This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Hope this is the right board for this:

Since GameSpot Fuse has been launched, my update alerts on the drop down menu of my original account redirects me to the Fuse dashboard and displays updates from two weeks ago instead of my most recent ones. I've checked around but there's nosign of them.In order to access those, I have to go to my profile and access my updates from the tab rather than then drop down menu now. Is it supposed to do that or is it just a bug? If there is a way to access my most recent updates on Fuse, let me know.

Thanks.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
I don't have Fuse, so I don't understand why when I click "Updates" it goes to a Fuse page instead of the regular updates. Now when I get the next Gamespot PM for a game I'm following, how can I see them since it's going to the wrong page?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Mine does that too, and it's bugging me

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Starshine_M2A2

My fuse updates seem to have....updated now since i last posted this so i'm getting all the latest news on the games i'm following but I agree with you two. I have no interest in Fuse whatsoever and as far as I can see, it contains all of the features that were already available on the site to begin with. And the fact that it redirects me to the fuse page instead of my updates from the drop down menu is rather annoying. There's a button on the site menu already, I don't need to be railroaded onto it any further...

Boubou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Boubou
Member since 2003 • 91 Posts

Hi guys,

For those who haven't used Fuse yet, what you see on the Games filter is your updates not just some random games articles. Clikcing on the updates link like you usually do simply links you to your updates page with Fuse which is the games filter. There are several reasons for this:

• The old updates page was not accurate. You might see "10 new updates" on top, clikcing on it you might get to a page that shows you 1 article under 6 games counting as 6 updates (go check now on your profile page you'll see what I'm talking about), or articles associated with tons of games that don't actually mention the game you're following. We wanted to fix this.
  • The Fuse design and algorithm allows for some new functionality like removing some of the spam articles described above as well as never displaying an article more than once. You can also watch videos inline without having to go to the video page.

Try it and share your feedback, if you still don't like it let us know why and we'll work on improving it.

Thanks!

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Starshine_M2A2

Hi guys,

For those who haven't used Fuse yet, what you see on the Games filter is your updates not just some random games articles. Clikcing on the updates link like you usually do simply links you to your updates page with Fuse which is the games filter. There are several reasons for this:

• The old updates page was not accurate. You might see "10 new updates" on top, clikcing on it you might get to a page that shows you 1 article under 6 games counting as 6 updates (go check now on your profile page you'll see what I'm talking about), or articles associated with tons of games that don't actually mention the game you're following. We wanted to fix this.
  • The Fuse design and algorithm allows for some new functionality like removing some of the spam articles described above as well as never displaying an article more than once. You can also watch videos inline without having to go to the video page.

Try it and share your feedback, if you still don't like it let us know why and we'll work on improving it.

Thanks!

Boubou

Why didn't you make these improvements to the regular site rather than creating a brand new 'dashboard'? The whole thing just seems redundant. But, whatever, i'm sticking to my profile updates page.

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

Well, if you're using Firefox feel free to use the Redirector addon. Just set the "updates" button to redirect to your updates page, and voila' everything's back to normal.

roseargent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 roseargent
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts

For one thing, I use the dark skin on GameSpot, and find the blindingly white Fuse feed... well, blinding. I can't look at the page for more than a minute or two before I start to get a headache. I'm not at all interested in this social stuff, I just want my game updates in a format I can read.

Boubou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boubou

The team is working on a dark version. ;)

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Boubou
Speaking of the dark background, it's a little difficult to read your posts when they have a black font color.:P
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

[QUOTE="Boubou"]

topsemag55

Speaking of the dark background, it's a little difficult to read your posts when they have a black font color.:P

I would assume in that case the dark version would convert the text to white the same way it does it on the main site.

roseargent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 roseargent
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts

It doesn't, though. For most forum posts, yes, but something in the way Boubou's post was coded left the font colour intact even on the dark background.

(edited for clarity, I hope)

Boubou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boubou

We need to fix this

MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

It doesn't, though. For most forum posts, yes, but something in the way Boubou's post was coded left the font colour intact even on the dark background.

(edited for clarity, I hope)roseargent

I believe this can sometimes be caused by copying and pasting certain text directly into the editor. Sometimes it will retain whatever font HTML code t previously had, often times setting it to being black, and be unreadable against the background. As a user of the white theme, I rarely experience this issue, but I can understand how it would be annoying for those who use the dark theme.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
Just as a reminder, there is a Fuse v2 forum here, although I'm not sure this would fit better there since it sounds like a problem resulting from Fuse-related changes affecting non-Fuse pages. It looks like there might be a similar topic or two there already, and if the issue straddles both worlds then the deciding factor might merely be where it will get more attention. The wysiwyg editor, on the other hand, has always been and probably always will be a catastrophe. Disabling it is the only right thing to do.

Alucard1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Alucard1475
Member since 2004 • 564 Posts

My "updates" link in the drop down box in the corner doesn't work at all. Problem loading page.

To actually see updates, I have to click on my username and use the link on the left side.

--->> FIXED