Pokemon Go: First Gen 5 Pokemon And Jirachi Coming As Ultra Bonuses
The first Unova Pokemon will be making their debut in Pokemon Go next month.
Pokemon Go developer Niantic has already rolled out a variety of bonuses to reward players for completing all of the Global Challenges during its recent Pokemon Go Fest event in Yokohama, Japan, but there are still more rewards on the way. Because players managed to clear all of the Global Challenges from this year's three Pokemon Go Fests, Niantic is releasing a variety of Ultra Bonuses in the game soon, and they include a new Jirachi-focused Special Research quest called "Thousand-Year Slumber," as well as the first appearance of some Gen 5 Pokemon. [Update: Gen 5 Pokemon are officially coming on September 16.]
Beginning September 2, the developer will be making a variety of other bonuses and special Pokemon available in the game for a limited time. There will be a new set of bonuses each week between September 2 and 23, and they include the appearance of new Shiny Pokemon, the return of some Legendaries, and the debut of the first Gen 5 monsters. You can see all of the bonuses below.
Pokemon Go Ultra Bonuses
- Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and other Johto Pokemon will appear in Raid Battles
- Unown U, L, T, R, and A may hatch from 10 km Pokemon eggs
- Shiny Sentret and Shiny Gligar will appear in the wild
- Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Tauros may hatch from 7 km eggs. You may also hatch their Shiny forms
- All four forms of Deoxys will appear in five-star Raid Battles
- Pokemon effective against Deoxys will appear in other tier Raids
- Klink and Shiny Klink will appear in Raid Battles
- Shiny Patrat and Shiny Lillipup will appear in the wild
- Mewtwo that know Psystrike will appear in five-star Raids, as will Shiny Mewtwo
In addition to those three waves of Ultra Bonuses, all players will be able to undertake the aforementioned Thousand-Year Slumber Special Research quest, which leads to an encounter with the Mythical Pokemon Jirachi, and any Pokemon eggs placed in Incubators over these three weeks will hatch in half the time as normal. You can read more details about all of the Ultra Bonuses on the official Pokemon website.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.