are a few off the top of my head. List your wishes below.someNONSENSE

On your wish list. #1 will be addressed with the next "360" the 720, or whatever you want to call it. MS may lose $300 per console, but I garantee their next offering will be made of titanium with a nerf skin with inards hand-carved by italian artisans. #2 Ouch! They'd make you use that little controler keyboard. #6 it doesn't relate to you wish, but get your hands on the April edition of Edge, it has an exclusive interview with Sam Houser that turned me into a GTA4 hater into a pre-orderererer.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 someNONSENSE

#2 Ouch! They'd make you use that little controler keyboard. aspro73

Could you clarify this? I couldn't follow you because I don't see how it relates to a #2 on any of the lists.

#6 it doesn't relate to you wish, but get your hands on the April edition of Edge, it has an exclusive interview with Sam Houser that turned me into a GTA4 hater into a pre-orderererer. aspro73

So you were a GTA4 hater, but now after reading that interview you are pre-ordering the game? Wow! That must be some interview. I'll have to find a copy of Edge...

Do you have any gaming related wishes you would like to see happen?

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

Hmm..how about:

#1 I wish idiots with great games would use eBay so I could buy something like a complete Saturn set for $9 :P.
#2 I wish consoles didn't have region lock. What if I want to play Fire Emblem or Symphony of the Night on Saturn?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 203762174820177760555343052357

[QUOTE="aspro73"]#2 Ouch! They'd make you use that little controller keyboard. someNONSENSE

Could you clarify this? I couldn't follow you because I don't see how it relates to a #2 on any of the lists.

Sorry, I meant your #5. As for wishes

1. Games in Australia are too expensive. It has made gaming a non-issue in this culture, which is regrettable.
  2. I wish backward compatibility was required by law.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#8 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]

[QUOTE="aspro73"]#2 Ouch! They'd make you use that little controller keyboard. aspro73

1. Games in Australia are too expensive. It has made gaming a non-issue in this culture, which is regrettable.

#2 would make our job as collectors obsolete.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 duncanr2n
[QUOTE="aspro73"][QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]

[QUOTE="aspro73"]#2 Ouch! They'd make you use that little controller keyboard. waflerevolution

For hardware maybe.
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="aspro73"][QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]

[QUOTE="aspro73"]#2 Ouch! They'd make you use that little controller keyboard. duncanr2n

For hardware maybe.

I don't even want to think what a Nintendo system would look like to accomplish that. Especially if you consider the Virtual Boy a part of the GB/DS line o_0

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I don't even want to think what a Nintendo system would look like to accomplish that. Especially if you consider the Virtual Boy a part of the GB/DS line o_0

Yagami-Iori

It would look awesome and a little bit like the bastard offspring of a spaceship and a toaster made out of child's building blocks and come with a useful carrying handle.

My wishes:

1) That Japanese games were released in Europe at least at the same time as in the US. Especially now that PAL conversion is more or less a non-issue, so it's really only the bonus language thing (as in German, French, Dutch etc.). And if we got a team of crack translators working 24/7 and stood behind them holding hot waffles in a threatening manner we could do it...

Actually, most games don't even have languages other than English in Europe, which is not only a bit mean on everyone else, it just shows the only reason we often have to wait six months is that somebody somewhere is an arse...

2) That sports games would be legal tender somewhere.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waflerevolution
am I a hot waffle?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 203762174820177760555343052357

2) That sports games would be legal tender somewhere.totalgridlock

Ha!

I just thought of another one. All games should have subtitles as an option. I feel bad for the deaf gamer.

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts
  1. Any game developer that insists on adding a water level to their title better make it actually fun or they shall be beaten with a rubber. I'm tired of these levels blemishing otherwise good games.
  2. Stealth levels in non stealth games.... See Rule #1. I'm look at you, The Warriors (XBOX).
  3. Handheld consoles should have deluxe versions that come with larger screens and high quality speakers. Kids aren't the only people that play them any more. It's time to grow up.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 someNONSENSE

Handheld consoles should have deluxe versions that come with larger screens and high quality speakers. Kids aren't the only people that play them any more. It's time to grow up.pikadeth

Hey, I really like that idea. The PSP could have dual analog sticks and 7 inch screen, the DS could have 4 inch screens.. I like it!

