IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts

What they possibly do is try not to think of it as video game adaption, but think of it as a project for another sci-fi movie. The games themselves produce enough material to actually push for a great movie. I know that movies that werre adapted from video games dont have the best track record for making great movies, but I can actually name some movies that were actually pretty good:

Resident Evil/Resident Evil: Apocolyspe
Silent Hill
Mortal Kombat

To me it would depend on the director(s), actors and producer(s) and screenwriters on how they are going to go about doing this movie.

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

What they possibly do is try not to think of it as video game adaption, but think of it as a project for another sci-fi movie. The games themselves produce enough material to actually push for a great movie. I know that movies that werre adapted from video games dont have the best track record for making great movies, but I can actually name some movies that were actually pretty good:

Resident Evil/Resident Evil: Apocolyspe
Silent Hill
Mortal Kombat

To me it would depend on the director(s), actors and producer(s) and screenwriters on how they are going to go about doing this movie.

IndianaJones414

I love that Resident Evil followed someone other than Chris Redfield. I've never been a fan... But Milla Jovovich and Sienna Guillory... Whew!

-Ahem- But yes, they were good films. And as was Silent Hill. The strong female lead seems to be a favourite... (hint hint, Mass Effect movie producers)

Oh also, Indy, did you know they made a Mortal Kombat TV series? I've got two seasons of it... Quite dreadful, but so good at the same time. 80's-90's animation ftw. 

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 IndianaJones414
That is also a really good point, caity. I think that Mass Effect has enough plot points to make a movie about it. The games really seem like it could be turned into a great movie, as long they have a really awesome director and cast.
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#54 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
I found it interesting that you said the Mortal Kombat movie was good, I thought it was decent but then again I kinda got dragged down in how bad the effects were. Also, those resident evil movies and mortal kombat were made by the same person. I also thought that the Tomb Raider movies and the DOA movie were decent, although DOA was more just cause I liked the martial arts. As long as Bioware is involved with the writing and the whole process I think a Mass Effect movie could turn out really well.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 IndianaJones414
Agreed, I think Bioware, should have some involvment in the writing of the movie.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lightning__Evil
Heck, I think Bioware should write the screenplay, and produce it so they have a hand in choosing the actors.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 IndianaJones414
I wouldnt go that far, video game developing is a lot different developing a movie.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lightning__Evil
True, but I think if Bioware wanted to master movies the same way they've been doing so well with games then they could pull it off.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I enjoyed the Mortal Kombat, and Resident Evil movies, and I actually didn't think that the recent Prince of Persia movie was too bad either
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 IndianaJones414

I wonder who they can get to be a director for this movie.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lightning__Evil

As far as the Prince of Persia movie goes, I thought it was alright, not fantastic or anything but an ok movie, and a decent video game movie at that.

Who could direct this? I'm not sure, considering its a space epic possibly Ridley Scott or James Cameron might not be a bad choice of course there is always Christopher Nolan or Peter Jackson. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 IndianaJones414
Those are some good choices for directors, they could also go with Sam Raimi and Steven Speilberg.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lightning__Evil
Those are pretty good choices as well but I personally am not sure if they could capture everything in ME like the message, epicness, and necessary futuristic tone and atmosphere.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 IndianaJones414
I think James Cameron may be the best choice, he is done a lot great films.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Lightning__Evil
Heck, he did the first two Terminaotr, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar; basically the majority of his movies have been very well received but I doubt that he'd make the Mass Effect movie only because he normally likes making movies based off his own concepts and he is starting production and filming on Avatar 2 and 3 in early 2012 so I think he'll be busy for quite a while.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 IndianaJones414
That is true about James Cameron, but what Christopher Nolan?
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lightning__Evil
He might be free once he finishes the current batman flick. He'd be good as a director but at the same time I'm pretty sure he's never done a sci-fi before, that could be a concern.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 IndianaJones414
What about Inception, he did that movie.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Lightning__Evil
But that wasn't like sci-fi in terms of what was shown in the movie. Everything in Inception still looked like stuff in our current time. Mass Effect would either need a lot of futristic sets or green screen computer animation in order to look real and thats what I'm saying I don't think he has a lot of experience doing. He certainly knows how to make a good movie though.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 IndianaJones414
Yeah that is true, Christopher Nolan doesnt like working with that or CGI a whole lot. The director is going to have take ideas from both Star Wars and Star Trek, along with ideas from Fifth Element.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Lightning__Evil
I agree with that, as long as it isn't the director of the fifth element. Don't get me wrong, I love that movie, but the effects in that move weren't quite up to snuff, even for the effects in that time.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 IndianaJones414
I doubt the direct from Fifth Element would be the one, but I think certain elements from Fifth Element would have to be present in a Mass Effect movie since Fifth was also a futuristic type movie.
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

George Lucas anyone? lol

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 IndianaJones414
George Lucas would make a good candidate, but I think he would try to make it to much like Star Wars.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lightning__Evil
Agreed that it would be too much like star wars then. I get that some elements from fifth would reoccur do to the sci-fi nature, I'm just saying that fifth didn't have that great of effects even for the time in which the movie was made, what 97? The effects in mass effect need to be top of the line awesomeness.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 IndianaJones414

