Watch the Trailer for Singstar Dev's PlayStation VR Worlds
New game will include London Heist, Into The Deep, VR Luge, Danger Ball, Scavenger’s Odyssey in one package.
Sony Computer Entertainment London Studio, the team behind Singstar, Wonderbook, and The Playroom, has put together a collection of five virtual reality games that will be available in a package called PlayStation VR Worlds.
"PlayStation VR Worlds is a collection of five different VR experiences that have all been built from the ground up exclusively for the PS VR headset," explained Brynley Gibson, executive producer at SCE London Studio.
"When we started out to make this game we wanted to create the very best collection of varied experiences, each to showcase VR in different ways and show how incredible VR can be as a media."
The games include The London Heist, Into The Deep, VR Luge, Danger Ball, and Scavenger's Odyssey. Details on each game can be found below, courtesy of the PlayStation Blog.
- The London Heist puts you straight into a gritty gangland thriller where you get to unleash your inner gangster. The London Heist is best controlled by dual PS Move controllers but you can also play with a DualShock 4 instead with intuitive controls that make it surprisingly easy to pick up and play. You will feel highly immersed as you undertake an audacious robbery and then try to make your escape.
- Into The Deep (working title) puts you to work as a deep sea salvor. It’s an emotional underwater roller coaster. Not only do you get to see fantastic marine life all around you but as you descend through the ocean layers to the inky depths you will experience the true terror of something going horribly wrong.
- VR Luge lets you step into the jumpsuit of an illegal street racer. Thunder down a beautiful Californian hillside, only inches off the ground in a position that only VR can put you in. You will truly feel the exhilaration as you dodge cars coming at you with horns blaring or when you slide underneath a massive 18-wheel truck.
- Danger Ball is a futuristic sport where you must win or die. Use your head to strike and spin the ball in this intense, fast paced, game. Each rival has unique abilities to use against you as you make your way through the tournament to become champion.
- Scavenger’s Odyssey is a cab based sci-fi adventure you play an alien treasure hunter. With your agile craft you can leap huge distances, climb walls, hurl debris with your Scavenger beam, and pummel alien critters with your twin pulse cannons. With your unique vehicle you will be able to make your way through a dangerous, infested environment of giant ravaged ships, smashing asteroids to reach an ancient and legendary artifact.
Sony has said it will reveal more about the package, and the games within it, in the future.
At its GDC press conference, Sony confirmed the PlayStation VR's price and release date. Although the headset starts at $350/€399/£349, this price doesn't include PlayStation Move controllers (DualShock 4 can also be used) or the necessary PlayStation Camera.
The base PlayStation VR package includes the headset, a processor unit and a series of cables, including HDMI and USB, among others.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org