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]2) That sports games would be legal tender somewhere.aspro73

Ha!

I just thought of another one. All games should have subtitles as an option. I feel bad for the deaf gamer.

also, sometimes the voice acting is aweful... and I prefer to read my games.

[QUOTE="pikadeth"]Handheld consoles should have deluxe versions that come with larger screens and high quality speakers. Kids aren't the only people that play them any more. It's time to grow up.someNONSENSE

Hey, I really like that idea. The PSP could have dual analog sticks and 7 inch screen, the DS could have 4 inch screens.. I like it!

I'd also prefer bigger portables... those bastards are getting so small I hurt my hands holding them... bring back the brick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 203762174820177760555343052357
[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]

[QUOTE="pikadeth"]Handheld consoles should have deluxe versions that come with larger screens and high quality speakers. Kids aren't the only people that play them any more. It's time to grow up.waflerevolution

I'd also prefer bigger portables... those bastards are getting so small I hurt my hands holding them... bring back the brick.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waflerevolution
also.
Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts
I like the current handhelds in fact. Small = sweet for me because I have to travel a lot for the job :|
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 waflerevolution

I like the current handhelds in fact. Small = sweet for me because I have to travel a lot for the job :|Dzjaansis

smaller only makes things easier to lose while traveling also easier to break.

Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts

[QUOTE="Dzjaansis"]I like the current handhelds in fact. Small = sweet for me because I have to travel a lot for the job :|waflerevolution

Not if you take care of them :|
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

[QUOTE="Dzjaansis"]I like the current handhelds in fact. Small = sweet for me because I have to travel a lot for the job :|Dzjaansis

you've never had any kind of accidents ever? never tripped and fell? nevr dropped anything?

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 totalgridlock
[QUOTE="Dzjaansis"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

[QUOTE="Dzjaansis"]I like the current handhelds in fact. Small = sweet for me because I have to travel a lot for the job :|waflerevolution

you've never had any kind of accidents ever? never tripped and fell? nevr dropped anything?

My original GameBoy survived countless flights of concrete steps until its untimely death by fudged connector many years later. Perfect for kids and the clumsy/drunk amongst us. Drop a DS Lite and you'll be picking up pieces of hinge for ages :P

I like the idea of having two versions: a truly portable, small as anything one that will fit in your pocket yadda yadda, and a big 'un for those that want to play the games but aren't planning to use it on the daily commute. I hardly ever use handhelds outside of my house, to be honest...

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="Dzjaansis"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

[QUOTE="Dzjaansis"]I like the current handhelds in fact. Small = sweet for me because I have to travel a lot for the job :|totalgridlock

My original GameBoy survived countless flights of concrete steps until its untimely death by fudged connector many years later. Perfect for kids and the clumsy/drunk amongst us. Drop a DS Lite and you'll be picking up pieces of hinge for ages :P

I like the idea of having two versions: a truly portable, small as anything one that will fit in your pocket yadda yadda, and a big 'un for those that want to play the games but aren't planning to use it on the daily commute. I hardly ever use handhelds outside of my house, to be honest...

I've never used portables outside my living space... the threat of stealing rigs loudly in my ear... plus, I see no reason... heck, most of the time I use some sort of contraption to play it on the TV anyway...

sanctuary13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 sanctuary13
Member since 2007 • 467 Posts

1: let's just do away with regional encoding altogether. It's outdated technology from 50+ years ago at best. Let's all get on the same wagon, folks.

2: this isnt something that can be enforced, but games that push what it is to be a video 'game' (Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, etc) should always outsell other crap titles (ill leave the definition of a crap title up to you, dont need flames)

3: XBLA needs more strategy titles, i'd love a good tactics rpg or anything on the XBLA, preferably that doesnt involve bugs.

