Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month -- June 2020
New games are arriving by land, sea, and air.
This episode of New Releases is taking an overall look at June, and the new month is bookended by free-to-play games. Riot Games' Valorant is leaving beta for its full release as the month begins, and the cartoony Ninjala arrives as the month wraps up. June also brings us two major remasters: SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated and the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection. Last but certainly not least, the long-anticipated Last of Us Part 2 is finally launching soon.
Valorant -- June 2
Available on: PC
The beta is over by the time you're reading this, but Valorant will be free-to-play for everyone soon. The team shooter pits attackers and defenders each other in a series of rounds, and each characters' unique abilities can totally turn the tide of battle. It's also important to note that ranks will reset for the full launch, so any beta progress you might have won't carry over.
- Valorant Launch Date Announcement Trailer
- Valorant Devs Give Update On How Vanguard Anti-Cheat Will Work Post-Release
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection -- June 5
Available on: PC
This collection includes remasters of the original Command & Conquer and Red Alert, both of which let you toggle between the retro and upgraded visuals. They also include updated FMV cinematics, music, and UI. The C&C series has always been competitive, and you can jump into online multiplayer with new custom lobbies.
- Command And Conquer Remastered Upscales The Iconic Original FMV Cutscenes
- Command And Conquer Remastered Features Re-Recorded Audio After EA Loses Tapes
The Last of Us Part II -- June 19
Available on: PS4
There's not much to say about The Last of Us Part 2, and not just because the game has been largely kept under wraps. We know that it focuses on a revenge-seeking Ellie, and you should expect a mix of nail-biting stealth, brutal combat, and deep weapon crafting and customization. Ellie also has new traversal options up her sleeve for exploring the game's variety of environments.
- The Last Of Us 2 PS4 Pre-Order Guide: Special Editions, Release Date, Pre-Order Bonuses, And More
- The Last Of Us Part 2's State Of Play: Brutal Combat And Other Gameplay Details
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated -- June 23
Available on: PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
This remaster of the original Battle for Bikini Bottom doesn't just look better--it also includes includes content cut from the original game. You can even play an all-new multiplayer mode with both cooperative and competitive modes. PS4 Pro and Xbox One X owners can see the sponge in shiny 4K resolution too.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated's Boss Fight Trailer Makes Us Nostalgic
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom Pre-Order Guide--$300 Collector's Edition, Release Date, And More
Ninjala -- June 24
Available on: Switch
Ninjala pits eight players against each other, either in teams or in a free-for-all battle royale. Each ninja can battle their opponents using ninjutsu and special weapons as they run up walls and leap around the battlefield. Take out your rivals to score points--you'll get a bonus for using your ninja skills to get a knockout.
- Switch Exclusive Ninjala Has Been Delayed, Now Coming This Summer
- Free-To-Play Switch Exclusive Ninjala Has An Animated Show
June is only just getting started, and the month has plenty more video games to come. Before the flood of original new games starts, you'll get a chance to revisit some games you might have missed the first time around. Next week, New Releases will take a look at ports of Project Warlock and Samurai Shodown.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com