Your right, some of the effects from Fifth Element could be rather corny, but I am not saying they should just copy Fifth Element completely, all they could do is just borrow certain ideas from it.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Lightning__Evil
Thats true enough, Mass Effect seems to fall somewhere between the fifth element and star wars in terms of sci-fi style.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 IndianaJones414

Actually I was thinking that Mass Effect seems a lot more like Star Trek than Star Wars.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Lightning__Evil
That is also very true, but when you think about it, those two are kinda like betas of Star Wars because star wars is after all the exploration is finished and all the universes species have co-existed more or less for several hundred years. Both star trek and mass effect are still in those early stages of exploration and starting to establish themselves as a race in the universe.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

What about Danny Boyle? 
He directed Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, Sunshine, and that new one starring James Franco, 127 Hours.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 IndianaJones414
Maybe, but I think it should be a good director, what about Michael Bay?
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Lightning__Evil
He's good with action but his plot lines aren't the best and personally I found his most recent film, Transformer 3, to be a major disappointment.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 IndianaJones414

Michael Bay may not work out as a director. I just want a really great director, with a great cast.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

Best director for the Mass Effect movie: Uwe Boll!

!!!I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH - THAT WAS A JOKE!!!

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lightning__Evil

I hope so, I haven't seen a single good film by him. Given that I forced myself to sit through the first bloodrayne film by him and I turned off Alone in the Dark after about 8 minutes cause it was horrible.

Some people may not like this but what about Paul W.S. Anderson. He's done or been apart of film adaptations for Resident Evil, Mortal Combat, and Dead or Alive; plus he's had sci-fi experience with Alien vs Predator and Pandorum. Also, did Death Race remake, that had decent action. Currently making the fifth Resident Evil film and his most recent film The Three Musketeers hits theaters next friday. I think he might work. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 IndianaJones414
I thought he ruined Alien vs Predator, IMO.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lightning__Evil
I liked AVP personally, it showed the human side of the fight between the aliens and predators. Plus, its much better than AVP2, watch that and then tell me which is worse cause AVP2 was awful, also, Paul had no part in the sequel.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 IndianaJones414
I liked AVP 2 better because it was more violent and it was rated R, i hated the fact they dropped AVP down to pg-13, when the original stories from the Predator franchise and Alien franchise were all rated R.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Lightning__Evil
I agree that the rating should be R but I thought the production and portrayal of AVP2 was poorly done. Plus, the plot was a complete rip off of the second Resident Evil movie. Outbreak, containment, nuke. It felt like the cheaper version of that movie with aliens instead of zombies to me.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 IndianaJones414
Yeah, I agree, but I do think that every great director is entitled to make one or two bad movies. Same goes for actors. I think the director who should do it for Mass Effect has to be someone who is known for doing sci-fi type movies.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Lightning__Evil
Thats true, at the same time though it doesn't seem like there are that many directors now a days.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 IndianaJones414

What about J.J. Abraham, the guy who did the 2009 Star Trek movie, he seems like he could do a good Mass Effect movie.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Lightning__Evil
He might be a contender, after all, he was also the creator/producer behind Alias, Lost, and Fringe on TV. Most of those shows had intricate plots or had sci-fi influences. The only problem I think we might have with him is that like Christopher Nolan, he prefers to create or do his own adaptaion of something else but then again if he did the Mass Effect movie I think it would come out pretty good.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 IndianaJones414

I thought he did a really great job with the 2009 Star Trek movie.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Lightning__Evil
He really did plus I'm a die hard fan of both Alias and Fringe so I would be fine with him making the movie. I wish we had more updates about it. Heck, I follow or track news on Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and Mass Effect and it seems like there is never anything about the mass effect movie in the news, but there is like some kind of news update for Resident Evil movie that Milla tweets, I guess those movies have kinda already been established though.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 IndianaJones414
It took a while for Resident Evil to come out, it will probably take a long time for Mass Effect to come out too.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Lightning__Evil

I don't think RE took that long, the first game was 96, mainstream success with RE2 in 98, and the first movie was released in 02. Plus RE kinda set a game standard for survival horror with the first and another standard with RE4 but I digress.

Mass Effect was 07 so depending on how you compare it to RE we should see a Mass Effect film between 13 and 15, if it has either a 6 or 8 year gap like RE that is. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 IndianaJones414
I could probably see a Mass Effect movie coming out sometime in 2013 or so, or as late as 2015. Another thing they could possibly do is a CGI based film, like they did with Final Fantasy.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Lightning__Evil
From what I heard they currently I working on the live action film and an anime type of film or series. Of course when I say working on I mean intended and might someday come out.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 IndianaJones414
I don't think they work on a "animated" type movie, but more CGI kind of movie, just like they did with Final Fantasy, and they could even use the voice actors from the game to do the voice roles.