Witcher 3's Next Patch, Which Will Fix XP Bug, "Definitely Not" Coming Today
But it should arrive "very soon."
"Definitely not today. That's all I can say for now," community lead Marcin Momot said on Twitter to a fan who asked when the patch would be deployed.
He went on to say the patch should be released "very soon," explaining that it's taking a little while due to the scope of the changes and fixes that it will include.
"This patch is very large (lots of changes/fixes)," he said. "We are hoping to release it very soon."
The forthcoming Witcher 3 patch is called 1.05 for PC and 1.04 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Some of the most-requested changes and fixes are listed below, but be aware that the final changelog has not been published yet.
When the patch is ready, it will presumably be released on PC first before coming to consoles later. This has been true for all Witcher 3 patches released so far.
Witcher 3 1.04/1.05
- Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive element
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch