Unlock This Red Dead Redemption 2 Weapon By Playing GTA 5
GTA and RDR continue to cross-promote each other.
The excitement for Red Dead Redemption 2 is growing greater, as a ton of new information has been unveiled ahead of its release next month. Meanwhile, Rockstar recently released a second cross-promotion weapon--the Stone Hatchet--that's unlockable in both Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2. The weapon was originally uncovered by the Guru Team, who discovered the weapon while datamining in GTA 5. If you want the Stone Hatchet in RDR2, you'll have to earn it by playing GTA Online.
The Stone Hatchet is unlocked in GTA Online after completing a series of bounties for Maude Eccles. The next time you jump into GTA Online, be on the lookout for a text message from Maude. Retrieve all the bounties--dead or alive, it doesn't matter--and you'll earn the Stone Hatchet, along with a new Kills Challenge. Completing the challenge nets you a $250,000 in-game bonus and unlocks the Stone Hatchet in RDR2.
If you missed out on unlocking the Double-Action Revolver in GTA Online last year, you have another chance coming up. According to Rockstar, an in-game email that describes how to unlock the weapon "will soon reappear" in GTA Online. Once you do earn the Double-Action Revolver, completing its Headshot Challenge nabs you a $250,000 in-game bonus and unlocks the firearm in RDR2.
GTA Online is the online multiplayer component of Grand Theft Auto 5, which is available for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, and PC. Red Dead Redemption 2 is launching for Xbox One and PS4 on October 26, but its online component--Red Dead Online--won't debut until November, when it releases in the form of a beta.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com