Banner ads that make content jump around - bad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hlmcpherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 hlmcpherson
Member since 2002 • 240 Posts

Dear GameSpot,

I will not use your site again until you stop with every page and every time I refresh a page I get banner ads that resize the page and move content around every 5 secs. I am done with clicking a link only to find that just before my click was registered the page resized and so I clicked some other link, not the one I intended.

This is sad indeed, you were once my home page I read you every single day and most times 5 or more times a day I would browse your site. Not anymore, your ads that resize the page over and over have finally driven me away. Have fun with that....

Signed,

Once a loyal reader

rrhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 rrhammer
Member since 2011 • 835 Posts

The ads that make the screen jump around do get a little annoying. I've found myself having to wait about 5-10 seconds extra every time i change a screen so all the junk can sort itself out. That was just something i accepted. The thing that got me riled today was that stupid green ad that came on as soon as i came to the site today. Some kind of "in your face" feeble attempt to get me to click on a moving target or something. The kind of ad you'd normally see on low-budget "anyone can advertise here" sites. Trashy.