Pokemon Video Game National Championships touring Australia
The Pokemon Video Game Australian National Championships will take place across the country; winners will compete in 2013 Pokemon Video Game World Championships.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Nintendo Australia has announced that it will be bringing the Pokémon Video Game Australian National Championships to the land down under this year.
The championships will see players face off against each other on the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 games for a chance to win a trip to compete in the 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships.
Entrants are divided into the following age divisions:
• Junior Division: Born in 2002 or later
• Senior Division: Born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001
• Masters Division: Born in 1997 or earlier
The top two players in each division will score flights, accommodation, and invitations to the Pokémon Video Game World Championships, hosted by The Pokémon Company International. The tournament will take place from August 9-11 this year in Vancouver, Canada.
Rules can be found at the Pokémon website (PDF). PAX Australia will also be hosting a leg of the tournament, with attendees at the show given the opportunity to participate. Fans who were unable to purchase tickets to PAX Australia can attend additional events at the following locations:
• Perth (Supanova Pop Culture Expo), Sunday, June 30
• Melbourne (Deakin Edge – Federation Square), Saturday, July 6
• Brisbane (Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre), Sunday, July 7
• Adelaide (AVCon Anime and Video Game Convention), Saturday, July 13
• Sydney (Luna Park), Sunday, July 14
PAX Australia will take place this year from July 19-21 at the Melbourne Showgrounds, marking the first time the expo has gone international.