Street Fighter 5's Next Update Release Date, More Details Announced
Urien is almost here.
A new update for Street Fighter V is coming out this week that will add a new character and more features and content. In a blog post, Capcom confirmed the update will land on September 22 for PlayStation 4 and PC.
The new character is Urien, who can be purchased with Street Fighter V's in-game currency, Fight Money, or with real money. If you own the season pass, you can start playing with Urien right away. For lots more on Urien and his moves, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.
September 22's update also adds new daily targets that players can complete to earn Fight Money. Compete in a ranked match to earn 1,000 Fight Money, while you can pick up 500 Fight Money by participating in training mode. The Targets are only available for a limited time.
Additionally, the update adds a Versus CPU mode that lets you fight against the AI; you can assign the AI's difficulty to your liking. This was one of the features missing at launch that Capcom was criticized for.
Also included with the update are what's called Fighter Profiles, which showcase your stats.
Street Fighter V season pass-holders get costume colors 3-10 right away, while battle costumes for all DLC characters will become part of the season pass. On top of this, existing and future premium costumes will come with colors 3-10. If you already purchased premium costumes, you will also get those colors.
Going off that, Capcom will offer color bundles with the new Street Fighter V update, which can be purchased with Fight Money or real funds. Here is a rundown of the packages that will be available:
- All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM/$5
- All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 85k FM/$5
- All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM/$5
- All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM/$5
Capcom also teased that the update will add new environmental stage knockouts for a number of stages. "If you loved blasting other players through doors and dropping bowls of noodles on their heads, just wait until you see what we have in store with this update," the developer said.
The following stages are affected:
- Shadaloo Base
- Hillside Plaza
- Underground Arena
- Forgotten Waterfall
- Union Station
- Kanzuki Estate
- City in Chaos
- Apprentice Alley
- Lair of the Four Kings
Finally, the September 22 Street Fighter V update will make a series of bug fixes. For one, the update will fix a problem where there was an additional frame of lag when using a fight stick on PS4. Additionally, there was a problem where, in some circumstances, moves that hit opponents in standing states exclusively would miss, but this should be fixed in the update.
You can see a full rundown of the September 22 update bug fixes below.
- The issue which added an additional frame of lag to PlayStation 4 fight sticks on PlayStation 4 has been identified and patched. Now input time is unified across PlayStation 4, legacy controllers and PC.
- Juri's V-Reversal was unintentionally able to hit downed opponents under specific circumstances. Juri's V-Reversal was corrected so that it cannot hit downed opponents.
- Juri's invincibility during her V-Reversal was unintentionally short. This was corrected by setting the invincibility on Juri's V-Reversal to 14 frames after the hit box of the move disappears.
- When Ibuki was hit during a crouching fierce, she would unintentionally go into a standing state damage animation. This has been corrected so that when hit during a crouching fierce, Ibuki goes into a crouching state damage animation.
- The light version of Yoga Sunburst would fire regardless of whether the player was holding down punch or not. This has been corrected so that when the charge portion of L Yoga Sunburst is guarded, holding down LP will maintain the charge motion.
- When the tip of jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim's V-Skill, the Critical Art gauge would increase rather than the V-Gauge. This has been corrected so when a jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim's V-Skill, it now builds V-Gauge.
- When Dhalsim performs an airborne Yoga Teleport against an opponent on the edge of the screen and performs a jumping attack afterwards, the jumping attack would be performed in the opposite direction of the opponent. The directional determination after Dhalsim appears from an airborne Yoga Teleport has been corrected, making it more difficult for this to occur.
- Under certain circumstances, moves that only hit opponents in a standing state would unintentionally miss during certain standing states. This has been corrected. The hurtboxes on characters recovering from getting hit out of the air, allowing moves that are designed to hit standing characters to properly hit. Additionally throw attacks that normally miss on crouching characters will no longer be able to connect on characters recovering from getting hit out the air as they transition to a crouching state.
- After the attack frames of Birdie's jumping LK ended, Birdie’s hurtbox would unintentionally remain absent in his recovery frames until he landed. This has been corrected by setting a hurtbox to Birdie's jumping LK recovery frames, until he lands.
- Currently, the game counts a disconnect between the “Another fight is Coming Your Way” screen until you pass-through the results screen by selecting “find another match” or “exit to main menu”. The range a disconnect penalty will be assessed will be changed to be between from when “Another Fight is Coming Your Way” to after League Points (LP) and Fight Money (FM) have been calculated on the “Results” screen
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.