Nintendo offering 2-for-1 GameCube bundles...in Japan
W-Pack line will pair up seven GameCube games into double-packs that will sell for the price of one game.
TOKYO--According to retailers in Japan, Nintendo is set to begin bundling a series of seven GameCube titles into two-game packages that will sell for nearly the price of a single game. Named the W-Pack (pronounced "Double-Pack" in Japanese), the game bundles are slated to hit stores on July 23.
The main line of W-Packs includes five titles in various combinations: Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Party 5, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and Custom Robo. Nintendo will also be releasing a W-Pack of Pikmin and Pikmin 2, which comes with five Pikmin figure models as a bonus and retails at 8,980 yen ($83). The W-Pack will retail at 7,880 yen ($73). Two titles sold separately cost a total of 12,180 yen ($113).
The available selection of W-Packs are:
- Kirby Air Ride & Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Kirby Air Ride & Mario Party 5
- Kirby Air Ride & Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Kirby Air Ride & Custom Robo
- Super Smash Bros. Melee & Mario Party 5
- Super Smash Bros. Melee & Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Super Smash Bros. Melee & Custom Robo
- Mario Party 5 & Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Mario Party 5 & Custom Robo
- Custom Robo & Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Pikmin & Pikmin 2
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org