Account Banned Permanently! No Strike, No Warning.

Friendly_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Friendly_Gamer
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

I got a message from mod charizard1605 that you're banned due to association with another account which is not my account. In my entire gaming life first time i got ban, I feel insulted & forced to make alt account to make this post. I don't know why because I didn't violate any rules, and I didn't made alt account here except this one. When GS mod ban someone, there should be a way to talk with admin @DigitalDame instead of making new account. I used to visit on Gamespot Fuse, good old memories with that account. Name of the account is Darkhorse-Gamer. Please look into this.

Friendly_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Friendly_Gamer

No response? Seriously? I'm seeing Fuser mods, zyxe you're active here, zanelli, sefrix Anyone?

Friendly_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Friendly_Gamer

:(

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@friendly_gamer: Hello,

I see the note on your profile saying as much, since I'm not the moderator who took action on your account there isn't anything I can say about the decision personally. I am trying to loop @charizard1605 into the conversation to get in touch with you (for some reason my "@" function isn't working properly for me right now) regarding the moderation. Also, please feel free to send a PM both to the moderator involved and DigitalDame if you feel this is in error.

Moderators are just volunteers, as for me I have a day job (and sometimes a weekend job and an evening job), so please don't fret if a response is not received in a day or so, I personally try to check this board at least once a day but cannot effectively access it on my phone or work computer and work crazy hours.

Regards,

zyxe

GameSpot Moderation Team

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@friendly_gamer: Looks like it has to do with some alternate account action. Let me see what I can dig up.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I can speak to this one as I've seen the data as well as spoken to Charizard regarding the ban.

You were banned for creating an alternate account named Running-Target. While you might claim that this isn't your account, the moderation team has access to tools and information that is not publically visible to normal users and we can tell that Running-Target, Darkhorse-Gamer, and this account were all made by the same person. Beyond that, Charizard was actively monitoring you when he saw you post a comment with one account, delete that comment, and then repost it from the other account. Creating multiple accounts to "game" the forums is strictly against the rules, and because of this you have been banned.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Actually, now that I'm looking it over I see that you have another alt with the account SSG1. Thank you for bringing up this question, as I likely would have missed your other alternate account had you not. That account has now been banned as well.

-Byshop