"Your HTML is not well-formed"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 123Dan123
Member since 2003 • 14078 Posts

Ok, I get this often and it is starting to annoy me. I get it in posts, my blog and whenever I post updates for my Union. I am not sure how many others get this error. However, I am somewhat curious if other users get this message often.

I feel it is an issue that should be addressed immediately. In addition, it makes posting, blogging, and posting updates irritating. I do not know why half the time this error happens. I noticed when you copy-paste it happens quite a bit. However, sometimes I do not copy-paste, and still get this message.

I hope that a Staff member will read this and address this to the rest of the GameSpot Staff.

Also, as I hit "Submit" this error came up. Look in the image below.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#2 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts
Yeah, I get that. Only in blog posts so far, and seems to only happen when I've cut/pasted something, but not every time. Seems to be a Firefox issue, which is annoying as it's the only browser I really like using. Even happens when I use IE Tab/AllowClipboard and everything in FF. I did post about it in another thread and there were some suggestions but nothing that actually fixed it.
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 123Dan123
Oh ok, but I never had this problem before. Only when they updated the message system.
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 --Wolf--
Member since 2004 • 6786 Posts

I've been getting it ALOT also, especially when copying and pasting stuff, except mine has "your entity is not well formated" at the end.

WHAT THE HELL DOES ENTITY EVEN MEAN?

I just came here to post this actually, lol

123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 123Dan123
Hmmm, I also get that error a lot as well. I think this is a problem GameSpot should look at quickly.
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts
Use the "Paste from word" tool when you paste from word or it interprates it as bad html. Its the folder with the W.
totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#7 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

^^^

I don't use Word... is there a 'paste from Notepad' tool?;)

Because seriously, Notepad is probably the simplest plain text editor on the planet, and if Gamespot can't understand stuff cut from there then there's no hope...

ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts

^^^

I don't use Word... is there a 'paste from Notepad' tool?;)

Because seriously, Notepad is probably the simplest plain text editor on the planet, and if Gamespot can't understand stuff cut from there then there's no hope...

totalgridlock

'

It should i used to do that before the paste from word tool was added write it up in word paste it to notepad to remove the formatting and then paste uit to GS. No idea why its not working. I havent had any problems wiht it.

dragonflame365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 dragonflame365
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts

Use the "Paste from word" tool when you paste from word or it interprates it as bad html. Its the folder with the W.ForlornHope

i did that, it worked but now it won't show my new blog post but my stats says i did a new one but i can't see it i'm gettin angry at this stuff!

jaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 jaam
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

IN the past when I have got those error messages I have accepted them and then just submit again.

I normally do not get the error message again - and it normally accepts the text and posts correctly.

Can only assume that when I accept the first error message it is cleaning up any text that might be incorrect?

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Impossibilium
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts
if you get this error there are probably open tags or bad code that results from pasting something. You can paste copy more easily if you switch from the WYSIWYG view to the HTML view. That will let you see what tags are there that shouldn't be.