Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts

Welcome to The Crucible

(ME3 Ending Poll and Your Full Series Story Discussion)

(WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS)

I believe Synthesis is the right choice. I didn't spend all three games trying to get peace between the Quarians and the Geth to have it thrown away along with all the tech in the universe.

No more Reapers, and every race in the Galaxy is related by the new DNA, I hope this will prevent wars based on race prejudice. Somewhat like setting off a device in a KKK meeting that turns all the racists black lol.

I'll tell you my story when I piece it all together :)

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts
I thought it was all the same ending. I just shot the generator or whatever it was at the very end. If there is a way Shepard lives, I want to redo it that way.
cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cheesyjon
How do you even get the other endings? It doesn't give me a choice.
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

You need a certain amount of war assets in order to have more choices at the end.

There is a wiki on IGN that I recommend you look up.

Btw, there is an ending where Shepard lives but you need to have at least 5000 war assets and choose the destroy synthetics ending.

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts
I know they said you could beat the game with Shepard living at the end. how are you supposed to do it?
cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cheesyjon

Btw, there is an ending where Shepard lives but you need to have at least 5000 war assets and choose the destroy synthetics ending.

rallydrifter

I'm going after that!

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Falcon084
[QUOTE="rallydrifter"]

cheesyjon

I'm going after that!

Cool I want to see that too!

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Falcon084

I've read some people think that without Mass Relays space travel will be impossible. The Normandy 1 had Mass Effect Engine; other ships could use this drive. Plus Bioware has already stated there will be another game and to keep our saves. This means that space exploration will continue!

A mass relay

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IndianaJones414
I actually read that you dont have to have 5,000 readiness to have Shepard live, you could actually do it with 4,000 readiness too.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Falcon084

I actually read that you dont have to have 5,000 readiness to have Shepard live, you could actually do it with 4,000 readiness too. IndianaJones414

This is a bit different t that - http://gametipcenter.com/mass-effect-3-endings-list

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IndianaJones414
I ready a lot of that on the strategy guide about the game. There is also a way to get the Geth and Quarian to call a truce.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

I ready a lot of that on the strategy guide about the game. There is also a way to get the Geth and Quarian to call a truce. IndianaJones414

Yeah, I managed to get that truce...so happy about that...

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cheesyjon

Plus Bioware has already stated there will be another game and to keep our saves. This means that space exploration will continue!

Falcon084

What? :o Where did you see this?

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"]

Plus Bioware has already stated there will be another game and to keep our saves. This means that space exploration will continue!

cheesyjon

http://au.gamespot.com/unions/MEUniverse/forums/29024008/-the-terminus-systems-mass-effect-4-discussion :D

I've also read news on the Bioware boards about them planning for more!

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IndianaJones414
I think that Bioware should do another trilogy with Mass Effect, where we could play as either an offspring of Shepard or a decendent of Shepard.
cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cheesyjon
[QUOTE="cheesyjon"][QUOTE="Falcon084"]

Falcon084

http://au.gamespot.com/unions/MEUniverse/forums/29024008/-the-terminus-systems-mass-effect-4-discussion :D

I've also read news on the Bioware boards about them planning for more!

Wow, I hope there's another one. Maybe if you finally get to the Shepard living ending. But I don't see how you could have a new one if you destroy everybody. If that's your ending, it'll probably like start a new one in Mass Effect 3 cuz Shepard fell in #2 sort of thing. But I dunno. :P

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rallydrifter
Its been stated many times that ME3 is the last of Shepards story, so sorry to say that you will not be Shepard in ME4.
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rallydrifter

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but there is a huge campaign going on over at the BSN to change the endings.

Its even got a couple gaming sites attention.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but there is a huge campaign going on over at the BSN to change the endings.

rallydrifter

Yeah, the end is pretty terrible

BSN thread

Facebook page

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Falcon084

Who voted Destruction and why?

Don't forget that that option destroys all technology. I'd hate to win the war only to find I've blown up my toaster :P

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cheesyjon

Who voted Destruction and why?

