how to skip ahead with video player

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Pants_tent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Pants_tent
Member since 2005 • 146 Posts

How do I skip ahead with the streaming video player? It won't let me skip to like the middle of a video, only to the lighter grey part that is buffered.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
Yeah, as you've discovered, it's not possible to skip ahead to a section of the video which hasn't loaded yet.
Mr_Pants_tent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mr_Pants_tent

hmmm, that doesn't seem like streaming at all. Maybe I'm just used to youtube and giantbomb . . . and every other streaming player where you can skip around to wherever at it loads from that position.

neur0sis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 neur0sis
Member since 2004 • 1659 Posts

hmmm, that doesn't seem like streaming at all. Maybe I'm just used to youtube and giantbomb . . . and every other streaming player where you can skip around to wherever at it loads from that position.

Mr_Pants_tent
The player defaults to Progressive Download, not streaming. If you would like to use streaming, you can set the player to "auto" in the resolution selector box in the lower right hand side of the player. Currently, we are working with out CDN to have the player serve "Pseudo Streaming", similar to YouTube, but this change will not be implemented until after E3 this year. Expect to see the upgraded change in a month or so.
Mr_Pants_tent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Pants_tent

Cool! Thanks for the info.