PUBG Mobile Has Added Its First Exclusive Battle Royale Map With Update 0.19.0
PUBG Mobile has a new map, Livik, which is focused on fast matches and is exclusive to the mobile version.
PUBG Mobile, the iOS/Android version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, has launched its first-ever exclusive map. The new battle royale arena is called Livik, and its designed with quick matches in mind. Livik arrives as part of the 0.19.0 patch, which introduces many new elements to the game.
The update is available now, and will take up about 1.84 GB on Android and 2.13 GB on iOS, so set some space aside. The update, detailed on Reddit, introduces many changes and additions, but the map is the highlight.
Livik is a Nordic-style map that measures just 2km by 2km. 52 players can dive in, and matches are guaranteed to end within 15 minutes, so expect a lot of early bloodshed. The map is still in its beta stage, so it's not quite feature complete yet, but you can play it now.
The map will also get two exclusive weapons, the SMG: P90 and MK 12 marksman rifle, as well as an exclusive Monster Truck. Experimental Trial Weapon Crates will be coming to the map at a later date, which will be regular weapons with slightly beefed up stats.
A new themed mode is also being added in Classic Mode to the Erangel and Miramar maps. Spark the Flame is a mode where statues and camps have been added to the maps, and burning the smaller statues dotted around the place will drop supplies and event items.
Spark the Flame is also the name of Royale Pass Season 14, which will be available on July 14. Here's what the pass will introduce:
- To celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of Royale Pass, the Roaring Dragon and Dragon Hunter-themed rewards from Season 5 will return.
- A RP Prime subscription collaboration with Google is available. Includes both Prime and Prime Plus, which can be subscribed to simultaneously. Supports monthly, quarterly, and yearly subscription. Collect 300 or 900 RP Vouchers every month, along with redemption discounts and Airplane Ranking display perks (only available for Google at this time; available soon for other players).
- Consolidated page for RP perks. Instantly view consecutive purchase perks and preview other exclusive RP perks.
- Added an RP Crate Luck Event with amazing rewards.
- There is a chance to display an RP-related message when returning to the lobby after a match.
- Improved display of Airplane Ranking and other content in-battle.
A huge range of changes, updates, and fixes have been introduced in patch 0.19.0, so it's worth checking out the full list on Reddit if you're interested.
PUBG Mobile has been a major success, earning over $3 billion worldwide.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.