Player Review Recommendation Thread -closed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

The player review emblems are hand picked by the Community Team to avoid any emblem exploits. If you have a recommendation on a great user review writer or user video reviewer; please use this thread to alert us. The criteria on how you receive a player review emblem or user video reviewer emblem is a mystery. However, I am sure our Targeted Moderators could give you some general player review advice on what you can improve on if you ask them nicely.

Questions & Answers!

Q. Do I need to be recommended to receive an emblems?
A. It's possible to get the emblem without being recommended. This thread is just for suggestions.

Q. Can I recommend myself?
A. Of course! Recommending yourself is a good place to start. If you do end up recommending yourself, start thinking about others who also have a good writing style and/or quality. Note: Please only post people who have 6 or more reviews.

Q. Many people have recommended me! I deserve an emblem.
A. Recommending someone does not mean that they will receive an emblem. The community team is the one that makes a decision on who should receive an emblem.

Q. Why haven't I received an emblem?
A. We will not share the criteria about how to receive a review emblem. However, do some investigation! Check to see who has the emblem and then read their writing style and/or quality to your own.

Q. What is the difference between the two emblems?
A. This emblem is a mystery. However, the Top 100 are more prolific, and maybe the Top 500 haven't written enough reviews.

Q. I want an emblem, give me an emblem, check out my emblem!
A. When you post your recommendations do not pester and private message staff or contact the moderators to check out a player review. This thread is the appropriate place to post your suggestions. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Recommendation Guidelines
Please be very clear about who you are recommending and if it is a VIDEO or WRITTEN review emblem. Now that we have a video reviewer emblem on the way, it is best to mention that you want us to check their user videos and not their user reviews. Please link to the user's contributions page for written reviews and link to their video reviews if you are recommending them as a user video.

TheWesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 TheWesker
Member since 2003 • 76 Posts
I would like to nominate myself. I have just recently started aggressively writing reviews, and am always curious what others think of them. I also have a few video reviews under my belt. I feel kind of dirty though, nominating myself. Oh well. Thank you.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

Well, I've written 20 reviews that are all lengthy and detailed. But it looks like the last five I've written have probably rarely been read. I guess I write reviews for games that aren't at the "top of the list". I was going to write a review for Mario Galaxy, but since everyone thinks the game is a pot of gold, I wasn't ready to get 10 thumbs down for it (I wasn't going to give it a bad score, just an 8 or 8.5)

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I recommend myself. Why not?

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I would like to nominate myself.

My reviews are lengthy and I try to make them as professional as possible because I would like to become a film and game critic in the future. Some of them are up to 1700 words and people often say that they would like to read my review of a certain game - an example of this was STALKER - and if you look at that review it was judged by 42 different users.

My Bioshock was read and rated by 44 users.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

I would like to nominate myself. I have reviews up for Halo 3, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Boom Boom Rocket, Uno, and Call of Duty 2. My contributions page.

Thank you for considering me. Oh, and these are all written reviews.

mrhuntin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 mrhuntin
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts
yea i may not make it or may make it.:):(
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
II will follow up biggest_loser's nomination of himself with my nomination of him.
Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts
I'll very modestly nominate myself. I've done quite a few written reviews (my latest 6 or 7 are the best). I really enjoy reviewing games, as I want to be a journalist, and it's good writing practice.
D-Camo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 D-Camo
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts
I would really like the emblem. Here is my link to the lengthy and detailed review I wrote about Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots: http://www.gamespot.com/users/D-Camo/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25470520 I would appreciate it if you or any other Admins can take a few moment and go through it. Thanks.
AJMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AJMarra
Member since 2006 • 819 Posts

I'd like to recommend Steven_Beynon, as his reviews are extremely informative, well detailed, and done in a variety of $tyles. I'd also like to recommend TheWesker, as his reviews are nailed down to a T on each aspect of every video game he reviews.

Additionally, I'd also like to (shamelessly :D ) recommend myself, as I've been busting my butt to get the Top 100 emblem, though I never do with each new review I write :(

Church45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Church45
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts
I would like to second AJMarra's recommendation for Steven_Beynon. His reviews are very insightful, and helpful. He doesn't write them to be long-winded like most people, he gets to point on if the game is good or not.
gameman_500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 gameman_500
Member since 2006 • 1317 Posts
I third AJMarra's recommendation for Steven_Beynon. When i read his reviews, his insight on the game is my breaking point for whether i decide to buy the game or spend my money on another one. He shows the detail that is the most important to writing reviews and that detail and marksmanship makes him an amazing reviewer.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I would like to nominate this fellow as well: nutcrackr

http://au.gamespot.com/users/nutcrackr/

He writes cohesive and agreeable reviews, with fair scores too. He is a much loved grandpappy of the PC community!

gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamah_killah
Member since 2006 • 13020 Posts
I nominate grafkhun to be part of the top 100 because his review is fun to read and I can totally understand his view on his game-playing because of his understanding writing.
missonrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 missonrs
Member since 2006 • 1060 Posts
I fourth steve_beynon. His reviews are very interesting and offer great detail on the game and gives a great reasonable score.
Bamdude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bamdude89
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
I just made my review for the PSP game, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Check it out. I think it's probably one of the best reviews I've made that involves a game on the PSP.
JonCha91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 JonCha91
Member since 2008 • 710 Posts

Right, I'm nominating my Halo 3 review because I feel it's pretty good. It's my first review on here, but I feel there's quality in there. :)

(Hopefully I don't sound too arrogant!)

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

It's my first review on here

JonCha91

Please read over the rules again, specifically this: "Note: Please only post people who have 6 or more reviews."

