New Call Of Duty: WW2 Update Out Tomorrow, Here's What It Does
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
This weekend marks the end of Call of Duty: WWII's Resistance event, and as such it's the last weekend to get double character, Division, and weapon XP. This weekend also marks the launch of the game's next update, which rebalances several weapons and changes the speed of aiming down sights for many guns.
Sledgehammer detailed the patch on Reddit today, and it is highlighted by significant changes to ADS speeds. Most interestingly, the Kar98K and M1903 sniper rifles will have their ADS speeds decreased in order to slightly reduce the effectiveness of quickscoping. LMGs, SMGs, and Rifles, meanwhile, will all have their base ADS speeds increased. SMGs gets an additional boost to the speed of aiming down sights immediately after sprinting, a tweak that's meant to better delineate between the weapon classes.
As for other weapon balance changes, the MP-40 will get some attention, having its recoil improved so that it's more competitive with the PPSh-41. The SVT-40 also gets better recoil but an increased hip-fire spread, both meant to bring it in line with the M1 Garand. You can read all of the weapon changes below.
The update is scheduled for launch tomorrow on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. In other news, you can currently play Call of Duty: WWII's multiplayer for free on PC. In addition, its first expansion, The Resistance, will be released on PS4 next week.
ADS TRANSITION TIMES/ADS FROM SPRINT TIMES/ADS SPRINT OUT TIMES:
- Buffed base ADS times and buffed ADS in from sprint times (ADS sprint out times match ADS from sprint times).
- Buffed base ADS transition times, but not ADS from sprint times/ADS sprint out times, in an effort to maintain a difference between the SMG and AR class playstyles.
Snipers: Kar98k and M1903
- Nerfed ADS transition times (a slight quickscoping nerf).
- Buffed base ADS times
Note: Base ADS times for SMGs are faster than Rifles, and Rifles are faster than LMGs. In other words, there is now more of a distinction between class playstyles.
- Buffed recoil in an effort to have a more competitive SMG on par with the PPSh-41.
- Nerfed fire rate so that the damage output is more in line with other weapons in its class.
- Buffed recoil in an effort to make it more manageable to shoot down range and give a better contrast to the M1 Garand.
- Nerfed hip spread to match the M1 Garand's in an effort to decrease the ability to quickly kill opponents at closer ranges.
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly slower than the Gewehr 43).
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly faster than M1A1).
- Buffed recoil (closer to that of M1A1).
- Buffed clip size to be 12 rounds per clip instead of 10.
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling
- Buffed damage per pellet to be on par with the recent Sawed-Off Shotgun changes so that this shotgun now has a more automatic 2-shot kill and a slightly more forgiving one-shot kill.
- Buffed shotgun damage range, so that it's now more feasible to finish off an opponent who didn't die from a rifle bullet.
- Buffed ADS spread to allow for greater accuracy when shooting enemies that are outside of the obvious shotgun range (while ADS).
- Buffed clip size to be 8 shots per clip instead of 6 in an effort to allow players to have more success with this weapon.
- Nerfed ADS spread to be on par with other shotguns (besides the M30).
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org