4: more sim games that are good, but not made by wil wright. i'm really sick of the glazed over, shiny happy touch he has on games. i love simcity and the sims, but you have to admit, they have this kind of homogenized plastic quality to them, like youre playing with barbie dolls (no offense to all you guys who play with barbie dolls, i dont want to get flamed). I'd like to see a sim game which either deals with gritier topics, or has a somewhat darker tone, perhaps a simcity esque game set in ancient sparta or rome (i know civilizations has done this, but the gameplay never was up my alley, no offense, dont need flames)

5: some really eally really good titles on the PS3, mainly because i'm kinda feeling guilty for all the horrible things i've said about it, but still have no justification for actually buying one. Still a ways off for God of War 3, and even then thats just one game. and i dont have an hdtv so no reason get a blu-ray player.

6: let's face it: the Wii is kinda crap. it's fun for a while, but really, once you get tired of wiibowling and the PACKAGED titles, what have you got? a good Zelda title, a decent Metroid title, and a good mario title. and i have yet to buy any of them because quite frankly, i dont care anymore about any of those series. theyre played out to me. hell, Halo is played out to me. i do love my god/gears of war, but its a new generation of games, we need a new generation of titles, and heroes, and i dont think nintendo is keeping up in that department. When (and i pray it's not anytime soon) Shigero kicks off this mrotal coil, nintendo might as well file for bankruptcy. but then, he came up with most of this stuff 20 years ago, so w/e... now im just rambling. i guess what im saying is the Wii needs better titles for gamers over the age of 8.

7: this one will raise a few hairs: all pokemon objects and their subsequent clones will be rounded up worldwide, placed in a large pile in the center of Berlin, and lit ablaze. this includes toys, cards, clothes, games, and any other possible representation. (what i want to write in the rest of this post would probably get me banned, but ill just say this: Germany. 1930s. Bloodshed.)

8: PROPER media formats for gaming. the video game media is one of the most unreliable, distorted, and biased media forms possible today. if we want gaming to be recognized as a valid and acceptable pastime worthy of the masses, our first step is representation. there are no gaming magazines which fairly and accurately provide inofrmation on upcoming games. same goes for websites, television shows, and most big named podcasts. its probably due to the exorbitant amount of money being thrown around by big companies, it negates any possibility for a voice of truth to be heard in the maelstrom of hype. I can sum that up with two words: Kane & Lynch.

9: For there to be some easier way to display my games and systems. for christs sake ive got the most mutant living room imaginable!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 203762174820177760555343052357

4: more sim games that are good, but not made by wil wright. i'm really sick of the glazed over, shiny happy touch he has on games. i love simcity and the sims, but you have to admit, they have this kind of homogenized plastic quality to them, like youre playing with barbie dolls (no offense to all you guys who play with barbie dolls, i dont want to get flamed). I'd like to see a sim game which either deals with gritier topics, or has a somewhat darker tone, perhaps a simcity esque game set in ancient sparta or rome (i know civilizations has done this, but the gameplay never was up my alley, no offense, dont need flames)

sanctuary13

Agreed. More Maxis, Less EA.

5: some really eally really good titles on the PS3, mainly because i'm kinda feeling guilty for all the horrible things i've said about it, but still have no justification for actually buying one. Still a ways off for God of War 3, and even then thats just one game. and i dont have an hdtv so no reason get a blu-ray player.sanctuary13

Uncharted is excellent...

6: let's face it: the Wii is kinda crap. i guess what im saying is the Wii needs better titles for gamers over the age of 8.

sanctuary13

I agree to an extent, but the SMG is a very strong title, RE4Wii is unbelievable and there are niche games out there that make the small investment in a Wii worthwhile - like the Trauma Center games. Strategy games with the Wii mote would be brilliant though.

7: this one will raise a few hairs: all pokemon objects and their subsequent clones will be rounded up worldwide, placed in a large pile in the center of Berlin, and lit ablaze.

sanctuary13

Now you are just being provocative. So long as people like Pokemon, of FF7 or Halo 2, let them have their fun.

sanctuary13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sanctuary13

did you just call me "provacative"?

aspro, I'm not that kind of girl!

