Gamespot videos not working August 14 2011

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thegertkenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thegertkenator
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I can't get videos on this site to load. It just gives me that perpetual circle thing while the video is loading. I've tried clearing cookies and that hasn't helped.

hollovoid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hollovoid7
Same thing going on here, I thought it was because of the flash update I just installed, but was driving me nuts! Glad to see im not the only one having this.
QuiCkz_Alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 QuiCkz_Alex
Member since 2010 • 842 Posts
Video's Works fine
RavenXavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RavenXavier
Member since 2005 • 405 Posts
Can't get videos to load here either. They were working fine the other day, but as of yesterday most videos just do the circle thing. I'll recheck my drivers on this end to make sure it's not something here. I'm also running Win7x64.
RavenXavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RavenXavier
Member since 2005 • 405 Posts

Update. The videos are working for me again. I checked my Flash version and drivers and everything said it was up to date. I went ahead and re-installed anyway though directly from the Adobe site. The odd thing was, when the Flash player install downloaded it asked me to close off Internet Explorer before the installation would continue, but, I didn't have IE open. I opened my Task Manager and sure enough there was a process running for IE so I ended the process and continued the re-install. Then when I came back to Gamespot I had been logged out for some reason. I logged back in and now all the videos work just fine.

@ thegertkenatorand hollovoid7, Try doing what I describe here and see if that fixes it for you. Hope that helps.

Wiro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wiro_
Member since 2004 • 468 Posts

Make sure you are not blocking connections from ad.doubleclick.net

Connections from this server may beblocked by e.g.:

an ad-blocker
your HOSTS file
the InPrivate-filtering feature of internet explorer
an anti-malware application
a virus scanner with built-in firewall
a firewall

thegertkenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thegertkenator

Thanks for your help Raven. I tried re-installing flash but it did not work. Gamespot has slightly altered it's code to not allow users to view videos while employing an ad-blocker. I shut down ad-block for gamespot.com and videos work again. Bit of a dirty trick by gamespot, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks fellas!

halBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 halBU
Member since 2002 • 436 Posts
This is about the tenth thread on this subject. Normally they end up getting locked without resolution. I wish someone would make a statement on this issue. I haven't watched a Gamespot video in months - not because I don't want to but because I can't. It's a Gamespot-only issue and does not happen on any other site.
StanleyL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StanleyL
Member since 2004 • 1280 Posts

Sorry for the lack of reply, we've been working on a fix for this bug this week. Please check again today, this issue should be resolved.

BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
They are working for me again.