Not being allowed to use the pound sign now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hannify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hannify
Member since 2003 • 2220 Posts

@Phatjam98 I have got PSN and their subscription based service.

For me it was PS+ or Xbox live gold. Had to ring to cancel auto renewal which they were going to offer me £23.99 but still, too much for what I use it for.

Was what I wanted to reply but until I removed the "£", I wasn't allowed? What gives. Fix this please

(Edit: Yes I know its not part of the original ASCII or something like that nor do I really care, its a well known currency even if it isnt the 'powerful' dollar..)

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

I've often experienced the same glitch, I usually have to change the pound sign to using the word 'pounds'.

I attempted to use the pound sign in this post and this is what occurred:

• Errors:
    1. - Your HTML is not well-formed - no valid tags were found.
    2. - If you are copying from a word processing software, try pasting the text into a plain text editor (e.g., Notepad) first.
    3. - If problems persist, try disabling the WYSIWYG editor in your preferences.

I'm not sure for how long this has happened but I know it doesn't occur everytime, sometimes I am able to post the pound sign whilst other times I am not.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

Sometimes you can get around it using the HTML entity for the symbol , & pound; (without the space), but sometimes that doesn't work. Sometimes just trying to post it twice works. (I had real trouble getting it NOT to convert the entity into a pound sign).

It's certainly not a new problem, but you can usually work around it.

hannify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hannify
Member since 2003 • 2220 Posts

Sometimes you can get around it using the HTML entity for the symbol , & pound; (without the space), but sometimes that doesn't work. Sometimes just trying to post it twice works. (I had real trouble getting it NOT to convert the entity into a pound sign).

It's certainly not a new problem, but you can usually work around it.

dab198

I shouldnt need to type 7 characters just for one character. Just needs to be fixed tbh. If the problem has been in the past, then fix it rather than making a new site layout.

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
I too have found this has happened for quite a while. I usually get around it by using the Lira currency symbol (₤) instead, but dab's suggestion probably works better. Lemme try I am a wealthy land owner and I obtain ££££££ It would be nice if it could be fixed but the staff probably have more pressing concerns. I don't usually find myself typing the pound symbol that often anyway
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I'll put the word out and see about getting this error fixed.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
This issue has been around a long time; I'll be interested to see how this plays out. Beyond that I'll just bide my time... [size=0](... and record a couple links which are just for my reference.12)[/size]