Sea Of Thieves Update Adds Cargo Runs; Here Are The Patch Notes
Grab it and run.
Rare has announced a new update for Sea of Thieves that adds a new type of quest to the action-adventure pirate simulation. Update 1.3.1 also patches some of the game's bugs and makes quality-of-life improvements.
The new type of quest is called Cargo Runs and completing them allows you to rank up in the Merchant Alliance. The mission parameters are relatively simple. After selecting a Cargo Run contract, you need to find the cargo in question, obtain it by whatever means you deem necessary, and take it to its destination. You're rated on speed and how well you handled the goods, so if you want the best possible reward, you'll need to travel as fast as you can while also being careful to not damage the cargo.
Update 1.3.1 makes several other changes to preexisting features and mechanics. The new Cargo Runs are now always included in Athena's Fortune voyages. From now on, rowboats will take more damage from Gunpowder Barrels, and you'll be able to push your rowboat if it happens to get stuck under an environmental obstacle. It's also much more worth your time to pursue Skeleton Ships, as the reward for defeating Skeleton Captain-led ships has doubled.
For the full Update 1.3.1 patch notes, including known issues that Rare is working, check out Sea of Thieves' main website. We've listed the major issues that Update 1.3.1 fixes below. Sea of Thieves is available for Xbox One and PC.
Sea of Thieves Update 1.3.1 Fixed Issues
- Rowboats now cast appropriate reflections in water.
- Rowboats no longer get damaged when detaching from a ship.
- Player sitting in the middle of the Rowboat can now see players sitting at the back of the Rowboat.
- Removed overlapping audio when rowing.
- Damaged Rowboats no longer appear pristine upon returning to them after venturing far away.
- Rowboats no longer inherit damage decals from other sources (such as damaged ships or shipwrecks) when in close vicinity.
- Looking as far left/right as possible whilst rowing a Rowboat will no longer result in the camera becoming occasionally unlocked and rotating 360 degrees.
- When placing larger items on the Rowboat, water splash VFX will no longer occur.
- Audio when rowing a Rowboat over large distances (especially the squeaking) is now less repetitive.
- Available titles now show up in the clothing shop on Morrow's Peak Outpost.
- Fixed issue with horizontal water planes being cut off whilst a ship is sinking.
- Players no longer get permanently drunk when migrating servers whilst holding the Chest of a Thousand Grogs.
- Players should no longer get an unfinishable riddle quest on Fetcher's Rest.
- Audio will no longer drop out when climbing the ladder onto a Brigantine.
- View Gamer Card option under Crew Settings will now respond correctly to a left mouse click.
- Geysers will no longer appear on top of chests.
- Flooding at the back of a Sloop will appear visually correct when sinking.
- The ocean will appear completely black when a Kraken encounter begins.
- Looking through the scope of an Eye of Reach will no longer trigger the sound effect multiple times.
- Upon loading into a session, the loading music will now commence as soon as the loading screen appears.
- Sailing away from your ship on a Rowboat will no longer cause a mermaid to spawn.
- The ocean will no longer appear separated from the sky when viewing the horizon from within a storm.
- The glow of the Kraken lantern will no longer appear too bright in HDR.
- Sail ropes will no longer appear disjointed from the sails when a player returns from the Ferry.
- There is no longer a gap at the bottom of the volcano on Devil’s Thirst.
- Collision has been corrected on the Devil’s Thirst volcano so players can no longer fall into the model.
- Player will no longer temporarily lose access to some ship barrels if their first banana, plank or cannonball of the session is washed up or given to them.
- Available titles now correctly appear in the clothing shop on Morrow's Peak Outpost.
- Titles will no longer incorrectly appear on Seaposts.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com