vivalatour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 vivalatour
Member since 2011 • 1121 Posts

I am just wondering since HR which I thought they made the real sales from being a sort of unique concept , but , was the use for the filling up of x's and o's necessary ? where you're spidering the controller like a fool ...

UmaSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By UmaSama
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts

I hated the controls in BTS even moreso than in HR, sometimes I was fighting the controls and not the game.

Really bad design choices regarding the controls.

Also the combat is counterintuitive, needlesly difficult, lacks feedback, and you only succeed when you do what the game wants you to do, no choice whatsoever, not even the illusion of choice.

pgharavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#3  Edited By pgharavi
Member since 2003 • 446 Posts

Yup, worse.

vivalatour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By vivalatour
Member since 2011 • 1121 Posts

look for that "dot" and then SHAKE,BUTTON & ROLL if I could only get some kind of comunication going with that crazy hand jive I would be all set , too much like a chore , I don't think it was at all necessary to continue on with it ?

herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#5  Edited By herviross_2
Member since 2006 • 2689 Posts

Using the right analog stick in combat instead of the face buttons was a smart design choice. During the combat sections in Heavy Rain, I would pay too much attention for on-screen button prompts. In Beyond, you have to pay attention to Jodie's actions, which indirectly means you have to pay attention to the fight.