This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I would love to show the post. I received an email about a post of mine being removed. It was on the System Wars board where there are different rules from the last time rules were changed. Yes, we insult each other. I never flag anyone for it against me because I am a big boy and realize its all in fun. Like "yo mama" jokes. Just wondering what happened? Did someone flag me? Did the SW rules revert?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@cainetao11: The reason I removed it is because the word retard cannot be used as a personal insult or for any ill intent. I understand that people do insult each other in SW but it generally isn't appropriate to call someone an idiot and I will encourage you and others not to use the word even on SW. I get people troll on SW and your first reaction is to respond back with an insult but there might be some unexpected repercussions because of that. The main reason your post was deleted is because of that one word.

I will say that you are not to blame for not knowing that it isn't okay to insult people on SW and it will probably be that way for a long time. We're supposed to delete posts with personal insults but because of the very nature of SW we don't thoroughly do it because things like this happen where people go to ask the mods and ask why they were moderated.

I hope you understand though and this was mostly a warning.

EDIT: Like I get people call each other idiot and moron and they often time don't get deleted but this case was a little different because of word choice. I will always discourage people from personally insulting each other even on SW.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cainetao11

@shadowchronicle said:

@cainetao11: The reason I removed it is because the word retard cannot be used as a personal insult or for any ill intent. I understand that people do insult each other in SW but it generally isn't appropriate to call someone an idiot and I will encourage you and others not to use the word even on SW. I get people troll on SW and your first reaction is to respond back with an insult but there might be some unexpected repercussions because of that. The main reason your post was deleted is because of that one word.

I will say that you are not to blame for not knowing that it isn't okay to insult people on SW and it will probably be that way for a long time. We're supposed to delete posts with personal insults but because of the very nature of SW we don't thoroughly do it because things like this happen where people go to ask the mods and ask why they were moderated.

EDIT: Like I get people call each other idiot and moron and they often time don't get deleted but this case was a little different because of word choice. I will always discourage people from personally insulting each other even on SW.

Understood. But which word was it? Retard, idiot, or moron?

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shadowchronicle

@cainetao11 said:
@shadowchronicle said:

Understood. But which word was it? Retard, idiot, or moron?

Retard or just anything about mental handicaps really

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cainetao11

@shadowchronicle: I apologize for it. My sister is retarded, which means her learning and maturing capacity in the brain stopped at 12 years old or so but she is 49 years old. I am well versed in the use and her and her friends have used remarks we would see as offensive all my life because as her boyfriend John says "what do you know about us?" Still I meant no offense

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shadowchronicle

@cainetao11: No problem man. It used to be in the ToU that it said such words are not allowed to be used that way but now it is kind of unclear as mentions mobile and I can't find it anymore. What I do know is we do moderate posts like that. I saw your moderation history and I see you post in the forums often so when I deleted the post I took that into consideration. People make mistakes every now and then. I actually came to this thread because I know I went through the queue yesterday and there was a possibility I might have removed something I wasn't supposed to.

Have good day! Thank you for being polite.