isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

I am a new user and I am reading up on the FAQs and user guidelines and I have a question about this rule, "Cross-platform discussion is prohibited" located n the forum specific rules. Mainly... what the hell does it mean exactly? It sounds like talking about game discussion about third party games that aren't exclusives is prohibited. That can't be right, can it? So if I go on the Nintendo boards, I can't talk about Resident Evil 4 because it is also available on PlayStation,. Xbox, ect? I'm sure I got this wrong, but just some clarification.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@isturbo1984:

Essentially this rule is in force on boards that are specific to each hardware manufacturer or platform. So for example discussing Destiny on the PC board and saying how it is better than anything on PC would be considered breaking this rule (alongside it being trolling). You can discuss games that are available on those platforms you are discussing (so Resident Evil 4 can be discussed on most of the boards given it is available for most of the platforms). This rule is designed to stop people attacking each other for their hardware choices and keep it in System Wars. Game Discussion you can discuss and compare/contrast software and hardware as long as it is done in a sensible manor.

I hope this clears this up for you?

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Garfield,

Gamespot Moderation Team.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

@Garfield360UK: i thought i misunderstood it. makes sense now. and a good rule. and thanks.