Don't forget that that option destroys all technology. I'd hate to win the war only to find I've blown up my toaster :P

Falcon084
Maybe they mean the destruction on where Shepard lives.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

Half of the ending I liked, the other half I didn't.

The Illusive man controlling Shepard? Seriously? That made absolutely no sense, maybe I missed something.

Also, Joker trying to outrun the blast made no sense.

I really loved the music choice though, and it remained exciting thanks to the presentation.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 majinstrings

Half of the ending I liked, the other half I didn't.

The Illusive man controlling Shepard? Seriously? That made absolutely no sense, maybe I missed something.

Also, Joker trying to outrun the blast made no sense.

I really loved the music choice though, and it remained exciting thanks to the presentation.

bugbag

Joker trying to outrun the blast confused me a bit...

Was he making a relay jump? Where the hell was he going?

And if it wasn't a relay jump, why not just turn?

I was fine with everything up to the point where Shepard collapses on that little platform that took him up to the top of the Crucible...

When it faded to white, I was fine...

When the little boy/ghost/VI/AI/divine being (?) showed up, I was confused...

When he gave Shepard his options I was really confused and trying to figure it out in my mind instead of listening...

When the credits rolled, I was pissed...

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Falcon084

WTH?! Readiness Rating in mass effect 3 to 5000 can not be obtained without MP. This means that I can not save Shepard! If my life wasn't so busy (and costly) now I'd but the massively expensive modem.

BTW Majinstrings there s Reaper tech on the Normandy, such as the IFF the Synthesis would destroy the Normandy. Destruction would destroy every ship.

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rallydrifter

I did a completionist run and only got about 3300 ems.  I did miss about 3 minor side mission though because the timer ran out to do them but even if I did do them I woud have maybe 3500. 

I really want to know if its possible to get to 5000 without MP.

TJsimulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 TJsimulation
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

I chose the Destroy ending because regardless of uniting the Geth and Quarians and Legion's sacrifice, I refused to have the reapers possibly rebel again and come back only to repeat the cycle.

To me the only true ending was the destroy ending, which I guess is the Red Ending (People seem really confused about what ending is what; the most common association I've seen is the relays exploding, but if that is so, many other people are posting the stinger scene as the "blue ending, so it's confusing) since Shepard has a chance to live.

I just felt like I couldn't kill off my character only for the reapers to continue to live and justify their paradoxical thinking. So I figured, hell, if I'm gonna die I'm gonna die taking down the Reapers which was the mission since the beginning of the end of the first game.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 majinstrings

WTH?! Readiness Rating in mass effect 3 to 5000 can not be obtained without MP. This means that I can not save Shepard! If my life wasn't so busy (and costly) now I'd but the massively expensive modem.

BTW Majinstrings there s Reaper tech on the Normandy, such as the IFF the Synthesis would destroy the Normandy. Destruction would destroy every ship.

Falcon084

Ah, of course...I forgot about the Normandy's Reaper tech...

And it sucks that you can't get 5000 Readiness Rating without MP...I finished the story before playing MP and I had less than 4000 Readiness...I tried doing everything I could to get all the War Assets I could and still only had 3000-something...

I can't believe Bioware would make the game so you had to play MP to get the maximum Readiness Rating...unless they plan on making it possible with future DLC...which still sucks for people who can't take their game online :(

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 majinstrings

I chose the Destroy ending because regardless of uniting the Geth and Quarians and Legion's sacrifice, I refused to have the reapers possibly rebel again and come back only to repeat the cycle.

To me the only true ending was the destroy ending, which I guess is the Red Ending (People seem really confused about what ending is what; the most common association I've seen is the relays exploding, but if that is so, many other people are posting the stinger scene as the "blue ending, so it's confusing) since Shepard has a chance to live.

I just felt like I couldn't kill off my character only for the reapers to continue to live and justify their paradoxical thinking. So I figured, hell, if I'm gonna die I'm gonna die taking down the Reapers which was the mission since the beginning of the end of the first game.

TJsimulation

I picked the destroy ending kind of on accident in my first playthrough...then I realized it destroys the Geth and I was like: "But I got the truce between Quarians and Geth! What about the Geth helping boost Quarian immune systems!? Crap!"

