Here's What Future Witcher 3 Updates Will Change and Fix
1.04/1.05 will address the XP bug, the hard-to-read text issue, and make general performance improvements.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red has published partial patch notes for the game's upcoming 1.04/1.05 update, outlining various tweaks, changes, and fixes coming to the open-world RPG.
The update will include a fix for the XP bug that first came to light last week, along with "significantly enlarged" GUI and HUD elements, including fonts, to resolve the game's small, hard-to-read text issue.
Also included are "general stability and performance improvements." And you may be happy to learn that Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests, which I've found to be somewhat annoying.
The list below represents only the "most requested changes" and not everything that will be included with 1.04 (console) /1.05 (PC).
And looking beyond 1.04/1.05, CD Projekt Red said it has "a lot more fixes on the way," though none were named outright.
Witcher 3 1.04/1.05
- Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive element
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.