This topic is locked from further discussion.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

User Lists: 0

#1 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm not sure if anything can be done, but there's a stupid survey that keeps showing up after every single link I click on. I was so fed up that I decided to complete the damn thing anyway, but it still keeps showing up. Clicking the "cross" or "Not now" doesn't get rid of it. Anyone else experiencing this?

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
If you're referring to the GS survey with the orange borders or whatever, I'm able to just close it when it shows up, and that's what I do. If you aren't able to close it, you might be blocking the javascript that does that. That panel has been a little... heavy for a while, but I had not dug into it since I can just close it. If I see it again soon I'll see if I can figure out what it wants to make the close button work; I'm pretty sure it's going to be some javascript somewhere. Edit: So it looks like the closing mechanisms are javascript-based. The function names appear to be cbsiApexCloseOffer and cbsiApexDeclineOffer, but I'm not entirely sure where they're coming from; I suspect apex.com.com or cn.cbsimg.net. I can't be sure, but it seems like the survey panel itself is probably javascript-generated, and if you're seeing the panel it would seem to imply that you're running the javascript that should also set up the closing mechanisms for you - I think they would probably all arrive together, but that's still a guess at the moment. What browser are you using? That might be a factor. Anyway, if you're comfortable injecting javascript or applying your own CSS there might be some ways to remove the panel or just keep it invisible, but that might be a bit much. Are you blocking everything from apex.com.com and cn.cbsimg.net already? That might be another approach, although I can't say what the side effects might be. $$('div[id|=apexOfferUnit]')[0].dispose();

mclayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mclayton
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I am having the same problem, it is very irritating. I use Firefox, with Adblocker. Not sure if that is the cause, but I shall be looking for a new games website if it doesn't stop.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

I am having the same problem, it is very irritating. I use Firefox, with Adblocker. Not sure if that is the cause, but I shall be looking for a new games website if it doesn't stop.

mclayton

I too am using FF with adblock and I haven't come across that survey. Try updating your filters and if that doesn't work try to remove adblock then reinstalling it.

mclayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mclayton
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

Ooh, didn't appear today. Maybe someone at GS noticed it was annoying us. Thanks for your help anyway :)