I wish to have my account deleted.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vtoshkatur
Member since 2011 • 1962 Posts

This is not a community I want to be apart of anymore for various reasons but mainly the hostility that exists on these boards. There are other gaming communities that are more friendly and less hostile to everyone. I wish to have my account deleted or banned or whatever it takes to get out of here.
*edit* I've noticed other users asking the same request being completely ignored by the mods so please I implore you not to make me post something on here severely against the rules just to get rid of my account. It's unfair and I believe it's illegal to force your service on to people who no longer want it or refuse it.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@vtoshkatur said:

This is not a community I want to be apart of anymore for various reasons but mainly the hostility that exists on these boards. There are other gaming communities that are more friendly and less hostile to everyone. I wish to have my account deleted or banned or whatever it takes to get out of here.

*edit* I've noticed other users asking the same request being completely ignored by the mods so please I implore you not to make me post something on here severely against the rules just to get rid of my account. It's unfair and I believe it's illegal to force your service on to people who no longer want it or refuse it.

We are sorry to hear that you are leaving the community. As moderators, we do our best to try to keep the community a constructive forum where gaming discussion can take place.

Regarding your request, while Gamespot has no "delete" button for accounts we can certainly permanently ban an account at the user's request. That has already been taken care of in this case, but there are a few points that we should clarify.

1) Threatening to do something against the rules severe enough to warrant a ban is not the correct way to go about asking for assistance. I don't know when you edited your message, but this post only went up earlier today. I advise patience when making a request.

2) While Gamespot does not offer an easy way to delete an account, that does not mean that the Gamespot service is being illegally forced upon you after you no longer want it or actively refuse it. You are only "using" the service while you are actively on the site and your forum account is only being "used" while you are posting on the forums. If you wish to discontinue use of the Gamespot service, all you have to do is stop using it. Getting your account banned prevents you from coming back, but realistically a modicrum of self control would have the same effect. Whether or not a user chooses to simply stop using the service they are no longer interested in or if they deliberately break the rules until they get banned so they can't come back is a question of maturity.

-Byshop