Followers

Reviews: 96

User Lists: 13

#1 brenohs
Member since 2016 • 17 Posts

It's been a few weeks now that this 500 error keeps showing:

500: Internal Server Error

Welp, this is embarrassing....

I want to know what i can do and am worried about losing the stacks that took so long to build or if there's away to dowload the lists, maybe ?

achilles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

User Lists: 1

#2 achilles123
Member since 2004 • 93 Posts

@brenohs: you can temporarily resolve the issue by adding your profile name to the stack's URL, so:
https://www.gamespot.com/profile/stacks/some-stack becomes
https://www.gamespot.com/profile/brehons/stacks/some-stack

But yeah, they seem to have changed the way URLs are constructed and didn't update stack links...

brenohs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

User Lists: 13

#3 brenohs
Member since 2016 • 17 Posts

@achilles123: Thank you so much, your fix worked.

bhuj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By bhuj
Member since 2003 • 390 Posts

@achilles123: OH MY GOD THANK YOU. I made a forum thread a couple weeks ago and thought it was only on my end, and even reached out to to Support, who NEVER got back to me. You're a dang lifesaver.

TeslaCoi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TeslaCoi1
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

@achilles123
Echoing the others. Thank you so much dude, seriously. It's weird how they haven't fixed this issue even after several weeks, though.
@bhuj

Same. I sent a support ticket as well, but they seem to be just ignoring me. :-/ I have a stack that I use to keep track of all the games I want but have yet to buy, so being able to access it is pretty important to me.

Bumblebee1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 3

#6 Bumblebee1138
Member since 2010 • 299 Posts

I had this problem for the last 2 weeks now. How long does it take for GS to fix something this simple. -_-

bhuj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bhuj
@TeslaCoi1 said:

@achilles123

Echoing the others. Thank you so much dude, seriously. It's weird how they haven't fixed this issue even after several weeks, though.

@bhuj

Same. I sent a support ticket as well, but they seem to be just ignoring me. :-/ I have a stack that I use to keep track of all the games I want but have yet to buy, so being able to access it is pretty important to me.

I hope they aren't planning on getting rid of them. It's a fun feature that lets people list out the stuff they own, want, have played, etc and also lets them write about it without it necessarily having to be a review. Given that Stacks are still here, maybe it's nothing to worry about, but part of me is gravely concerned they were brought up in a board meeting over cutting website costs or something and this is the first step of phasing them out...Support not telling anyone anything is kind of unsettling, and it's not like there hasn;t been a shortage of corporate crappiness lately...

Bumblebee1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bumblebee1138

A week later they still haven't fixed it. Whoever the developers in charge of this site should give their jobs to a high schooler with basic HTML skills because THEY would have done a better job at this. lol

bhuj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bhuj

@Bumblebee1138: Honestly, it's been a month at this point. I saw another person post a complaint about a site glitch in another forum and a moderator duly said GS was looking into it and moved the thread here. There have now been three threads about the Stacks in this forum, and no one from GS has responded to ANY of them. This really worries me. PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THE STACKS FEATURE, GAMESPOT/FANDOM, WE REALLY LIKE IT AND THINK IT'S FUN!

capcomchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 876

User Lists: 11

#10 capcomchen
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

It is not fixed yet now.

achilles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By achilles123
Member since 2004 • 93 Posts

Glad my tip helped. But it's not a fix, really :)

Being a developer myself at this point I am almost certain they are going to ditch this feature. I don't see any other reason for not fixing this for over a month now. It's litteraly a 2 minute fix.

Telaphone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Telaphone
Member since 2002 • 652 Posts

@achilles123: Thanks for your tip. Been running into this issue for several weeks as well, glad I wasn't the only one. Now if someone at gamespot would fix the issue. 🤔

Bumblebee1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bumblebee1138

Well great, it's been several months and they STILL haven't fixed it. Either Gamespot still haven't hired any actual web developers yet or they are running a team of incompetent nincompoops who accidentally got their job wandering into the company while trying to find a box of crayons.

AlexLiamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 AlexLiamis
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

As of today March 24 2024 i still cannot access my stacks without manually typing my profile name on the URL. Any news on that?? Are they going to ditch the feature because if so, we should get a notification.