Wasn't really listening to the boy when he was explaining the options so I don't know what the downside to controlling the Reapers is...

But when the little boy-ghost-thing said something like: "I control the Reapers." I was thinking "Oh...you control the Reapers? Then SHUT 'EM DOWN YOU LITTLE S***!!!"

...Where's that ending? :P

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rallydrifter

The boys argument for not just destroying the reapers is that if he did that then the cycle of " chaos " would continue.

Thing that annoys me about that is the fact that during this cycle, Shepard proved that synthetic can make peace with organics when it comes to the Geth and EDI.

Bioware just needs to come clean with this ending already.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

The boys argument for not just destroying the reapers is that if he did that then the cycle of " chaos " would continue.

Thing that annoys me about that is the fact that during this cycle, Shepard proved that synthetic can make peace with organics when it comes to the Geth and EDI.

rallydrifter
The ending is riddled with problems, not to mention it negates everything you did previously.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 majinstrings

rallydrifter

Oh...well then I guess the Control Ending gets my vote...

TJsimulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TJsimulation
[QUOTE="TJsimulation"]

majinstrings

I picked the destroy ending kind of on accident in my first playthrough...then I realized it destroys the Geth and I was like: "But I got the truce between Quarians and Geth! What about the Geth helping boost Quarian immune systems!? Crap!"

Wasn't really listening to the boy when he was explaining the options so I don't know what the downside to controlling the Reapers is...

But when the little boy-ghost-thing said something like: "I control the Reapers." I was thinking "Oh...you control the Reapers? Then SHUT 'EM DOWN YOU LITTLE S***!!!"

...Where's that ending? :P

I just think they hit everyone with some much emotional heartbreaking crap at once the catharsis put us into a state of shock unable to understand or comprehend what happens at the end. I know when I got there I heard him, but right after he told me the options and said "you must choose" I was like "CRAP" and paused the game for about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the hell I was gonna do. Well, aside from the ending, everything else about Mass Effect 3 was pretty good. I miss the sidequest style of ME2 but other than that it was fun. And I liked how you didn't have to bring squad members with you in a party on the citadel. Made getting in and getting out easier. If I make up my own ending and fill in the plotholes with happy thoughts and possibilities that Shepard is reuinted with his love interest after that sharp inhale because he survived and crashed on the planet they're on or something, then I feel better. Then I see posts about the ending and remember the pain and I get frustrated and worked up all over again. ROFL.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IndianaJones414

Guys, guys, I know many of you have been upset by the endings of Mass Effect 3, but if you guys realize, what makes you guys think these are are the real endings to Mass Effect 3, I think Bioware did this on purpose for the sake of more DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnituXXEGA&feature=related

Look at this video, because it does seem to make a lot of sense and gave me something to really think about. So guys calm down, about the "endings" of Mass Effect 3.

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"]

majinstrings

Ah, of course...I forgot about the Normandy's Reaper tech...

And it sucks that you can't get 5000 Readiness Rating without MP...I finished the story before playing MP and I had less than 4000 Readiness...I tried doing everything I could to get all the War Assets I could and still only had 3000-something...

I can't believe Bioware would make the game so you had to play MP to get the maximum Readiness Rating...unless they plan on making it possible with future DLC...which still sucks for people who can't take their game online :(

3600 is as high as I could get it. I just have to hope they release the whole collection one day.

You're probably right about DLC.

bjorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bjorta
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

After playing all the ME game, ranking this last episode up til the end as one of the best game I have ever played... the ending just makes me sad... so unfulfilling... almost with a sour taste in my mouth

I have played all DLCs but after this I totally lack the urge to take Shepard's story any further...

so.... which ending? I could't care less cuz they are pretty much the same and no matter what choices I have made after 200hrs makes any different.  

bjorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bjorta
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

,,,meaning..

Guys, guys, I know many of you have been upset by the endings of Mass Effect 3, but if you guys realize, what makes you guys think these are are the real endings to Mass Effect 3, I think Bioware did this on purpose for the sake of more DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnituXXEGA&feature=related

Look at this video, because it does seem to make a lot of sense and gave me something to really think about. So guys calm down, about the "endings" of Mass Effect 3.

