Watch A Trailer For Sonic's Home Video Bonus Features, Including Bloopers And Deleted Scenes
Sonic the Hedgehog is out now on home video; see a trailer for the deleted scenes and bloopers here.
After moving up its home video release date, the Sonic the Hedgehog movie is out now to help you stay occupied during the COVID-19 crisis.
In addition to the main movie itself, the home video release also includes a number of special bonuses and extras, including deleted scenes (one of which shows a PS2-quality baby sonic), a blooper reel, and director's commentary from Jeff Fowler and Sonic voice actor Ben Schwartz.
There is also a an interview segment called "For the Love of Sonic" in which Robotnik actor Jim Carrey and other members of the cast talk about the importance of Sonic in their lives. Another segment is focused specifically on Robotnik, with Carrey speaking about how he brought his character to life in what was one of his first blockbuster studio films in years.
Sonic the Hedgehog will release on Blu-ray and DVD on May 19, which is also when the film will be available to rent. People who buy the physical edition of Sonic will also get a new comic book that tells the story of Sonic and the amazingly-named Donut Lord.
Below is a full rundown of what's available in the Sonic the Hedgehog home video version. You can check out the trailer above to see a teaser of the bonus features, and be sure to have a look at our rundown of where you can buy Sonic on home video right now.
Sonic the Hedgehog Home Video Bonus Features
- Commentary by director Jeff Fowler and the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwartz
- Around the World in 80 Seconds—See Sonic’s next adventure!
- Deleted Scenes—Director Jeff Fowler introduces deleted scenes
- Bloopers—Laugh along with Jim Carrey and the cast
- “Speed Me Up” Music Video
- For the Love of Sonic—Jim Carrey and the cast discuss what Sonic the Hedgehog means to them
- Building Robotnik with Jim Carrey—See Jim Carrey bring supervillain Dr. Robotnik to life
- The Blue Blur: Origins of Sonic—Explore the origins of the legendary Blue Blur
- Sonic On Set—Visit the set with the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwartz
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation