Valorant 2.02 Patch Notes Are Live Now
Riot's FPS is getting changes to rifle movement accuracy and Competitive mode, along with the usual bug fixes.
The 2.02 patch for Valorant aims to start the process of fixing running accuracy, along with shifts to the Competitive system to help ensure players are reaching the proper rank faster while stabilizing the battle for top ranks.
One of the first things the patch is touching up is rifle movement accuracy. All rifles now have a much higher amount of error when moving and shooting. This is to help combat the sensation of running kills gained using rifles, and will make getting kills with rifles while moving more difficult (but not impossible if you can get close enough).
As far as changes to Competitive mode go, there are a few . Up first is the MMR to Rank Convergence increase, which will increase your Rank Rating (RR) if your MMR isn't equal to your rank faster. This change should also lead to fewer RR losses per loss as well, and will hopefully help players reach the rank that suits them best in fewer games. Additionally, this patch is introducing a performance bonus for players from Iron to Diamond, which will reward players who perform exceptionally well in a match. The in-game matchmaker has a notion of how it can expect you to play, so if you surpass those expectations you'll be getting some extra RR.To make sure players can't just 5-stack their way to the top, Diamond 3 is now being converted to Solo/Duo. This alongside the changes to Convergence will reduce the total number of games that 5-stacks can play together before being forced into Solo/Duo.
Valorant 2.02 Patch Notes
- Running Error across rifles increased 3.75 >>> 5.0
- Walking Error across rifles increased .8 >>> 1.1
- Crouch-moving Error across rifles increased .3 >>> .8
- Increased the effectiveness or Rank Rating convergence: players will now converge to their match making rating (MMR) faster, requiring less games to prove their rank
- This will make it so players get to the rank they deserve in fewer matches.
- This will help everyone get to a rank/Leaderboard Rank that best illustrates their skill more quickly. We wanted to be a little conservative launching the new ranked system, but believe in some cases you were having to play too many games to reach your intended rank. By doubling the effectiveness of convergence, players on the extreme ends might see 40+ Ranked Rating gains, pushing them to their proper rank faster.
- Players Iron through Diamond who perform exceptionally well in a match (weighed against their own average performance) will gain bonus Rank Rating
- We want to reward players that “pop-off” in a match, performing above expectations.
- This will help highlight those matches where you “outclassed” your average performance. In turn, you will rank up just a little faster, and be rewarded for games where you kill it. Remember, this is you doing better than your average, not you doing better than your teammates or opponents.
- Consider this another system that helps combat the smurfs who do real well in a game. They will now more quickly rank up so that their rank better reflects their skill (along with getting put into higher skilled matches).
- Changed Diamond 3 to a premade size capped at 2 players
- We needed “proving grounds” before getting into Immortal, and this should prepare players for the leaderboard and create a 5-stack buffer before Immortal.
- While we value and want to support those of you able to play and compete with your friends as much as possible, we also want to ensure there is a high degree of trust and competitive integrity for players who make it onto the Leaderboard.
- We want to maintain the prestige of Immortal+, and believe we need a small buffer to ensure players are proving their skill before getting into Immortal. This will prevent 5-stacking just before Immortal, and prepare Diamond 3 players for what they are about to get into. Diamond 3 will essentially become the final proving grounds for Immortal+.
- Your current leaderboard rank will now display on your Career: Act Rank tab. At the end of an Act, your final leaderboard rank will be preserved and displayed on the Act Rank Badge you earned.
- Added a rate limiter to the in-game weapon store to keep players from spamming purchases in quick succession, which caused a potential performance issue
- The rate limiting is lenient in most modes, but more strict in deathmatch.
- Fixed a bug where players could silently plant the spike (credit here)
- Fixed an issue where picking up weapons stacked on top of each other, resulted in attempts to pick up both
- Fixed a bug where the Chat Box would remain open in-game
- Fixed a bug where enemy messages would still appear in Deathmatch while the Mute All Enemies setting was enabled
- Fixed a bug where the queue restriction penalty did not always scale properly for players who queue dodged repeatedly
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Promotion screen to show for a shorter amount of time than intended
- Fixed a bug that was showing the wrong Immortal icon in some places
- Fixed various localization issues that made it hard to read text in End of Game screen, Lobby, and Match History for some languages
- Fixed issue where various abilities did not work inside Brimstone and Jett’s smoke, even when they were visible to their target
- Fixed issue with Omen’s Shrouded Step targeting that caused it to get stuck on corners at a much greater distance
- Fixed issue where throwing Yoru’s Fakeout through a teleporter caused another projectile thrown afterward to play the Agent audio instead of the object audio
- Fixed Skye’s Seeker’s not being able to find enemies on the zipline platform on B-Site of Split
- Fixed Yoru getting stuck in various spots on maps when using Gatecrash
- Fixed Sova not playing a proper walk animation right after his Owl Drone ends
- Fixed issue where Omen could swap equipables right after selecting a map location for From the Shadows
- Fixed issue where Omen’s camera could become detached when using Dark Cover in poor networking conditions
- Fixed issue where the Spike could be planted on Sage’s wall on the sites on Icebox
- Reduced brightness on initial visuals when blinded from flashes