IndianaJones414

I have no urge at all to buy more DLC... feels meaningless.. 

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 majinstrings

After playing all the ME game, ranking this last episode up til the end as one of the best game I have ever played... the ending just makes me sad... so unfulfilling... almost with a sour taste in my mouth

I have played all DLCs but after this I totally lack the urge to take Shepard's story any further...

so.... which ending? I could't care less cuz they are pretty much the same and no matter what choices I have made after 200hrs makes any different.

bjorta

Same here...

While playing the story I was thinking"I can't wait to start my next playthrough"

It was my favorite Mass Effect game...until I reached the end...

When I was doing the last mission I was thinking "I'm going to start my next playthrough as soon as I wake up tomorrow."

But once the end credits rolled, I was so disappointed...it's been a week and I still haven't really started a 2nd playthrough...

With Mass Effect 2, I was starting a new playthrough about every 3 days...with ME3, I'm just not as inspired to go through all that again...

Very unfortunate...

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

That ending was just... ugh... it was very nice and all but in terms of an actual conclusion, hell no. I refuse to believe this is the real ending.

The main reason of course is that it makes everything in the trilogy completely irrelevant seeing as the Reapers are the good guys. Why the hell didn't the Reapers just be all friendly about it and explain the situation to the galaxy? Why wouldn't organics want to ascend to a higher plane of existance? The galaxy already has an example of synthetics rebelling against organics, so if the Reapers explain nicely, why wouldn't organics understand? It makes no sense.

As a part of that, none of our choices matter. Why give us all these things to decide upon when they make next to no difference in the end? Who cares about all this "Take Earth Back" bull when we dont even get to see Earth after it's all over? Would seeing Earth and all other places even make a difference seeing as the relays are destroyed? Why throw us back to square one after so much advancement? No sense...

Also, why is it that we spend so much time trying to figure out Mass Effect technology and we never get an answer? The only real thing that we can gather from ME3, is that from sheer, inexplicable derpiness, the Reapers somehow left an immense flaw, vulnerability, weakness in Mass Effect tech that they had a whopping 37+ million years to analyse and fix. The Reapers are far more intelligent than any being ever born, so how is it that this weakness gets so easily exploited?

Anyway, enough on how it wouldn't make sense if it really is the real ending. How about why it definitely isn't the real ending?

There are actually two instances where it can be said that Shepard gets knocked out and that everything afterwards is just the imagination. One is when Shepard gets a good ol' dose of Harbinger's lasers, and the other is when Shepard finishes dealing with the Illusive Man, who as a matter of fact messes with his mind.

Why is it all a dream afterwards, well...

The child is present is Shepard's nightmares after Shepard sees him die on Earth. Why would the Citadel take the child's form if it doesn't wish to intimidate or scare Shepard? In reality, Shepard would obviously be more curious to find out what the Citadel really looks like instead of looking at things from a nightmare.

Secondly, why would the Citadel even want to take Shepard to make the choice, considering that it knows what the problem is, and is more than capable of dealing with it. Why the hell would it want to assist Shepard in the choice at all? Further construction of the Crucible in later cycles can simply be prevented by doing more thorough scans for data archives left behind by previous harvests. 

Also, after seeing the Shepard Lives ending, it's clear that he's buried in cement rubble. The Citadel has no cement structures and it wouldn't be possible for Shepard to survive re-entry considering that the Citadel breaks apart and he's missing half his suit. The lack of Reaper guards inside the Citadel also adds on to show that it is most likely that Shepard blacked out after getting hit by Harbinger and started dreaming. 

Anyway, sorry if some bits dont make sense, I'll probably come up with slightly better stuff to say tomorrow :P

Let's hope BioWare is serious about that real ending DLC, and that it really is real

/Rant

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rallydrifter

I still love this game and Bioware, but to me its obvious that Bioware did something wrong to have been able to piss off all of the hardcore ME fans.

They totally should have seen this coming and the fact that they still released this ending I think means that they have had plans all along to do ending dlc.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 majinstrings

Ugh...I can't believe Bioware would save the real ending for DLC...but I can totally believe EA would :evil:

Either way, it's bad...either the real end is what we saw on the disc or we have to pay extra for the ending :evil:

...Although, if the 'True Ending' DLC is free, I'll be shocked as hell! Happy but shocked...it would still suck for people who can't take their consoles online, though...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IndianaJones414
I don't think this ending in ME3 was the "real" ending for Mass Effect 3, I think it was just a possible ending for ME3, because think about it, why would Shepard be back Earth if you managed have it where he lives. He supposedly died on the Citadel, but he awakes back on Earth. I think its a strong possibility that this ending was nothing more than a dream sequence. I think Bioware did this on purpose, just to have an excuse to release more DLC, that will contain the true ending.
TJsimulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TJsimulation

That ending was just... ugh... Let's hope BioWare is serious about that real ending DLC, and that it really is real

/Rant

N7v1K0
@N7v1K0 I totally agree with you. I hated the plotholes, barely and closure and the inconsistency. Joker somehow fleeing with two of my squadmates who were on earth with the rest of us...including 1 of them who was with me when I got laser raped by Harbinger... But the biggest paradox...is how the Reapers think... This picture basically sums it up... http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s320x320/427053_10150714804180166_541150165_11684993_197462504_n.jpg Some more ending humor just for extra measure. http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/267687-mass-effect-3-endings-reception http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/267863-mass-effect-3-endings-reception http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/267831-mass-effect-3-endings-reception
KennyYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 KennyYoung
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts
I loved the game up right up until you and all the soldiers are charging towards the beam, everything after that just confuses me. Like Shep passes out and a magic elevator takes him to secret spot of the citadel, followed by the catalyst being the ghost of that kid, pretty poor explanations of your choices (most of them being similar), and having about no chance of saving shepperd. Plus they didnt really explain where the reapers/mass relays came from and there was no final confrontation with harbinger even though its implied that he is the Boss Reaper. Good game just expected more from the ending
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Falcon084

There are slight differences in the endings. If you look closely in the Synthesis Ending Joker has electronic eyes.

BTW I just watched the ending again and I wondered if the old man was telling the kid the story about Shepard; Does that mean he told him all the swaring, and sex scenes? :P

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 majinstrings

There are slight differences in the endings. If you look closely in the Synthesis Ending Joker has electronic eyes.

BTW I just watched the ending again and I wondered if the old man was telling the kid the story about Shepard; Does that mean he told him all the swaring, and sex scenes? :P

Falcon084

:lol: I was thinking the same thing after seeing that...

"Jeez, grapms...did you really tell your grandson about what Shepard and Jack did down in the hold!?":lol:

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IndianaJones414

I think we are going to get a true ending, I think Bioware wanted to do to have an excuse to release more DLC for the game. I bet they are going to release a bit of DLC for the true ending of Mass Effect 3 in a month or 2. When theing thinking about that, I think that was a really smart choice on Bioware's part because they do know that we are going to buy that DLC to actually want to see the real ending of Mass Effect 3.

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Falcon084

ME3 ENDING NEWS

The Mass Effect 3 Ending Backlash Continues To Gain Steam

Mass Effect 3 DLC 'The Truth' Due In April - IF THIS IS TRUE I'M GOING TO SCREAM!

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Falcon084

I've been thinking. I the eapers live in Darkspace and the weapon only destroyed the Reapers in our Gallaxy. Could that mean that there might be some left?

After all not all the Reapers might have attacked some may have been left in Darkspace, and the kid at the end did say history would repeat it's self. Also the are an infinite amount of Galaxies did the cycle happen there too. I could go on but i might confuse myself :P

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Falcon084

Anyone else think this is stupid? :P

Complaints With FTC And Better Business Bureau

United States International Trade Commission seal.PNG

siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 siarhei
Member since 2008 • 2971 Posts

rallydrifter

The ending(s) are pretty bad. I just finished game yesterday, and this sums up my feelings:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/Â