Why was my thread locked within minutes?

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

It wasn't a post to single anybody out because of opposed politics (like most here are) and contained nothing but fact. Just because seemingly only one of my replies actually read the whole post instead of just the title and- regardless all perceived it as an insult instead of a genuine question? Or are mods here just fanboys as well- it was a system wars post... I'm curious to see if I'll get a genuine answer. It wasn't meant to bash "XBOX", simply to question why Microsoft deliberately hides their name from their product and hopefully provoke thought from the gaming community. All posts will inevitably end up greenVredVblue in SW anyways, why was my Topic shut down before people had a chance to weigh in? I'm curious for an answer really, did I violate some kind of rule?

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dr_Vancouver

The title? IDK... I mentioned owning a launch XBone and having been first in line to preorder the X. Obviously I'm a fan. I thought it was a thought provoking observation.I really expected an answer more quickly than my thread was locked lol. I thought that my post would (occasionally) provoke rational thought and answers that exude contemplating the idea ie: Maybe to try and sell more units in Japan/ and then responses stating that that would obviously have as much an adverse effect in USDM/ or ya hey its obviously synonymous with Windows so why wouldn't they/ and maybe some people would have an answer that makes sense. But nope, I guess not. Locked after three or four lemmings quickly replied before reading I see what's going on here, and why these forums seem to be down to fiftyish people these days. Pretty transparent.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dr_Vancouver

Seriously?!? My thread was locked 10 minutes exactly after I posted it. How long is it going to take for an answer? I genuinely want to know If I broke a rule or what. If not then what's the deal? If yes then what about my original post was perceived as naughty? I worded it very carefully so as not to have come off as your typical SW troll.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dr_Vancouver

A couple hours in, nothing. It only took 10 minutes to lock my thread can THAT mod not answer me. I bet the mod in question drives a car with a company logo badge, if he drove a Honda and it was the only model that they made that doesn't have a Honda H emblem would that not seem fishy? And if not, would there not be a reason that is easily answered without applying butthurt cream? Or did I actually violate some clearly written terms that I've never heard of? Ten minutes to lock my thread and over two and a half hours for an answer that would take two minutes?

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dr_Vancouver

Bump. I think that's why the kids used to say. Three hours and thirty three minutes? One mod locks me then the forums shut down for the night immediately afterwards?

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

Please allow 24 hours for a response before posting a follow-up comment.

The moderator team is comprised of volunteers with varying schedules and as such there may not be a representative that is immediately available. In the future it is advisable that when you are seeking assistance from an individual or group to not make derogatory assumptions (mod fanboys) about that individual or group.

I will reach out to the moderator that locked the thread. Again, please allow ample time for a response.

Please also note that only moderators are to post responses on ask the mod threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Hey, sorry, I was the acting moderator who locked your thread.

So, to clarify why your thread was locked:

• Your post was taking a hugely specific thing to debate a point that has very little to do with the larger purview of System Wars- in that, let's assume Microsoft is ashamed of its brand, how an why does that matter or change anything for Xbox, which by your own admission is distanced for it, or the games that they put out?
  • While your post itself was worded fine, the responses to it were not going anywhere. You had certain posters come in and get defensive because they perceived it as an attack, and you would have had another group of posters come in and start flaming the Xbox needlessly, using your thread only as a springboard

In and of itself, your post had little to do with SW to begin with, and furthermore, its discussion value was going to be minimal. Please understand that this is not a reflection of you as a troll, or any such thing, it is more a reflection of the discussion it might have invited, and the fact that its central topic had little to do with the nature of the board to begin with.

I would encourage you to remake the thread in Games Discussion, or even the Xbox board (albeit with a slightly less provocative title), as is- it would be better suited for those boards.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dr_Vancouver

"While your post itself was worded fine, the responses to it were not going anywhere."

-my thread was locked in ten minutes, by the time I finished making my sandwich you had deduced that?

"I would encourage you to remake the thread in Games Discussion"

-my original post had nothing to do with games whatsoever.

"Your post was taking a hugely specific thing to debate a point that has very little to do with the larger purview of System Wars"

-that makes as much sense as ketchup in kraft dinner. I knew that any answer I got would be nonsense, but I still expected better use of a thesaurus.

"You had certain posters come in and get defensive because they perceived it as an attack, and you would have had another group of posters come in and start flaming the Xbox needlessly, using your thread only as a springboard"

-really? In System Wars? You have visited this forum before have you not? In the land of System Wars cry babies cry, it's a thing. If System Wars was Westeros, a box of Kleenex would sit on the iron throne. If a perceived potential "springboard" were all it took then you would have to shut down that entire forum.

Alas, I merely wanted a paper trail in regards to your despicable and transparent activity as a moderator here in GS forums, so that your colleagues and the (once robust, now empty aside from tumbleweeds) community here can see why everyone went to IGN. #fakegamingsite #sad