New Horror Movies Coming To Shudder In May 2019
More Joe Bob Briggs, please.
If you're on the lookout for new horror movies to watch this May, you may want to check out what the AMC stream service Shudder has to offer. Next month, there are some new original series you should check out, along with a growing selection of horror flicks watch.
There are a few movies you may have missed coming next month, including the second and third movies in the V/H/S series. Much like Creepshow in the '80s, V/H/S is a horror anthology featuring different stories and directors. The third film in the franchise, Viral, is the weakest of the lot, but still very much worth your time. Also headed to Shudder in May are 2008's Doomsday, 1996's Fear, and 2015's Predestination, all on the first of the month.
As for other programming, Shudder is continuing to put out more original and exclusive content on its service. The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs will air live on Fridays, continuing the Thanksgiving specials he did on the service. Briggs introduces the movies and occasionally pops up to talk to the viewers at home. He's been doing this gig since 1986 with Drive-In Theater on TMC.
On May 8, the Shudder original movie The Ranger arrives. The film follows a group of teens on run from the police. They end up in the woods and find themselves terrorized by a crazy park ranger. On May 23, The Night Shifter hits the service, following a man who works at a morgue during the graveyard shift. The man can talk to the dead, which somehow releases a curse.
Shudder is available on iOS, Android, FireTV, Roku, and Xbox One. An annual membership costs $4 a month--billed yearly for $47.88--or monthly for $5. Below, you'll find a full list of everything arriving to Shudder this May. For more streaming service selections for May, check out what Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video has in store.
Shudder Original Movies
- The Ranger (2018, Jenn Wexler)--available Thursday, May 9 (Also available on Shudder Canada and Shudder UK)
Shudder Original & Exclusive Series
- The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs--Fridays at 9 PM ET/ 6 PM PT (Most titles available live on Shudder Canada; select titles also available on demand on Shudder UK)
May 2019 Highlights
- Stan Lee's Lucky Man, Season 3--available Thursday, May 16 (Also available on Shudder Canada)
- Eli Roth's History Of Horror: Uncut Podcast--premieres Friday, May 3
Additional May Releases
- Bad Dreams (1984, Andrew Fleming, also available on Shudder Canada)
- Doomsday (2008, Neil Marshall)
- Fear (1996, James Foley)
- The Other (1972, Robert Mulligan, also available on Shudder Canada)
- Predestination (2015, Peter Spierig)
- Bloody Birthday (1981, Ed Hunt, also available on Shudder Canada)
- V/H/S/2 (2013, Simon Barrett, Jason Eisener, Gareth Evans, Gregg Hale, Eduardo Sanchez, Timo Tjahjanto, Adam Wingward)
- V/H/S: Viral (2014, Justin Benson, Gregg Bishop, Todd Lincoln, Aaron Moorhead, Marcel Sarmiento, Nacho Vigalondo)
- White God (2014, Kornél Mundruczó, also available on Shudder Canada)
- 100 Bloody Acres (2013, Cameron Cairnes, Colin Cairnes)
- Effects (1980, Dusty Nelso, also available on Shudder Canada)
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com