Sims 4 Patch Fixes Hibernating Babies, Grim Reaper Dating
EA deploys launch-day patch for just-released PC simulation game; full patch notes here.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
One issue cleared up through the patch is a bug that makes the game hang up after you've gone on a date with the Grim Reaper. "The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention," EA writes.
Another Sims 4 bug that the patch aims to fix is for an issue where "babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories."
You can see the full day-one patch notes for The Sims 4 below. The game launched today, and you can expect our review later this week.
Severe Issues / Crashes:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create A Sim that could occur after the you lock and unlock your computer.
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed an issue with "Shine on Men’s Suit," "Glitter and Abs," “Big Hat of Shame," "Star-Spangled Glasses," and the "Tiki Bar," not remembering their unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states.The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
- Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
- You can now exit Build Mode when not on your home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
- Game no longer hangs if you attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
- Splitting and merging households no longer results in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
- Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household die.
- Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mode from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create A Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow you to modify their face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects (via the shift + [,] cheat) that are shared to the Gallery will now remember their enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the your library
Eddie Makuch is a news editor at GameSpot, and you can follow him on Twitter @EddieMakuch