the source of spambots

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

since I am aware that they came with similar names and such,I think I am in suspicion that there's a gateway to let them in,I wish there's no need for these.I may have been offensive on this,but it's for our own good,we don't use these to get in.any mods in objection,please let me know.

jimy1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jimy1475
Member since 2008 • 1228 Posts

make a rule like you cant post on forum the first day or something

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

most likely, that rule would just get even more people whining. I do agree that we could do without those alternate log in options though.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Smashbrossive50

I don't exactly know why we have this in the first place before you would jump to the action,it's like take a shortcut,but it would be a bad route. and since it's highly unnecessary to take the path,I would like this serious concern to be sent straight to either DigitalDame or LarkAnderson about this alternative "log-in route"

@leon2365 said:

most likely, that rule would just get even more people whining. I do agree that we could do without those alternate log in options though.

who cares,we disliked Google+ and Face"palm"book.I'm not sure about Twitter,but I got a feeling that tweeting high-temperature spam links could definitely kill the site more than cigs could kill the tweeter

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Smashbrossive50
@jimy1475 said:

make a rule like you cant post on forum the first day or something

I wish I was one of them,so I can make this a possibility to fulfill the many demands a user could always need

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#6 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

There's spam farms in China and Eastern Europe that employ lots of people who manually open accounts on various sites and post spam. Its not done by a bot. At least the account creation/ login part isn't.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Smashbrossive50

@edgework: I can never trust China or it's people,all they do is fraud and nothing more,this is why I am against Communism,I'm afraid that they will allegedly took over this site as if you weren't here. just whatever it takes or the cost,the alternative log-in part must be banished,so it can grow independent,and spam-free.

jimy1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimy1475
Member since 2008 • 1228 Posts

@edgework said:

There's spam farms in China and Eastern Europe that employ lots of people who manually open accounts on various sites and post spam. Its not done by a bot. At least the account creation/ login part isn't.

Eastern Europe? all of it or some parts of countries, i never know we were known for that

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Smashbrossive50
@jimy1475 said:

Eastern Europe? all of it or some parts of countries, i never know we were known for that

some parts are believed to have close relation to spamming,I can only think of some attention-hungry fellas in Ukraine who would require a fund-raise for their movement to oust the government,or Romania...I have no comment on Poland,however