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I would like to nominate myself. GTA IV and MGS4 are some of my best reviews so far.
dark_being

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#20 dark_being
Member since 2004 • 3804 Posts

I'd like to recommend the written reviews of myself, Akhorahill and XriceballX

Both Akhora and myself review less known games, or offer a different opinion on the more popular games. I think everyone can appreciate our reviews, even if they dont always agree with them.

And I would love to receive messages with opinions about my reviews, and tips for future ones.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
I have a few nominations, my first being for myself (most recent reviews are in my sig). I would also like to nominate the following: REVOLUTIONfreak and Maluigi
tmaclabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tmaclabi
Member since 2006 • 17109 Posts
I would like to nominate myself for my written reviews.
Boy_Bawang01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Boy_Bawang01
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts
I also like to nominate tmaclabi for his written reviews.
bacchus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 bacchus2
Member since 2006 • 768 Posts
I have a couple of questions about the emblems. Do people ever lose them? Are there strictly 100 and 500 of each emblem? And perhaps more importantly, is there a way that I can see who has this emblem aside from those I already track? (Though the nominations in this thread will be a good start)
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

Well i'd like to nominate myself. I use to have some bad reviews and erased them all yesterday so all i would have is good reviews here are my 6 reviews so far

Assassins Creed

Final Fantasy IX

Grand Theft Auto IV

Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories

And heres my epic review of

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

D-Camo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 D-Camo
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts
I'd like to nominate myself. I have reached the 6 written reviews mark.
bacchus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bacchus2
Member since 2006 • 768 Posts
I would like to nominate myself. You can find my contributions page here.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I already have a Top 100 Emblem, do I need to be recommended again to keep it? If so, I'd like to nominate myself as well as darkgamingdude, SuperMario_46, kittykatz5k, and k_smoove, all of which are members of the Nintendo Dream Union Review Team. All reviews are written, so don't waste your time checking the videos unless you're interested in them. :P
chazasul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 chazasul
Member since 2003 • 3852 Posts

I'd like to nominate Shinno441. Consistently well written reviews and goes very in depth.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed he already has a Top 500 emblem.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
I'll nominate myself. I'm also a part of the Nintendo Dream Review Team. You can see my contributions here. :)
Avatar image for mastetofthedark
mastetofthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 mastetofthedark
Member since 2008 • 16924 Posts

I would like to recommend myself for my Link's Awakening review.

EDIT: I would like to recommend myself for my Link's Awakening, Goldeneye 007 and Super Mario 64 reviews. Check them out in my profile.

darkeruption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darkeruption
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I would also recommend tmaclabi and mastetofthedark for their written reviews.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

I would like to recommend myself for my Link's Awakening review.mastetofthedark

Please read over the rules again, specifically this: "Note: Please only post people who have 6 or more reviews."

mastetofthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mastetofthedark

[QUOTE="mastetofthedark"]I would like to recommend myself for my Link's Awakening review.Caddy06_88

Oh sorry. Must have skipped that bit.

mastetofthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mastetofthedark
[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]

[QUOTE="mastetofthedark"]I would like to recommend myself for my Link's Awakening review.mastetofthedark

Oh sorry. Must have skipped that bit.

I have 6 reviews already.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
Wow... this has really inspired me to start writing reviews. I just finished my Braid Review and I think it's my best one yet.
xriceballx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xriceballx
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts

I would like to Recommend Mangaminx reviews. I find her reviews very informative, organized, and fun to read. Here are some of her recent works.

FFXII

Dark Cloud II

Soul Calibur IV

Thank you for your time!

itaichi-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 itaichi-666
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts
i would like to recamend my Jack IIreview
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#39 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Hehe I would like to nominate myself :D

I also recommend a friend of mine called Willy105

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#40 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
Is there anyway a top 500 person can get a top 100? If so then me? Please?
mastetofthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mastetofthedark
I would like to recommend myself for my Super Mario Galaxy review. I'ts my best one yet.
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JodyR

Alright everyone. I have gathered recommended usernames. We'll discuss everyone further. You will receive a PM if you reiceive a review emblem.

I have a couple of questions about the emblems. Do people ever lose them? Are there strictly 100 and 500 of each emblem? And perhaps more importantly, is there a way that I can see who has this emblem aside from those I already track? (Though the nominations in this thread will be a good start)bacchus2
We haven't reached that many yet for each of the emblem categories. The idea would be to review the current reviews and remove them if/when the user no longer updates their reviews for many months. This would only happen if we reached 100 or 500 for an emblem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#43 64316431
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts
I'll recommend me! Some of my earlier reviews were very short, but my check out my later reviews
Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
I would like to nominate myself for the Review emblem. I only have a few reviews, but I am trying to do as much as I can with the time I have on my hands. I would like everyone to check out my Written Reviews.
Here is the link
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JodyR

Please note that many of you didn't mention if it is a written review or video review. Please make sure you include if it's a video review if you are recommending someone. Otherwise we'll assume all submissions are written reviews.

The 100 and 500 community reviewer emblems have been distributed. If you did not receive the emblem it may have been because you did not have the recommended amount of written reviews (mentioned in the Question and Answers section of the first post in this thread). You may also have spelling errors. Make sure you take your reviews through a spell checker and see if you have any grammatical or mechanic errors. These erros may cause your reviews not to be selected because we are looking for solid reviewers to receive the emblems. Thanks for everyone's June through November recommendations.

64316431 and Toro_Nev, please use the new review recommendation thread. Be sure to read the instructions.