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts
My wish? To find a copy of World Heroes Anthology (PS2) ... anywhere. Supposedly, according to the press release anyway, the game should have shipped to stores two weeks ago, but I can't find it! I've asked several stores and they can't even find the thing in their computer systems. I guess I'll have to resort to the internet for this one. Has anyone seen a copy in any stores?
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 duncanr2n

sanctuary13

Have you ever played Caesar III, Pharoah, or Zeus? Great Sim games by Impressions. Lords of the Realm was also a really good series. Too bad Impressions is no more.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 waflerevolution

did you just call me "provacative"?

aspro, I'm not that kind of girl!

sanctuary13

you aren't any kind of girl...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 203762174820177760555343052357
[QUOTE="sanctuary13"]

duncanr2n

Have you ever played Caesar III, Pharoah, or Zeus? Great Sim games by Impressions. Lords of the Realm was also a really good series. Too bad Impressions is no more.

I'm going to look those up now. Thanks for the word Dunc.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 totalgridlock

1: let's just do away with regional encoding altogether. It's outdated technology from 50+ years ago at best. Let's all get on the same wagon, folks.

sanctuary13

100% agree. I remember getting unbelievably angry at region coding when DVDs rolled around (when VHS reigned supreme there was nothing like this for films, since 99% of PAL TVs can display a NTSC signal I could get cheap videos from anywhere in the world!). Thankfully I got a region-free DVD player almost right away. Region coding for games is just annoying. I shouldn't have to mess around with the innards of my NES to play US games. I shouldn't have to use a foot-high adaptor on my SNES to play US games. I shouldn't have to void my PS2 warrenty to play US games. A fair number of 360 games have no region lock, but there's no sure way of knowing which until you pop the disc in. I know its all to stop people buying cheaper imports and wrecking the home market, but if that's the case then why are handheld games region free? Idiocy.

7: this one will raise a few hairs: all pokemon objects and their subsequent clones will be rounded up worldwide, placed in a large pile in the center of Berlin, and lit ablaze. this includes toys, cards, clothes, games, and any other possible representation. (what i want to write in the rest of this post would probably get me banned, but ill just say this: Germany. 1930s. Bloodshed.)

sanctuary13

Leave the games which are surprisingly good most of the time even if it is just the same game over and over, but get rid of most of the crap aimed at pre-pubescents. Actually scratch that. Just torch the movies, the rest of it I can live with! :P

9: For there to be some easier way to display my games and systems. for christs sake ive got the most mutant living room imaginable!!!!

sanctuary13

Ikea FTW. Even though their Brøkün and Fliimsë lines of furniture make me Üncømfaertåbil.

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

Ikea FTW. totalgridlock

Billy the bookcase says hello.

hfriscia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 hfriscia
Member since 2004 • 1138 Posts

Here I go,

1. Some old Japanese games come to America, Shining Force III Episodes 2 & 3, for example
  2. A gamers section in Ikea, not games, furniture for gamers, a nice comfortable seat would be nice.
  3. Better trade-in rates at game-stop, 2 bucks for a 10 game is not fair

That's all I can think of for right now

-_-Nintendo-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -_-Nintendo-_-
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
I wouldn't mind it if Australia did not get the pointy end of the pricing deal with games (and well, most things in general)
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Ok, I guess I've got a few...

1. Nintendo would stop putting every other game for the Wii out containing either Mario or Sonic!! I mean some or most are decent games.... but we need a lil originality!

2. Sony would release a few games within the next 20 years!!!! :evil: (maybe exagerating a little bit)

3. Arguements over system wars would cease to exist!!! I mean come on, who cares just play what you like! If you don't have anything good to say about a certain system then don't play it, and keep your mouth shut!

4. New series of games need to be produced like the good ol days!

5. That I owned the most games on this site!

6. I want to hit the lottery!!! :lol:

other than that, it would be nice to get three wishes..... hmm.... I need a leprechaun!!! :P

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Here I go,

1. Some old Japanese games come to America, Shining Force III Episodes 2 & 3, for example
  2. A gamers section in Ikea, not games, furniture for gamers, a nice comfortable seat would be nice.
  3. Better trade-in rates at game-stop, 2 bucks for a 10 game is not fair

That's all I can think of for right now

hfriscia
Amen to #1, and I'm with you on #2, #3 is probably not in the cards, though.
sanctuary13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sanctuary13
i still stand behind my pokemon final solution.