Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 9.0.1 Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
Nintendo has released a new patch for the Switch fighting game, and it fixes numerous bugs involving Minecraft's Steve.
Nintendo has rolled out a new patch for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The game's 9.0.1 update officially went live on Wednesday, October 21, and it resolves numerous issues involving the latest DLC character, Steve (and Alex) from Minecraft.
According to the patch notes Nintendo shared on its support website, the 9.0.1 update primarily fixes issues caused by Steve's blocks and moves, such as the bug that caused players to fall through the stage when they destroyed a block that was created in certain locations. Although it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, the update also changes Steve's...unseemly victory pose.
Smash Bros. Ultimate's 9.0 update arrived last week. Along with various balance adjustments, that update introduced the aforementioned Steve to the game. The blocky fighter arrived alongside a brand-new stage, as well as a selection of Minecraft Spirits to unlock.
A new Ver. 9.0.1 of Super #SmashBrosUltimate will arrive tomorrow! This update will include fighter adjustments, meaning replay data from previous versions will be incompatible. Convert your replays by going to Vault -> Replays -> Replay Data -> Convert to Video, before updating. pic.twitter.com/vC4LmiJmp8— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) October 21, 2020
Steve is the second of six additional DLC characters planned for Smash Bros. Ultimate, following Min Min from Arms. Nintendo has not yet revealed the identities of the remaining four fighters. All six characters are included as part of the game's Fighters Pass Vol. 2, which costs $30 USD. Each DLC fighter can also be purchased individually for $6 USD apiece.
In other news, Nintendo is giving away another Smash Bros. Ultimate freebie for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. Those with a paid membership can claim the Vault Shopper Set 2 item bundle, which comes with 3,000 Gold and five Classic Tickets.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ver. 9.0.1 Patch Notes
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex's minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex's minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex's block once KO'd.
Nintendo Switch News & Announcements
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.