Rocket League's Next Patch Fixes These Issues
Psyonix outlines some of the problems that should be resolved soon.
Rocket League should be getting a new patch sometime in the next few days. While developer Psyonix hasn't yet offered a comprehensive list of patch notes, it has now detailed quite a few of the issues it says the update resolves.
Over on the official Rocket League website, you can find a new page listing the various known issues with the game. Many of these have fixes coming in patch 1.03, which Psyonix said on Twitter we can expect out early this week (barring any setbacks).
Among the issues being addressed in 1.03, according to the Rocket League website and Twitter account:
- Numerous crashes in the Steam version have been fixed.
- The news ticket should now work properly, rather than read, "You are offline, please connect to the Internet to get updated news!"
- AI bots' difficulty setting will be automatically matched to the average skill level of players in the game.
- Distance traveled will now be properly tracked in online games; currently the only way to get the trophy for driving 500 km requires you to play an offline AI game.
- The Virtuoso achievement on Steam will properly unlock.
- You'll see invisible cars while playing online less often.
- Main menu rendering is being improved, making your PS4's fans less likely to kick in while sitting at it. This may not be completely resolved, but you can find out one trick to fix things here.
The known issues page also mentions a few other problems that apparently won't be addressed in the 1.03 patch. This includes improving support for controllers on PC and latency when playing online. In the case of the latter, Psyonix recommends ensuring you choose to play on servers closest to your location.
With the patch due out soon, Psyonix will also soon release the first DLC for the game. In addition to a free new level, two new cars will also be released, concept renders of which you can see above.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org