subscription questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hisup123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hisup123
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts
i wanna know if we can upgrade to total access from gamespot annual subscription. and if we really get high download speeds from being a total access member cause when i was my speed was the same.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

You can sign-up for an annual subscription for $39.95 and you are supposed to get high-speed downloads.

Here is a comparison chart between the three levels of memberships.

Also from the Help Center:

"You can subscribe to GameSpot Total Access for $5.95 monthly or $39.95 annually. GameSpot Total Access offers the comprehensive GameSpot experience, with access to prize tournaments, exclusive beta contests, high-speed downloads and an ad-free experience on the site, in addition to all the features offered to GameSpot Plus and Free Registration members.

We also offer the GameSpot Plus subscription for $2.95 monthly or $19.95 annually. Plus members will get the highest video quality, access to live event coverage, downloadable game guides, all the site themes and the ability to create your own user board on our forums.

There is also the GameSpot Free Registration, which, as the title implies, costs you nothing, and gets you access to our forums as well as downloads from our regular servers."

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Just to add, the download speed you recieve may depend on where you live. For me, i live in the UK and since GameSpot currently only have American servers, i still get slow download speeds. If you live in the US then you will be fine but if you live thousands of miles away, you might see slow download speeds. However, there are plenty of other benefits to subscribe, its not all about the downloads.