Rainbow Six Siege Patch Y5S2.3 Live Now
The Y5S2.3 Update is live now on all platforms after being delayed on PC last week, and you can read the full patch notes below.
The latest patch for Rainbow Six Siege, Y5S2.3, is live now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The patch had been scheduled to go live on PC last week, but was delayed. The patch makes changes to Oryx, Fuze, and Gridlock.
The patch comes one day before the next Rainbow Six Siege event, MUTE Protocol, which features a limited-time mode where attackers can turn into recon drones and defenders can travel through cameras. The event also features limited-timed cosmetic packs.
🛠Scheduled Maintenance🛠— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) August 3, 2020
The Y5S2.3 patch will be deployed today on both consoles, 3rd August.
XB1: 9:00 EST / 13:00 UTC
PS4: 10:00 EST / 14:00 UTC
Estimated Downtime: 20 Minutes
Read the full 2.3 patch notes here: https://t.co/9BAsoBxJZI pic.twitter.com/kngq7m1l6k
Patch Y5S2.3 allows Oryx to dash through softwalls without using all of his dash charges, gives Fuze an additional charge for a total of four, and lowers deployment time for Gridlock's caltrop. You can read the full patch notes below or on Rainbow Six Siege's official website.
Y5S2.3 PATCH NOTES
- Some updates to the notifications system to help make future popups less spammy.
- After August 11, 2020, 2-Step Verification will be mandatory for ranked on PC in APAC. If you have not activated 2SV prior to this date you will be locked out of the Ranked queue until 2SV is activated on your account.
- Go activate 2SV under the account management section at https://account.ubisoft.com!
If you've ever stepped on a Lego...this hurts worse.
By making her gadget a bit more enjoyable to use, we're looking to make Gridlock players' lives a bit easier.
- Lowered Gridlock's Caltrop deployment time to 9s (down from 13s).
- Lowered the individual Caltrops deployment time to 0.45s (down from 0.7s).
- Lowered the range of random deploy variation to 0.05s (down from 0.1s).
- Added a delay of 0.45s before the deployment sequence starts (previously no delay).
The Rainbow 🐐 has goat to dash.
We want to let Oryx make more use of his dash, and added mobility and durability will hopefully make him a bit more fun to play.
- Using his dash through a soft wall will not deplete all the dash charges.
- Increased Dash refresh time to 12s (up from 8s).
- Dash recovery time for all dashes is now 0.5s. (Previous recovery times: soft wall = 1s, enemy = 0.7s).
Hide the hostages!
Giving Fuze a bit more presence and utility with an additional charge.
- Increased the number of cluster charges to 4 (up from 3)
To maintain consistency with softwall interactions, we're giving enemies that are pushed through walls the same feedback as when Oryx dashes through them.
- When pushed through a wall by Nomad's airjabs or Oryx's dash, players will receive the same feedback and rtake the same damage (5 hp) as when Oryx dashes through a soft wall.
- FIXED – Missing anchoring decals from Ace's SELMA.
- FIXED – Ace's SELMA can get stuck when thrown in a certain way at some beams, becoming unrecoverable.
- FIXED – While grappling through a window or hatch, Amaru can aim faster with her LMG if she times her sprint and ADS buttons just prior to landing.
- FIXED – IQ's gadget will not display the outline and distance of Melusi's Banshees.
- FIXED – Zofia's concussion grenades are impacted by external explosions and can bounce away from the target location.
- FIXED – Flattening the doorframes and windows on all maps.
- FIXED – Floating and indestructible wooden squares after destroying some walls on Yacht.
- FIXED – Gunshot sounds are muffled when shooting from inside 1F Technical Seating of Plane.
- FIXED – Various menu/UI fixes.
- FIXED – Various cosmetics fixes.
- FIXED – Various Lighting issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various shop visual and cosmetic fixes.
- FIXED – (PvE) Interaction between Ace's gadget and AI.
The next game in the series, Rainbow Six Quarantine is currently on track to release sometime before the end of March, 2021. The game has been previously delayed after Ghost Recon Breakpoint performed poorly last year.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation