Gamespot...give us Mac users a form here ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ottozero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Ottozero
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
I ditched my PC and dont plan on going back....asta la VISTA(pun intended)..I got Winxp just for the sake of playing Command & Conquer (every game in the series including 3) and Half-Life 2...Come Gamespot Apple will be growing in Market share for the next few years thanks in part to Intel and boot camp...Hell I even ran World in Conflict Beta (ran great btw)...I keep hearing about all of these Windows users hating Windows Vista (not the hardware of course hehe:P) OS....Give US a  Dedicated forum

BTW thank you Mods for pointing me here  :D
lol_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lol_waffles
Member since 2006 • 1826 Posts
I really don't think there's enough Mac gamers to warrant a Mac forum here.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

I really don't think there's enough Mac gamers to warrant a Mac forum here.lol_waffles

i was thinking exactly the same thing. If such a board existed it would be so dead.

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

I have to imagine that most MAC users would have a union/UCB created by this point.

I agree, a MAC forum would just not be popular enough.

treytakahashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 treytakahashi
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

There is a Apple Union, Look under my unions on my profile. For the mac fans here, if your watching the life feed for macs confrance right now EA just anounced that they will start making duel platform game like Blizzard mac/windows vesrions of games like Command and Conquer are comming out for mac. and FYI EA origonaly was a Mac game developer.

Ottozero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Ottozero
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
TYVM Good to know!!
treytakahashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 treytakahashi
O yeah... I bet once mac get bigger in a few years it will get more into the gaming buissness.
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
You know that there are a lot more Mac games then you think, don't listen to the webcomics, there ARE Mac Gamers out there. Saying there aren't Mac gamers is like saying there aren't such thing as PSP gamers because it doesn't sell as well as the DS, (now just put the Mac in place of the PSP and the PC in place of the DS.)
Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts
I really don't think there's enough Mac gamers to warrant a Mac forum here.lol_waffles
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

You know that there are a lot more Mac games then you think, don't listen to the webcomics, there ARE Mac Gamers out there. Saying there aren't Mac gamers is like saying there aren't such thing as PSP gamers because it doesn't sell as well as the DS, (now just put the Mac in place of the PSP and the PC in place of the DS.)Ryo_Kensen

Mac is more like Ngage in gaming than PSP though :)But of course people are overeacting when they say Macs don't have games, just like they overeact when they say WIndows crashes all the time

OneEarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OneEarth
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

[QUOTE="Ryo_Kensen"]You know that there are a lot more Mac games then you think, don't listen to the webcomics, there ARE Mac Gamers out there. Saying there aren't Mac gamers is like saying there aren't such thing as PSP gamers because it doesn't sell as well as the DS, (now just put the Mac in place of the PSP and the PC in place of the DS.)AdrianWerner

Mac is more like Ngage in gaming than PSP though :)But of course people are overeacting when they say Macs don't have games, just like they overeact when they say WIndows crashes all the time

ROFL Totally Pwned!

Although I must say my attitude towards Apple (but not Apple fanboys) has changed since I saw the historic interview of Bill gates & SteveJobs togather(http://d5.allthingsd.com/20070530/d5-gates-jobs-interview). And I kinda liked the Leopard preview at WWDC 07. In fact, I'm downloading the Safari Browser beta for my PC right now! Anyway, I really hope the ridiculously disgusting *we know everything*attitude of Mac users change towards Windows (especially Vista) users. After all, Windows is ubiquitous. And, without DirectX, no matter EA show of two new games coming to Mac, it's easilya few hundred lightyears behind PC gaming.

treytakahashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 treytakahashi
Well to be honest with every one here I have a Windows machine, a System using Ubuntu (a version of Linux) and My Mac mashines. I don't prefer one over the other there all good... I just think that mac gaming is kinda left out. We will have to see. I would definetly like a Mac forum :D but no more then I'd want a Linux forum.
coruscant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 coruscant
Member since 2005 • 3406 Posts

[QUOTE="lol_waffles"]I really don't think there's enough Mac gamers to warrant a Mac forum here.Deihmos

i was thinking exactly the same thing. If such a board existed it would be so dead.

I second that.

imm_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 imm_84
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

Hello Gamers . Mac Users Need Game Spot Support .

I usually have a hard time finding MAC GAMES .. I look Either through PC games and click to see if its avialble for mac .

Anyways .. I am a 100% gamer . and I have every consol out there I Just happened to have switched to mac and it would be nice to have a mac page !

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I don't understand why you'd need a dedicated forum. There isn't that much demand for a mac forum and for any demand that there is, the PC forum is for PC & Mac.
thom-22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16 thom-22
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts

I usually have a hard time finding MAC GAMES .. I look Either through PC games and click to see if its avialble for mac .

imm_84

Here's the list of Mac games in GameSpot's database: Top Macintosh Games. If you click on "Browse all games", you'll get a list you can sort by genre, date, etc. Also try including "mac" at the end of your search terms, eg. search on "quake mac" and the results will be limited to the eight Mac games in the Quake family.

If you know of a Mac game that is not in GS's database, you can request that it be added in this thread -- be sure to read the first post and follow the instructions, in particular you have to provide independent proof. I've made well over 100 requests in the past couple of years to add Mac games and continue to do so for new releases.

I've also been tagging Mac games to make them easier to find. Go to a search page and change the setting to "Tags" and you can find lists of games tagged with, for example, mac shooter or mac rpg.

HTH

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

Hello Gamers . Mac Users Need Game Spot Support .

Anyways .. I am a 100% gamer . and I have every consol out there I Just happened to have switched to mac and it would be nice to have a mac page !

imm_84
I don't understand why you'd need a dedicated forum. There isn't that much demand for a mac forum and for any demand that there is, the PC forum is for PC & Mac.fabz_95

Here's the list of Mac games in GameSpot's database: Top Macintosh Games. If you click on "Browse all games", you'll get a list you can sort by genre, date, etc. Also try including "mac" at the end of your search terms, eg. search on "quake mac" and the results will be limited to the eight Mac games in the Quake family.

If you know of a Mac game that is not in GS's database, you can request that it be added in this thread -- be sure to read the first post and follow the instructions, in particular you have to provide independent proof. I've made well over 100 requests in the past couple of years to add Mac games and continue to do so for new releases.

I've also been tagging Mac games to make them easier to find. Go to a search page and change the setting to "Tags" and you can find lists of games tagged with, for example, mac shooter or mac rpg.

HTH

thom-22
No need for thread necromancy. If you want to bring this issue up again, make a new thread ;)
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

No need for thread necromancy. If you want to bring this issue up again, make a new thread ;)chicknfeet

Message should be directed to the user that bumped this thread.