What happened to all the people on the forums?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

alot of my fav old school people on system wars are gone

there were nintendo people there were cool ps3 people there were xbox 1 ppl an than u had some pc people

u had game ppl with hype threads and u had system war bets an stuff

everyones gone i made a post in there like nobody responds anymore nobody is even there all the old faces are gone did it just happen recently when did this place fall off the map?

should i go to ign or whtat this place isnt active enuff for me an a lot of my familiar faces i liked are gone an dunno where they went now

also there front page i dont recognize any of these new reviewers they have some european people that i never heard of isnt tihs a USA gaming site why are these people in europe?

also why did u copy the daily fix with some european girl who does something call the daily gist its the same crap its not even original

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

@ProtossX said:

alot of my fav old school people on system wars are gone

there were nintendo people there were cool ps3 people there were xbox 1 ppl an than u had some pc people

u had game ppl with hype threads and u had system war bets an stuff

everyones gone i made a post in there like nobody responds anymore nobody is even there all the old faces are gone did it just happen recently when did this place fall off the map?

should i go to ign or whtat this place isnt active enuff for me an a lot of my familiar faces i liked are gone an dunno where they went now

also there front page i dont recognize any of these new reviewers they have some european people that i never heard of isnt tihs a USA gaming site why are these people in europe?

also why did u copy the daily fix with some european girl who does something call the daily gist its the same crap its not even original

they left back in October of last year when the new design launched.

lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

It's sad to see how barren the forums have become, but gamespot sort of deserves it for implementing such a site breaking redesign on us. The blogging community is dead as well since we can no longer get updates when friends post new blogs. Icheck this site like once every 2 weeks now sine the community had deteriorated so much.

sirrvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sirrvs
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts

Seriously, it's like night and day. The forums are so dead that I thought something might be wrong with my computer. Take the game The Stanley Parable as an example. Among PC games, it's one of the most popular at the moment, yet there isn't a SINGLE POST in its dedicated forum here - at least, none that I can see. It wasn't like this a few months ago. So this is really just a mass exodus because of dissatisfaction with the new design?

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

unfortunately, that is exactly what happened. MANY people didn't like the new design, so they left for other sites.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Gamespot killed a once wonderful, thriving community. This used to be the absolute best site for making friends. Community interaction was easy and fun, and now its nonexistent.

Maxxgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7  Edited By Maxxgold
Member since 2003 • 191 Posts
@ChiefFreeman said:

Gamespot killed a once wonderful, thriving community. This used to be the absolute best site for making friends. Community interaction was easy and fun, and now its nonexistent.

I agree this was a really good gaming site back in the day. Maybe one day they will get it straightened out but I'm not holding my breath. I really enjoy Joystiq.com It's my favorite gaming website now. Clean and simple the way gamespot used to be.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

I just returned after a few year hiatus and also wondering what the heck happened. These forums used to be extremely busy and now It is quite literally a ghost town.

I might try your suggestion of joystiq.com.

Daword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9  Edited By Daword
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

IGN IS BETTER

GAMESPOT JUST SUX

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

Because this website's shit now, everyone knows it.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#11 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

"It was as if a million voices cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced"

It's not like the forums are just not as active as before. I mean it has essentially died.

eggmcmuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 eggmcmuff
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

They wanted System Wars: The Website and they got it.

Zakule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zakule
Member since 2002 • 74 Posts

@lazyhoboguy said:

It's sad to see how barren the forums have become, but gamespot sort of deserves it for implementing such a site breaking redesign on us. The blogging community is dead as well since we can no longer get updates when friends post new blogs. Icheck this site like once every 2 weeks now sine the community had deteriorated so much.

They definitely do deserve it. It's stupidity on an unbelievable scale to think this new site was a good idea. Whoever's responsible for this is essentially useless; I wouldn't trust them to fold laundry correctly.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

This website used to be so good, now it's just barren. Everyone left back in October when the new design came around.

Maybe this is telling you something, Gamespot?

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15  Edited By dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

Forum activity won't necessarily be a telling factor, but a change in advertisement impressions and visitor numbers should be - obviously not something we'll ever find out.

Community activity is but a small part of the site on a whole, but I come to GS a whole lot less than I did before. Even if I was still a mod, I don't think that would make me stick around.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Well, I used to post in blogs and forums. After the redesign? Not so much, except when I post every once in a while.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

Gamespot made mistake changing the site design and I actually miss the hype threads in systems wars