Unfinished Left 4 Dead Campaign Level Released for Free
There's no Left 4 Dead 3 in sight, but fans of the zombie shooter franchise can now play something new for the series. As PC Gamer reports, developer Turtle Rock has released the unfinished Left 4 Dead campaign, "Dam It," for free for people who own the game. In the Turtle Rock forums, co-founder Chris Ashton, posted a link to the third-party source where you can download the campaign right now.
This campaign was never finished. It includes a "couple" Survival maps that never came out. Overall, it "stitches together" the game's Dead Air and Blood Harvest campaigns.
You can download the campaign here--as always be careful when downloading anything from the internet. There are two ways to do that:
- Automatic Install: unzip .vpk file and double click to launch.
- Manual Install: unzip .vpk file and copy to Left 4 Dead 'addons' folder.
There are a handful of known issues to be aware of as well.
- Fire, smoke and explosions do not trigger panic events in the hangars.
- Zombies do not crawl all the time in the orchard.
- Farm house mob does not spawn in the far side of the woods.
- Covered bridge does not collapse with explosions.
- Burned forest area is missing wandering fires.
Turtle Rock's latest game is Evolve, which the studio stopped working on last month. The game's servers are staying online, but are now operated by 2K Games, whose parent company--Take-Two--owns the Evolve franchise.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com