Why are so few games being reviewed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Collaborator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Collaborator
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I've been a Gamespot daily visitor for the better part of a decade, and i've been noticing a disturbing trend the last couple of years. Fewer and fewer games are being reviewed. For a long time, it was a very high percentage, probably close to 75% of retail releases, and pretty much any "High budget" game was reviewed almost instantly. Now, we're lucky if we even see anything posted to reviews on a daily basis, the percentage has dropped to less than 25% of new releases, and in many cases, games are reviewed weeks after release, and the games chosen to be reviewed are HIGHLY questionable. What the hell is going on? The site gets prettier and more convoluted, covered in ads, all kinds of content most people really don't care about, and yet the one thing that is at the HEART of this site even existing in the first place is starting to disappear. I rarely come here nowadays because it's so bad, I can't rely on it anymore.

This needs to change guys, it really does. It's sad.

-Collab

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
It's because a lot of people have been leaving lately. Gamespot is understaffed for what they need so they are falling behind. There really isn't anyone here on these forums that can do anything about it. It's CNet's decision to hire and fire people.
joshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 joshel
Member since 2004 • 3467 Posts

It's because a lot of people have been leaving lately. Gamespot is understaffed for what they need so they are falling behind. There really isn't anyone here on these forums that can do anything about it. It's CNet's decision to hire and fire people.bededog

Yeah pretty much.